Jump problem in automode

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Wlkous

Jump problem in automode

Post by Wlkous » Mon, 8. Jan 24, 10:22

I am having problem with ships to use automated jump drive.

- My TL is not using jump drive when building a complex. Just flying through gates. Has enough EC and autojump in ship menu set up correctly.

- My TS in buy/sell mode for own station also not jumping, just flying. when under station manager than yes.

- any ship in dock at... or follow mode... not using jump drive, just flying.

Have X3 FL 1.3

is it bug or i am missing something ? Any help appreciated. THX

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Re: Jump problem in automode

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 8. Jan 24, 20:04

What is your auto-jump range set to? How far away are the destinations?
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Wlkous

Post by Wlkous » Tue, 9. Jan 24, 23:14

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Mon, 8. Jan 24, 20:04
Well that's not an issue I guess. Autojump is set YES minimum range 15 (needed to travell less) Fuel resupply 50. There are EC in cargobay anyway.
I would paste a picture, but don't know how to do that.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 9. Jan 24, 23:23

The minimum range is the range at which the auto jump is used.

So setting it to 15 means that the jumpdrive will only be used if the destination is at least 15 jumps away, so it'll almost never be used.

It should be set much lower. Usually 1 or 2 jumps is normal

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 10. Jan 24, 03:49

Wlkous wrote:
Tue, 9. Jan 24, 23:14
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Mon, 8. Jan 24, 20:04
Well that's not an issue I guess. Autojump is set YES minimum range 15 (needed to travell less) Fuel resupply 50. There are EC in cargobay anyway.
I would paste a picture, but don't know how to do that.
Yea you'll want to change the minimum range to something like 2. That way if the destination is more than 2 sectors away.... :D
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Wlkous

Post by Wlkous » Fri, 19. Jan 24, 05:30

Well guys, thank you for revealing this game mystery and sorry for later response. I was bussy to play X3 :) Mayby, when you are so clever, you could help me out. I need to solve some more painfull issues.

- HQ managing (tradeble/resource... options), what do they mean exactly and what they do. Because when I would like to supply HQ from my complex, it won't work well, even if I set to supply HQ at the comlex... How to set up things right ?

- My ships (under station manager) are jumping in the middle of the fight to gather leftovers (even 1 stupid EC :evil: ) and keep dying. Well it's nice, I would like them to... but after fight is done and collect all, not just some... I guess it's has something to do with intermediate product sell setup, at the complex, or tradeble/resource at the HQ...

-TS/TP/TL ships will they use boost extension, docking computer, turbo MK1/2 to be more fast in automode? Noticed Springblossom does use turbo, when fighting in automode. It's also possible, to put a pilot in those ships, to be smarter, more effective ? Don't know how, but I've got pilot in Xenon LX.

- Is it possible to trade with a freight drones at the station, but with one price at once ? Mean 40000 sunflowers at once for example.

- System override software is it good for anything ?

- How many sectors are in X3FL ? Have 280 in statistics but traveller achievement is not complete.

- Used disruptor ion gun to bail pilot out from smaller ships, but not succes, how to capture those ? (Not self surrender)

- Capping ships is really painful in X3FL I've trained over 20 marines to 5 star to see them die at once in Capping Xenon Q
It took like 200 game hours and costs millions to train them for nothing :x

- My ships are stopping far away when docking order, for example, when I'm in Kyoto and order Boa to dock, not always but often, they stop at 14km away and stay at zero speed there even when I move mine ship a little to change position...

- HW requirements... a big one :) what hardware I need to have to run Xgame smoothly ?!... I am a big fun of playing this series of X, started like 16 years ago with X2 The Threat which is by the way the best one, from whole series, has spirit. Must be a interplanetary pilot or something in past life :) spend thousands of hours at those. Bought a special PC because of X games years ago. Intel Pentium 7th gen. with 16GB RAM a GK with 8GB RAM my God whole X3FL can get in and steal lagging :x I know it's a 32bit emulated under 64 system but still...

