[PLOT] TC/AP Plots for FL : v1.03 : 2023/12/03

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

eldarmark
x4

Re: [PLOT] TC/AP Plots for FL : v1.02 : 2023/12/03

Post by eldarmark » Fri, 29. Dec 23, 16:27

So trying to track down a crash bug. Someone on Reddit is having the same thing so it doesn't seem to be exclusive to me.

If I start as Lost Terracorp Pilot CS start, once I finally get to the HQ, the game immediately exits to the main menu once I click claim. Happens with the Disowned Boron CS start too.

I thought it was the good chunk of mods I had so I did a full clean install -- uninstall, deleted the folders, reinstall, then installed the Plugin Manager. Installed the SPK versions of just the Unofficial Patch and Old Plots (Patch first). The other three were already waiting for me after I did a reinstall of the Plugin Manager.

Fresh save, saved in getsu fune, used the script editor and all-seeing-eye to find the HQ, reloaded in getsu fune, got a ship and flew to where it was, same thing. Hit claim and the game puts me back to the main menu.

Old Plots 1.02
Unofficial Patch 1.3.12
Community Plugin Conf 1.61
Hotkey Manager 1.21
Ware Manager 1.20

Edit: Tried the Boron Challenging Sandbox start and same thing. Guess I'll try just the Unofficial Patch with no Old Plots SPK installed and go from there.

Edit2: Nividium Miner start, no Old Plots installed, same thing. Seems to be something with the Unofficial Patch, I think? I'll try Vanilla next and if it works for Vanilla I'll move this over to the Unofficial Patch thread.

Edit3: And moving it right back here.

I just did a full uninstall of the plugin manager, and installed the Unofficial Patch manually using the ZIP file instead... and it works. No crash when grabbing the HQ with the same save that worked in vanilla.

Full uninstall of the game. Full uninstall of the plugin manager. Deleted the addons2 folder. Installed the game. Installed the plugin manager. Works with just the built in script libraries installed.

Installed a freshly downloaded Unofficial Patch SPK via the Install Packages button (instead of drag and drop). Works.

Installed a freshly downloaded Old Plots SPK via the Install Packages button. Crashes.

Uninstalled Old Plots. Crashes.

Uninstalled Unofficial Patch and reinstalled. Works. So Old Plots modifies a file that the Unofficial Patch uses and breaks it, and the plugin manager doesn't catch that.

I'll try and see what I can find next.

Edit4:

So the 4 files that are the same name in each folder are

!station.event.hq.pck
plugin.customstart.config.pck
plugin.customstart.menu.pck
pluginmanager.txt

So I'm guessing it's !station.event.hq.pck being overwritten? Investigating.

Edit5:

Both installed and enabled

Manually re-overwrote !station.event.hq.pck with the Unofficial Patch version (1689 bytes, November 11th 8:12 PM) and it works. But I don't know what it might be not doing that Old Plots needs done.

Edit6: The only diff is the Old Plots version has a different version number and it doesn't give the Unfocused Jumpdrive. Not sure if things will blow up if the other plot tries to give you the Unfocused JD when you already have one, but, should be fun to find out. Hopefully it's an easy fix for the file.

eldarmark
x4

Post by eldarmark » Sat, 30. Dec 23, 12:36

1.03 is out and addresses this issue per Cycrow.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sat, 30. Dec 23, 21:57

Is there a version history for 1.03?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 30. Dec 23, 22:04

1.03 is just a small fix for claiming the HQ

Dels

Post by Dels » Fri, 12. Jan 24, 11:36

Can I use this patch with saving from version 1.3.13? Will all missions be available or will I need to start a new one game?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 12. Jan 24, 12:37

yes it should work fine with an existing game

Dels

Re: [MOD] Unoffical Patch : V1.3.13 : 2024-06-01

Post by Dels » Wed, 24. Jan 24, 15:25

I set "plots 1.0.3" to save in patch 1.3.13. I have completed the plots for the Xenon Hub and the Earth Spy, reputation with the Argons +10, Terrans +6 and all other races +8 and 10 except pirates, yaks, duke ( AOG -1 I don’t know how to raise). I don’t have a single plot with TC other than “Treasure Hunt”! There's not even a Goner plot!
I forgot to add that I play without dynamic relationships.

*Post Moved* - N8M4R3

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”