X3:AP - Question on Stock Exchange Unlocks

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Doral74
x3

X3:AP - Question on Stock Exchange Unlocks

Post by Doral74 » Thu, 15. Dec 11, 09:48

Okay I went with the trader start because I wanted to jump right into the stock exchange/trader route. Argon's requirement is out of reach for abit, but I started trading in Paranid space to see what their requirement was.

Friend of Priest is what the exchange has listed. Took me about an hour of running energy into Paranid Prime to get it up to that and then when I try to access the local exchange while docked there it is still grayed out. I have read the FAQ to make sure I have everything for the requirements including the trade extension software. Is the listed requirement a typo maybe and the reputation requirement is actually higher? Just wondering so I can plan my next steps. Any information on this is appreciated.

Thanks.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 15. Dec 11, 11:14

if the exchanges are unlocked, they will no longer display the unlock information.

so check the station info menu and see if it still wants to be unlocked

Doral74
x3

Post by Doral74 » Thu, 15. Dec 11, 12:20

It still wants the requirement, even though I have it now. (Actually I'm one level above it now)

"Paranid Notoriety Friend of Priest".

That is why I'm wondering if it is a bug, it is displaying that but maybe it wants something higher up the list

ClusterDSA

Post by ClusterDSA » Sat, 17. Dec 11, 12:27

I'm having the same problem with the Argon Stock Exchange, when I saw the requirement I went ahead and built a basic wheat complex in Ringo Moon but it still won't let me trade there, very odd. :?

Xander Cade
x3tc

Post by Xander Cade » Sat, 17. Dec 11, 13:32

I've run into the same thing with Yaki SE. I brought the requested 4 Space Weed and tried everything I could think of but it just wouldn't unlock. Notably, when I docked without the requirements onboard I did not get the massage telling me what they were, but clicking on the Space Weed button when I did get it just closed the message.

I have been using two Teladi and Paranid Exchanges, from the other side of the galaxy, without issue.
"What he doesn't understand is that the Welsh are a subject people, put on Earth to do menial tasks for the English." - John Cleese

Byron5184
x3tc

Post by Byron5184 » Sat, 17. Dec 11, 13:37

In relation to the Argon Stock Exchange, I found that it unlocked for me once my station had some goods in it, wasn't even producing yet. I placed a Mosquito Factory in Argon Prime and put some Ore and EC's in it and the Exchange opened the next time I docked at it. Still took a little bit of time for the Exchange to unlock though. About 10-15 minutes I think.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 17. Dec 11, 13:40

I had the delay with the Argon Prime stock exchange.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

ClusterDSA

Post by ClusterDSA » Sat, 17. Dec 11, 15:27

The wheat complex had energy right after it was built (I had Mercurys full of energy on standby) and started producing wheat right away. I've given it over and hour in SETA time still won't unlock when I dock at it.

bytes

Post by bytes » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 03:44

Please look into the Stock Exchange unlocks Egosoft, there are multiple topics about it with stations not unlocking, despite the player meeting the requirements. I've tried all day to get the Argon Prime exchange to unlock, i dropped a satellite on its roof, setup a new wheat farm in the sector, raised my faction, all to no avail.

It just seems like they're buggy for some people :( And yeah, i had every possible trading software installed, so it's not the trading extension either.

tater-tots
x3tc

Post by tater-tots » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 08:48

was looking for this thread earlier. started another in the tech. issues with AP.

some of the Stock Exchange are not unlocking like they should for me.
-nothing is modded

DarkKlown77
x3tc

Post by DarkKlown77 » Thu, 22. Dec 11, 16:42

Cycrow wrote:if the exchanges are unlocked, they will no longer display the unlock information.

so check the station info menu and see if it still wants to be unlocked
Anyone know why the stock exchanges in Nyana's Hideout work for me? Argon start, no stations in argon space, yet that Stock Exchange works for me. Bug?

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 22. Dec 11, 17:51

tater-tots wrote:was looking for this thread earlier. started another in the tech. issues with AP.

some of the Stock Exchange are not unlocking like they should for me.
-nothing is modded
Once you satisfy the condition to unlock, you have to dock at it in your flying ship, and have a trading extension equipped, for it to start working. I have unlocked every race, except the Yaki, Pirates and Terrans.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 22. Dec 11, 21:17

Xander Cade wrote:I've run into the same thing with Yaki SE. I brought the requested 4 Space Weed and tried everything I could think of but it just wouldn't unlock. Notably, when I docked without the requirements onboard I did not get the massage telling me what they were, but clicking on the Space Weed button when I did get it just closed the message.

I have been using two Teladi and Paranid Exchanges, from the other side of the galaxy, without issue.
For me it was 14 , not 4.
Works ok,but I need to learn how to use it with
http://x3ap.com/2011/12/19/how-to-use-t ... -exchange/

infy dev
x4

Post by infy dev » Thu, 22. Dec 11, 21:37

VincentTH wrote:Once you satisfy the condition to unlock, you have to dock at it in your flying ship, and have a trading extension equipped, for it to start working.
we know that - we're saying it doesn't necessarily work.

grimfear
x3tc

Re: X3:AP - Question on Stock Exchange Unlocks

Post by grimfear » Fri, 23. Dec 11, 00:27

Friend of Priest is what the exchange has listed. Took me about an hour of running energy into Paranid Prime to get it up to that and then when I try to access the local exchange while docked there it is still grayed out. I have read the FAQ to make sure I have everything for the requirements including the trade extension software. Is the listed requirement a typo maybe and the reputation requirement is actually higher? Just wondering so I can plan my next steps. Any information on this is appreciated.

Thanks.[/quote]

Friend of priest is wrong. You need 2 more levels up to unlock it.

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Fri, 23. Dec 11, 01:39

ie, Friend of Priest Duke... :roll:
Well at least we know it isn't broken now, just somewhat rushed.
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

|-|Mohawk|-|
x4

Post by |-|Mohawk|-| » Mon, 9. Jan 12, 06:36

This is my first post on the forums. Been playing X3 (TC and now AP) for about a year and finally decided to join the conversation.

I can also confirm that the Paranid stock exchanges unlock at Friend of Priest Duke and NOT at Friend of Priest. Also, it appears that you must dock with the SE in question in order to unlock it. I had reached Friend of Priest Duke but could still not access the SE, even though I had a M5 docked there. I had to dock myself and then I could access it. I'm pretty sure that's how it was with the Argon SEs, too. After a built a station in Argon space, I still had to dock with each Argon SE to unlock it.

Andypocalypse
x4

Post by Andypocalypse » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 15:36

I cant get the argon prime one to work either :( its starting to P me off a bit as I now have 2 stations and it still wont let me use stock exchange even after docking with the station and trying all the other suggestions on here, Im running an un-modified version on the argon soldier start.

Please Egosoft Stop thanking me for buying your software and sort your bug's out!!!
Andypocalypse

rujikin
x3tc

Post by rujikin » Sat, 28. Jan 12, 07:33

I am the paranid protectorare and yet I still cannot access the stock exchange in Paranid prime. They are not mad at me and I have never attacked them.
Using X3 AP + All TC plots enabled

rujikin
x3tc

Post by rujikin » Sat, 28. Jan 12, 07:33

I am the paranid protectorare and yet I still cannot access the stock exchange in Paranid prime. They are not mad at me and I have never attacked them.
Using X3 AP + All TC plots enabled

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”