[MOD] Guilds - BETA v0.41 - 2024/04/02

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Dels

Re: [MOD] Guilds - BETA v0.30 - 2024/02/29

Post by Dels » Mon, 4. Mar 24, 11:26

Hello! I am very grateful to you for your work, since this is my favorite game! Will there be a translation into Russian? Many NPCs are called "Read text" and improved jump engine, guild menu.

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Mon, 4. Mar 24, 17:25

Are privateer and guild sectors always friendly with player, since they don’t have notoriety? (Hope so! I’d be nice to have some space that is unaffected by dynamic rep)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 7. Mar 24, 00:03

the privateer and Guild sectors/ships are always friendly.

and you can buy anything from the Privateer without needing specific reputation.

for the guilds, the stuff available at the HQ/Shipyards depends on your rank with the guild

steve_v
x4

Post by steve_v » Thu, 14. Mar 24, 08:05

Just installed this (GOG X3: Terran War Pack 3.8 on Gentoo GNU/Linux, Unofficial patch 1.3.14 + Guilds 0.30 installed via X Plugin Manager Lite 1.88 in WINE), and I'm getting a hard freeze on loading into any start.

The "game modified" warning appears, new message icon flashes once, then no further screen updates or audio and no response to input.

STDERR prints a bunch of textid errors, followed by a bunch of "no subtype" errors for new wares, then spams "702.__runScript 0.SV_TableFind(0) Trying to find value in nonexisting table"
a few thousand times, while X3FL_main spins on one thread until forcibly (SIGKILL) killed.
Full console output here.
Game directory layout (tree -h) here.

Both unmodified X3FL and Unofficial patch 1.3.14 seem (at least insofar as starting a game) to run just fine. This looks like an installation problem to me, but with no GNU/Linux native version of the plugin manager and no .zip distribution of Guilds, I'm unsure how best to proceed. Is the .spk format unpackable with any cross-platform tools?

---

Ed. This is apparently a problem with running X Plugin Manager under WINE. While it produces no errors and claims to install mods successfully, something is clearly borking behind the scenes.
Installing Plugin Manager, Unofficial Patch and Guilds from a Winblows 10 VM (VirtualBox, directories set to native GNU/Linux X3 install via VBox "Shared Folder" network map) results in a working install.

Any chance we can get a native plugin manager, official WINE testing, or some cross-platform .spk tooling? Installing things from a VM is highly suboptimal.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 14. Mar 24, 16:23

You could covert the spknto a zip without issue, there isn't anything special other than the dependency check.

A zip file will he included after beta

steve_v
x4

Post by steve_v » Sat, 16. Mar 24, 11:57

Well, so far so fun. :D
Changes to the base game are all good ones, new content also very nice so far.

Minor niggles:
Spoiler
Show
I'm seeing severe framerate issues in a couple of pirate core sectors (Hatikvahs and Lost Order so far), along with very long sector unload times leaving them (i.e. warp transition on leaving through a gate hangs for ~20s). Not sure if it's Guilds causing this, but I don't recall anything similar in the base game. There's nothing particularly exciting going on there, and I'm still trying to figure out exactly what these sectors have in common.
^ Nevermind, Schroedinger's performance problem appears to have fixed itself as soon as I started trying to figure out what's going on in earnest.
* Many of the added M6s still have pre-buff (TC) sized weapons generators, making them vastly inferior to AP/FL ships of the same class. That's the only major ship-balance issue I've seen so far.
* The FL plot status in "Challenging sandbox" (OTAS Technician) start had me a mite confused. I was expecting randomly placed HQ and hub (as per base FL), but got a gate link Perpetual Sin <-> Holy Vision and HQ in The Void Zeta (i.e. pretty much as if I had taken the Paranid choice in the FL Hub plot).
The hub itself is nowhere to be found, presumably meaning I have to suck up to the fishheads and do that plot from TC... Right?