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Fri, 19. Jan 24, 06:36

Wlkous wrote:
Fri, 19. Jan 24, 05:30
Well guys, thank you for revealing this game mystery and sorry for later response. I was bussy to play X3 :) Mayby, when you are so clever, you could help me out. I need to solve some more painfull issues.
Best to use the search option at the top right corner of your browser. A lot of this is covered in other topics and admins don't typically like it when the same topics get multiple threads. I'll try to help you as best I can here.
Wlkous wrote:
- HQ managing (tradeble/resource... options), what do they mean exactly and what they do. Because when I would like to supply HQ from my complex, it won't work well, even if I set to supply HQ at the comlex... How to set up things right ?
Tradeable, Resource, Product, Storage

Tradeable - Like trade docks. Buy and sell this at set price.
Resources (are not sold) - basically like a factory. These are the stuff the PHQ wants to buy.
Products (are not bought) This is what the PHQ is offering as a product for sale.
Storage (keep these for loadouts)
Wlkous wrote:
- My ships (under station manager) are jumping in the middle of the fight to gather leftovers (even 1 stupid EC :evil: ) and keep dying. Well it's nice, I would like them to... but after fight is done and collect all, not just some... I guess it's has something to do with intermediate product sell setup, at the complex, or tradeble/resource at the HQ...
"Station Manager" - Known problem.... they are stupid sometimes and override settings, and do things to lose ships.
Wlkous wrote:
-TS/TP/TL ships will they use boost extension, docking computer, turbo MK1/2 to be more fast in automode? Noticed Springblossom does use turbo, when fighting in automode. It's also possible, to put a pilot in those ships, to be smarter, more effective ? Don't know how, but I've got pilot in Xenon LX.
Boost Extension - Instant to max speed. Most likely AI uses it.
Docking Computer - For player use. Insta-dock without needing to do it through autopilot or manually. Used to beat timers. Can cause problems depending on ship, or location of factory.
Pilots only have trade related skill. Have not seen any effect with combat.
TS (Transport Ship), TP (Passenger Transport), TL (Large Transport for station transporting/placing.) It is possible to put a pilot in all of these. The TL won't need it. Using some ingame functions will actually hire a pilot for you. Auto-Mine and Mk3 Trade Command Software :idea:
Wlkous wrote:
- Is it possible to trade with a freight drones at the station, but with one price at once ? Mean 40000 sunflowers at once for example.
Nope - Best you can do at once is trading "from" a Armoured TS or TS with large cargo capacity.
Wlkous wrote:
- System override software is it good for anything ?
Yep - Need to be about 90 meters from bailed ship to use. Can claim while in ship.
Wlkous wrote:
- How many sectors are in X3FL ? Have 280 in statistics but traveller achievement is not complete.
All sectors need to be personally visited. Commonwealth, Active Randoms, Terran Space. Unclaimed sectors as well.

:idea: I have 281. :idea:
Wlkous wrote:
- Used disruptor ion gun to bail pilot out from smaller ships, but not succes, how to capture those ? (Not self surrender)
Bail chance is dependent upon the pilots morale (hidden stat). You need to do hull damage for a chance of it to happen. Ion Disruptors are not enough, and in my experience don't work at all. Fast firing weapons are the way to go. (Not Mass Drivers :!:)

The more hull damage you do with speed, the better.
Wlkous wrote:
- Capping ships is really painful in X3FL I've trained over 20 marines to 5 star to see them die at once in Capping Xenon Q
It took like 200 game hours and costs millions to train them for nothing :x
Xenon ships are the hardest to capture. :idea: You need to have Fighting at 5 stars as well. I now build Q's, J's, I's and the useless K's.
Wlkous wrote:
- My ships are stopping far away when docking order, for example, when I'm in Kyoto and order Boa to dock, not always but often, they stop at 14km away and stay at zero speed there even when I move mine ship a little to change position...
Known issue....

Issue a stop/idle/none command. Move the carrier slightly. Then re-issue the dock command. Issue a follow me command to the small ship so it changes its position, then re-issue the dock command. These have all worked for me.
Wlkous wrote:
- HW requirements... a big one :) what hardware I need to have to run Xgame smoothly ?!... I am a big fun of playing this series of X, started like 16 years ago with X2 The Threat which is by the way the best one, from whole series, has spirit. Must be a interplanetary pilot or something in past life :) spend thousands of hours at those. Bought a special PC because of X games years ago. Intel Pentium 7th gen. with 16GB RAM a GK with 8GB RAM my God whole X3FL can get in and steal lagging :x I know it's a 32bit emulated under 64 system but still...
Can't really answer this one. The lag depends on how many active items are being operated in your environment. I've severely lagged mine by initiating full scale battles with the xenon. Your system can only render soo much.

There is a reason there is both a minimum and recommended system requirements. It is easily possible to exceed the recommended depending on your own actions in game. Try firing a max flail barrage while in system with it from a missile frigate sometime. You'll see what I mean.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”