[REALSPACE MODS] "STARS" - "XRSGE" - "REM" - various

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ziplock815

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] "STARS" - "XRSGE" - "REM" - various

Post by ziplock815 » Fri, 23. Feb 24, 20:35

Thank you, Realspace
But now I have another very unexpected problem - Hatikvah plot mission where I need to talk to SCA lieutenant. The waypoint marks Defence platform in Elena's Fortune (lots of times before it used to be SCA pirate base). And when I dock, the waypoint says "undock. talk to Dal Busta", no waypoint anywhere inside the station. I'm undocking and waypoint marks this station. After another docking it says "undock" again.... :rant: :rant: :evil:
What the heck is wrong with my game ??? :lol:

P.S. I'm confused again. Did you somehow change defense platforms? Seems like it's something wrong with this station, because station marker is located very high above the station, while other stations have their markers "on" them, in the center. The mission doesn't recognize this particular station correctly and tells me to undock...very weird. I don't know how and from which point game generates on which station to spawn this Dal Busta with SCA lieutenant. Otherwise I'd just replayed using more recent saves.
P.P.S. Genious. I've destroyed this SCA defense platform before the mission, and when the time came the waypoint marked SCA Pirate Base, no problems after that. Dal with SCA lizard are both there.

There's something definitely wrong with those SCA defense platforms...

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sat, 24. Feb 24, 09:44

I suppose the script looks for any sca station having a command center or maybe even any of any kind, I did not look anymore in that mission's script because xrsge 7 works without needing to change that. Yes defence stations are redone, but are just vanilla ones with more defence modules, habitats and storage. Sca defence stations don't exist in vanilla (nor sca shipyards or trade stations) but I used them already in xrsge 6 without issues. So what is exactly wrong with them? The marker issue is not, what else?

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Sat, 24. Feb 24, 17:09

Well, nothing wrong with it anymore, because I have destroyed this station :lol:
Honestly, I don't know what's wrong. The mission just got stuck at this station for some reason. After reloading to more recent savegame and destroying this defense platform, the game "chose" another station (precisely, the SCA pirate base as always) and everything worked fine, I have managed to find Dal and SCA lieutenant there and didn't get "undock" message.

nikoli grimm
x4

Post by nikoli grimm » Sun, 25. Feb 24, 04:29

Just for your information. This is from the XRSGE_Seven-1140-7-1-6 Nexus download.

I was watching the streaming that's available once I had a high enough rep with the Argons and came across this. It's the Shallows sector.

https://i.ibb.co/MfGy8Hr/X4-2024-02-24-08-49-27.jpg

I thought something in my game glitched out, but when I applied a cheat to reveal the sector, seeing as none of my ships had ever visited it before, the entire sector is indeed solid pink. It appears pink even in new playthroughs.
Last edited by Terre on Sun, 25. Feb 24, 08:11, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sun, 25. Feb 24, 09:38

You have to update your STARS mod. Textures for new sectors are there.

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Sun, 25. Feb 24, 11:54

Realspace, I' ve checked Aldrin as you have suggested earlier. I think it's the same as it was, I was hoping for large orange nebula and 2 suns :D
Anyway, I have some ideas, maybe you will find th interesting. Aldrin could be a whole ystem with some sub sectors and be connected with Megnir and Altes again (Sigma whatever), making it a big terran economy stronghold. Maybe some hidden xenon or pirate bases too...
And since all plots now work fine (I hope) what can you say about making Terra forming missions playable in the mod?

Btw, have you played split plot in last version? Seems like we actually have a problem here, the same as it was in version 6. The mission where you need to transport a split in s-ship. After getting a message: "take control of s-sized ship" and taking control of the ship nothing happens :doh:
I don't understand what's wrong with this plot that it always refuses to work after almost every update :D

P. S. For experiment I have started a new custom game and mission works well there. Seems like my old saves aren't compatible somehow.
Small issue found - can't dock do split Industry. Autopilot says "docking not possible", but the tip says "the target has no docks fitting your ship size. Possible dock sizes are: S/M/L/Xl"
I was trying to dock in S ship

P.P.S.Memory of Profit 6. Planet textures (meshes?) missing

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Mon, 4. Mar 24, 14:03

XRSGE version 7.1.9

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/1140

- Various fixes and better positioning of gates
- Changes in some backgrounds
- Reworked ALL highways, for better shape and functionality

Added both patch for: 1) adding back vanilla highways too and 2) removing ALL highways included XRSGE highways.
Vanilla highways are removed by default

As always, there is also a patch to remove the Prism mod (colored text)

NOTE: some highways can still be discarded by the autopilot, this depends from the AI and there is nothing more I can do except maybe making some more changes in gate's positioning to "help" the ai to see the hw.
If you see some strange shape of an hw (like a zizag), please inform me, I can easily fix it for next update.

To help the pilot in those cases where the guidance is not choosing the highways, set the course with an intermediate point close to the highway's entrance.
In any case, please list here if and what highways do not work properly (other than the shape) or if the autopilot choses a longer route instead; they should be just a few sectors to have issues.