Otherwise, awaiting the next installment with bated breath.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 16. Mar 24, 15:24

the OTAS Technician should work the same as any other challenging sandbox starts. Its actually part of the unofficial patch, rather than guilds. It seems to work fine for me.
It is the correct ship, with the correct shields/weapons installed ? (should be a Solana with 2 Phased Repeater Guns)

steve_v
x4

Post by steve_v » Sun, 17. Mar 24, 01:53

Cycrow wrote:
Sat, 16. Mar 24, 15:24
It is the correct ship, with the correct shields/weapons installed ?
Yup.
Finally found the hub too, turns out it's just somewhere I'd never have thought to look for it, behind a wormhole I didn't realise was even a thing. You have outfoxed me sir, cool new stuff hiding skils par excellence. :)

steve_v
x4

Post by steve_v » Sun, 17. Mar 24, 08:01

Finally encountered a real (though GNU/Linux specific) bug:
addon2/mov/00344.dat is encoded as asf/wmav2, this format is not loadable in the linux native X3 builds. For audio clips to play, encoding needs to be ogg/vorbis.
Easy enough to fix, maybe add a note somewhere that GNU/Linux users need to e.g.:

Code: Select all

mv 00344.dat 00344.wma
ffmpeg -i 00344.wma 00344.ogg
mv 00344.ogg 00344.dat
to fix missing voices.

nisidominusfrustra
x3ap

Post by nisidominusfrustra » Thu, 21. Mar 24, 23:33

First, many thanks Cycrow for all the work you do and have done. It has made all the X games far more enjoyable, engaging and complex.

One small problem -

Abandoned ships (recognised via use of All Seeing Eye and/or Salvage Command Suite V 4.11 by TECSG) are not actually abandoned, making claiming them impossible.

I use 'Colour By Race' giving all ships a colour and the 'abandoned' ships show up as 'uncoloured' (ie, not associated with Boron, Argon or whatever) but, although registering as 'abandoned' they still have a named pilot. They don't do anything, no movement, just sitting in space. Outside these circumstances, I've got a pilot to eject and found that the ship still has a pilot, who happens to have the same name as the bailed astronaut.

This first happened on release of the 0.30 update.

Using - Cheat Collection Package, NPC Bailing Addon, Guilds, Unofficial Patch, Galaxy Explorer, Salvage Command Suite, Colour By Race, All Seeing Eye.

Any advice would be welcome.
I reject the cynical view that politics is a dirty business.

Richard M. Nixon

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 22. Mar 24, 00:11

This is an issue with the unoffical patch, it should just be a display issue, so normal claiming should work.

This is fixed in 1.3.15

nisidominusfrustra
x3ap

Post by nisidominusfrustra » Sat, 23. Mar 24, 15:17

Cycrow wrote:
Fri, 22. Mar 24, 00:11
This is an issue with the unoffical patch, it should just be a display issue, so normal claiming should work.

This is fixed in 1.3.15
Many thanks for the quick response. Happy to wait.
I reject the cynical view that politics is a dirty business.

Richard M. Nixon

steve_v
x4

Post by steve_v » Tue, 26. Mar 24, 14:34

Okay, pretty sure I have isolated the cause of the performance problems I mentioned earlier. I Don't know if it really has anything to do with Guilds TBH, but I figure since that's what I'm playing/testing (and I never saw this in stock FL) I'll leave it here anyway:
It's Pirate Rapid Response Galleons... or whatever it is they're up to in this case.
* Multiple sectors containing one were running like arse (~10FPS on a 10900K).
* Leaving sector hangs the game (100% one CPU thread, black screen after warp SFX) for anywhere from 20s to several minutes (appears to scale with number of RR galleons in sector).
* Destroying the offending ship(s) or warping them to another sector with the cheat menu causes much the same hang.
* Destroying the ship(s) before entering the sector results in normal performance in-sector and normal sector unload times leaving it (though I notice the cheat menu destroy action itself takes several seconds).
* Normal (pirate or otherwise) galleons don't appear to cause this, at least none that I've seen around or spawned in with the cheat menu. Game runs just fine with 10 cheat-menu-spawned pirate galleons in sector.
* This *might* be related to docking, as I notice in the latest instance the 2 RR galleons in sector were trying to dock at a shipyard. Pretty sure all previous occurances were also in sectors with shipyards, but I didn't catch what the ships were trying to do.

