HD version X3 Reunion & X3 Terran War Pack

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Kuroneko Hashimoto

HD version X3 Reunion & X3 Terran War Pack

Post by Kuroneko Hashimoto » Thu, 21. Sep 23, 17:43

What format are these textures encoded in? (because I can pull from dds and process them with neural network, but I don't have exact data on how to encode them back).

(this is already the 7th translation of the game in HD, I can distinguish between the texture of a normal and a couple of views with transparency)

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/a4yjU_Lmwpo14g

I need specifically what format to save in. I expect a clear answer from the above image.

Modders and developers x64 engine for stalker could not advise anything, one already hope for your help.

Realspace
x4

Re: HD version X3 Reunion & X3 Terran War Pack

Post by Realspace » Wed, 27. Sep 23, 11:15

Don't know if this is what you are asking, but sofar I remember X3 accepted only 8bit dx5 interpolated alpha and dx1. While X4 prefers argb 32bit.
All have to be packed in a gzip without the .dds at the end.
The reference is actually a .tga format that is huge. So it should be accepted too. I think is the format used by the developers before packing everything. Materials are often called with this extension but the engine seems not to care about the extension expressed in the materials.

N8M4R3
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: HD version X3 Reunion & X3 Terran War Pack

Post by N8M4R3 » Wed, 27. Sep 23, 15:32

I don't know if it's the exact format which were used on existing files but i can say that textures i saved with the setting "B8G8R8A8 (Linear, A8R8G8B8)" with paint.net are working ingame.

EDIT: The equivalent from this should be with the NVIDIA Plugin "8.8.8.8 ARGB 32 bpp | unsigned". Which is a uncompressed saving method with included alpha channel.
Neue Erweiterung für X3 verfügbar: Farnham's Legacy | +Optional: weitere Verbesserungen im inoffiziellen Patch v1.3.14 *** Modified*** :khaak: :thumb_up:
Diese Woche im Angebot: HUD-GUI-Mix (FL) | Text-DB 0001-L049 (FL) | Textkorrekturen & Verbesserungen (FL)
Weitere Veröffentlichungen hier: N8workX
Nützliches Tool für nicht mehr vorhandene Downloads: web.archive.org
Externes Archiv für MOD/SCR Ressourcen: xdownloads.co.uk | code.google.com/archive/p/x3tcscripts/

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”