I've updated the RESHADE settings. This version is even more subtle (reduced the intensity of glow inside stations).
I've tested various sharpening effects in Reshade and they ALL eat fps. X4 needs sharpening, everything pops up together with this reshade.
I highy highly suggest to add the SHARPENING IN THE GF CARD SOFTWARE. I use AMD and in the game's profile only added +30% sharpening. It does not eat fps and the result is brilliant, together with this Reshade. Enjoy

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations ... ?tab=files

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Tue, 5. Mar 24, 22:30

Realspace, the last version gives error message while unpacking. Corrupted files.
Big thanks for the update though :)

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 6. Mar 24, 00:49

Ok I repacked (did some changes meanwhile so it is version 7.2.0 now):

:arrow: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/1140

Really don't know why zzip starts giving errors, it always worked fine sofar. Or it was the uploading process.
Maybe I should not upload more files at the same time as I did.
Let me know or I can try to zip it with less compression ;-)

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Wed, 6. Mar 24, 01:52

7.2.0 also has an error :(
using both extractors

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 6. Mar 24, 12:00

that's strange, if I unzip it it gives no errors.
Maybe I was using a too old version of zzip, so installed latest and packed at high compression instead of ultra.
Hope it solves, file is in the nexus, let me know

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Wed, 6. Mar 24, 21:04

Seems to work now. Thank you :)

Aelmors
x3ap

Post by Aelmors » Wed, 6. Mar 24, 21:31

Hey Realspace,

I have some weird autopilot issues:
Long way - Black Hole Sun V - Windfall I
https://ibb.co/VtqFt6M

Should be way - Black Hole Sun V - Windfall I
https://ibb.co/LrXZjyR

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Thu, 7. Mar 24, 11:11

Ok..I think the autopilot sometimes does not see the hw in the right path. When facing this issue please try setting the guidance step by step at shorter destinations along that route and check at which point the ai decides to change course. There should be the highway that is not considered by the ai in that point.

In this case of yours on contrary it is a different scenario. The guidance it choses is shorter in terms of raw kms. Even if crossing more sectors, the distance is shorter. I replicated the path, indeed upto windfall iii the path is normal, while upto windfall i it changes course, but there is no hw between windfall iii and i so the reason is just the distance

-----------------------------------------------

XRSGE 7.2.1 PATCH

:arrow: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations ... ?tab=files

fixed various highways
added Orbital highways and stations around Argon Prime

copy/replace ext_02 inside your xrsge folder

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Thu, 7. Mar 24, 18:14

How can I use 7.2.1 patch with Vanilla highways?

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Thu, 7. Mar 24, 23:24

ziplock815 wrote:
Thu, 7. Mar 24, 18:14
How can I use 7.2.1 patch with Vanilla highways?
Apply the patch (copy/paste ext_02) then UNPACK both ext_01 and ext_02, then look for \xrsge\maps\XU_ep2_universe\zonehighways.xml and delete it.
DO NOT delete xrsge_zonehighways.xml which is needed for the new highways.
Then repack, or just play with mod unpacked. If so, delete ext_01 and ext_02 files

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 8. Mar 24, 17:50

REM version 6.0 is available.

:arrow: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/848

This update changes the use of top speeds for an even more balanced approach.
ASSISTED flight's SPEED is reduced to half (avg 500ms)
NOT ASSISTED SPEED is higher, (avg 1200-2000ms).
Accelerations are reduced but fighting ships have an even bigger acceleration than trade ships. Top speeds are similar among all classes (as in REM 5), but accelerations and response are different, the S being the quicker of course.

I've made another mod that can be used in addition or alone: REM Intertial

:arrow: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/1328

REM Inertial is an addon for my bigger REM overhaul mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/848
REM Inertial can be also used alone or on top of other mods such as VRO (only vanilla ships are affected)

This mod changes the top speed of INERTIAL MODE (flight assist off) to make it virtually infinite.
All other values such as assisted top speed, boost speed and travel speed are not changed.

Infinite speed is in theory because the ship's acceleration slows down at a certain point.

Still you can keep momentum if using travel mode and changing to normal mode, for instance, and you can even increase speed over max travel mode with FLIGHT ASSIST OFF. This can be useful for travel+seta too, you can reach max travel speed, cut off assisted flight and use SETA, the ship will keep momentum.

To use it with other ship mods, change the dependency ID with that of your mod.
<dependency id="rem" optional="false" name="Realspace Engines Mod"/>

Be aware that the AI manages lateral drift very badly, so use this module at your own risk, no support is provided.
The mod can be added/removed at any time, does not change your game ;-)

Just look at the "inertial speed" in the pic:
Spoiler
Show
Last edited by Realspace on Sat, 9. Mar 24, 11:07, edited 1 time in total.

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Fri, 8. Mar 24, 18:27

Just found the time to finally test v7. Oh it is beautiful. This is the best version I think yet. The sector size feels very good, the highways feel useful, and everything looks very pleasing visually. Thank you!

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 8. Mar 24, 18:45

It's been a long way to it ;-) Welcome back.
BTW I changed REM too because XRSGE 7 has connections that allow to cross the systems quickly, so having high travel speeds (that spoil immersion) is no more needed. And the REM Inertia module still allows to those who like to have high speed with flight assist off ONLY. So I think I finally found the best compromise for all kinds of playing.

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Fri, 8. Mar 24, 22:29

Realspace, my antivirus software detects a trojan in latest patch :gruebel:
Trojan: Script/Wacatac.B!ml

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”