This is a little odd as the galleon is a stock ship AFAIK, and so are the rapid response scripts... Is pirates having a rapid response force stock FL as well? I don't remember.
Now I know I can go make a sandwich then fix it with the cheat menu this is not as save-killing as I thought it was... But still, something is definitely up and it's definitely those ships in particular.

Any way to force-spawn a RR ship for testing?
Anything else I should be investigating, or likely culprits spring to mind?
Last edited by steve_v on Tue, 26. Mar 24, 14:49, edited 1 time in total.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 26. Mar 24, 14:49

The issue is with RRF pirate ships. Standard FL didn't have pirate versions.

The issue is fixed in 0.40.

The RRF scripts sometimes create follower ships, but it doesn't take into account the pirate cover state, so it keep spawning more as it doesn't recognise the ships as pirates

steve_v
x4

Post by steve_v » Tue, 26. Mar 24, 14:52

Cycrow wrote:
Tue, 26. Mar 24, 14:49
The issue is fixed in 0.40.
Excellent. Guess I'll stop messing with it now :P Thanks.

cougarinva

Post by cougarinva » Wed, 27. Mar 24, 18:40

First off let me say I absolutely LOVE this Mod!

Here's my dilemma:

I chose this as my custom start:

Race: Terran
Universe State: Terran Conflict
Terran Spy Plot: Yes
Headquarters Plot: Farnham's Legacy, Player Headquarters located in Heretic's End (I really didn't want to start finding it again because I had built quite the empire in old FL and wanted a little head start).
Xenon Hub Plot: Terran Conflict

I've spent a fair amount of time in this universe now. I've completed the Goner Plot and the Final Fury Plot. Joint the Bounty Hunters Guild, advanced within that.

I cannot seem to get the Terran Plot to start? This is needed to trigger the Hub Plot, correct? Did I blow this start because I picked having the HQ at first? Would really rather not have to start over.
Please advise.

And thank you again for all the hard work, this is a fabulous mod! Was starting to tire of playing X3, this has made it my #1 time waster once again! :D

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 27. Mar 24, 19:52

There are 2 terran plots. The FL one, and the TC one. However, neither are needed for the Hub plot, the Hub plot requires high Boron rank, trade rank and then fly to a Boron sector to start it.

The TC terran plot needs Argon and Terran ranks, some fight rank, then start the mission in Omicron Lyrae.

for the FL one, it works the same, need to build a TOA. The FL Terran plot is only needed to access Terran space from an FL plot start. All other starts have the Terran sectors already, so you can do the TC plot straight away

cougarinva

Post by cougarinva » Wed, 27. Mar 24, 21:19

ok, here's my current status:

Capitalist
Assassin
Argon Federation Marshall
Boron Queen's Guard
Terran Hero of Sol

After achieving this level, I've flown the Terran sectors from Oort Cloud to Earth, every subsector of Omicron Lyrae multiple times, and multiple core and border sectors of Boron space, and I'm not getting any prompts for any plot comms? I'm concerned I may have done something to break the plots? Not the end of the world if that's the case, just want to know if I'm wasting my time continuing with this game set, or do I need to start over?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 30. Mar 24, 13:41

There seems to be an issue with the Terran Plot starting from a custom game, this should be fixed in 0.4

The hub plot should still work though, you just need the Boron rank 8 (Kings Knight)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [MOD] Guilds - BETA v0.40 - 2024/04/01

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 1. Apr 24, 14:17

New Update: 0.40
  • Fixed Mercenary Alpha docking ports
  • Fixed Industritech Nomad weapon assignments
  • Fixed Kha'ak Destroyer/Carrier models
  • Fixed mines in Treasure Chest
  • Fixed RRF ships creating too many pirate ships
  • Fixed Advanced jumpdrive using energy
  • Fixed M6 laser recharge for new ships
  • Fixed Terran plot in custom start
  • Rebalanced Industritech ships
  • Renamed Industritech Bragi => Poseidon
  • Renamed Industritech Scionfire => Prometheus
  • Renamed Navigators Saiien II => Scionfire
  • Added Pure Sandbox - Teladi Profiteer
  • Added voice for guild recruitment missions
  • Added voice for Bounty Hunters plot
Linux download also included
:!: Linux version contains both the Unofficial patch and the Guilds mod together (so no need to install them seperatly)

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”