[REALSPACE MODS] "STARS" - "XRSGE" - "REM" - various

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Realspace
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] "STARS" - "XRSGE" - "REM" - various

Post by Realspace » Mon, 12. Feb 24, 15:47

ziplock815 wrote:
Mon, 12. Feb 24, 15:15
Btw, in latest version there are lots of ships spawned in the beginning, by all races. Especially Windfall, lots of fighters. So I expect rather active Universe this time. Pirates tried to harass me like 8 times when what flying through President End in Hatikvah Callisto :D
Yes! That's my pirates :lol:

nikoli grimm
x4

Post by nikoli grimm » Mon, 19. Feb 24, 06:30

Heron's Nebula VII: Ringo Moon. It's a beautiful dark sector but I've just found out all the huge asteroids in the system have no collision. The AI doesn't even recognize that they are there, and ships will fly right through them on their way to their objective.

Is there a way to add a collision box to them and/or make the AI fly around them? I found out the hard way when a small Xenon fleet ambushed me by flying right through an asteroid to attack my flank while I was waiting to attack them thinking that they would fly around the asteroid.

I've also noticed the sectors suns light sources shine through the enormous asteroids. I have no idea if this is a game limitation or not but when I've modded other games I usually got around that issue by making the object double sided.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Mon, 19. Feb 24, 13:00

I've removed collision in order to avoid issues so I generally put the big roids at quite a distance. The nocollision tag can be easily removed in the cluster.xml but needs testing before release...you know, ship's sudden kabooom is not nice :)
Sun shining through is an old egosoft's "feature". It shines through planets too. If you know how to change it please explain here the method so I can try to redo.
Hope is not remapping the mesh. Working those meshes in blender is a nightmare.
I generally prefer to move the roids in order to not cover the sun but testing with the different ship's positions inside the huge sector can miss some intermediate position where roids cover the sun or the path. I usually test sector's core and gate's position. But need to play the game to see the details. Will take a look at ringo moon to see if i can move the roids up or down so the routes don't pass through

iooo666
x4

Post by iooo666 » Mon, 19. Feb 24, 17:43

Hey, I'm new here. I briefly tried XRSGE 7 yesterday and was absolutely excited. If I understand correctly, the original idea of XRSGE was to make a completely new universe with giant sectors, but in version 7 it's a combination of vanilla sectors (which are enlarged) and new sectors, both for compatibility and performance. However, my question is what else applies from the description of XRSGE Classic (xrsge_4.x) here https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/1140 ? Could someone describe which features from this description are still valid and which are not? If I fly hundreds or thousands of kilometers outside the "vanilla zone", will I find anything there or will it just be empty space?

nikoli grimm
x4

Post by nikoli grimm » Mon, 19. Feb 24, 20:10

Realspace wrote:
Mon, 19. Feb 24, 13:00
Hope is not remapping the mesh. Working those meshes in blender is a nightmare.
The pathing probably doesn't need adjustment, seeing as the asteroid and I was a fair distance above the '0' terminator, but then again so were the Xenon.

Unfortunately, making the object double-sided with a 3D program is what it entails. Usually, it just involves ticking a box once the mesh has been opened in Blender or Maya and then resave. With the way this game was constructed however, with the obsolete proprietary programs they used making it, and having to jump through hoops just to get to the stage where Blender or Maya will recognize it as a mesh, I understand 'nightmare'.

With a few games I've been able to bypass that by making or alter an existing .txt file to include a cull mode with the objects position, rotation, scale etc. but the game would first have to understand what a cull is. I'm not sure this one does. I really don't know this game well, but if it's possible it would be inserted in the same area as the metalness/glossiness multipliers and glow intensity settings.

...also would you happen to know which cluster.xml would need to be adjusted or which ones have the large asteroids in them? I really don't mind NPC ships going flat out and pancaking into an asteroid, it would seem fitting with the general IQ of the population of the X universe, seeing as they do so many stupid things already.
Last edited by nikoli grimm on Mon, 19. Feb 24, 20:27, edited 1 time in total.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Mon, 19. Feb 24, 20:20

Are you familiar with .DAE format? It is the only text-based format one can export/import, that I used to remake all clusters and all planets. I can post the part that has the big roids mesh, to see if anything can be 'thicked' but I doubt...we can try thou..

nikoli grimm
x4

Post by nikoli grimm » Mon, 19. Feb 24, 20:38

I've used Blenders .dae a few times. I'm more comfortable with Maya'a .cad and .ma formats though I know X4 won't recognize them without rebuilding them with Collada first.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Mon, 19. Feb 24, 20:50

Header, then starts the nodes but I cut out

Code: Select all

<asset>
    <contributor>
      <author>Blender User</author>
      <authoring_tool>Blender 3.1.0 commit date:2022-03-08, commit time:18:16, hash:c77597cd0e15</authoring_tool>
    </contributor>
    <created>2024-02-19T20:40:09</created>
    <modified>2024-02-19T20:40:09</modified>
    <unit name="meter" meter="1"/>
    <up_axis>Z_UP</up_axis>
  </asset>
  <library_effects>
    <effect id="p1Xbackgroundstars-effect">
      <profile_COMMON>
        <newparam sid="stars_diffhq_dds-surface">
          <surface type="2D">
            <init_from>stars_diffhq_dds</init_from>
          </surface>
        </newparam>
        <newparam sid="stars_diffhq_dds-sampler">
          <sampler2D>
            <source>stars_diffhq_dds-surface</source>
          </sampler2D>
        </newparam>
        <technique sid="common">
          <lambert>
            <emission>
              <color sid="emission">0 0 0 1</color>
            </emission>
            <diffuse>
              <texture texture="stars_diffhq_dds-sampler"/>
            </diffuse>
            <index_of_refraction>
              <float sid="ior">1.45</float>
            </index_of_refraction>
          </lambert>
        </technique>
      </profile_COMMON>
    </effect>
    <effect id="asteroidsXast_ore_01-effect">
      <profile_COMMON>
        <newparam sid="asteroid_01_diff_dds-surface">
          <surface type="2D">
            <init_from>asteroid_01_diff_dds</init_from>
          </surface>
        </newparam>
        <newparam sid="asteroid_01_diff_dds-sampler">
          <sampler2D>
            <source>asteroid_01_diff_dds-surface</source>
          </sampler2D>
        </newparam>
        <technique sid="common">
          <lambert>
            <emission>
              <color sid="emission">0 0 0 1</color>
            </emission>
            <diffuse>
              <texture texture="asteroid_01_diff_dds-sampler" texcoord="meshId2-tex0"/>
            </diffuse>
            <index_of_refraction>
              <float sid="ior">1.45</float>
            </index_of_refraction>
          </lambert>
        </technique>
      </profile_COMMON>
    </effect>
  </library_effects>
  <library_images>
    <image id="asteroid_01_diff_dds" name="asteroid_01_diff_dds">
      <init_from>asteroid_01_diff.dds</init_from>
    </image>
    <image id="stars_diffhq_dds" name="stars_diffhq_dds">
      <init_from>stars_diffhq.dds</init_from>
    </image>
  </library_images>
  <library_materials>
    <material id="p1Xbackgroundstars-material" name="p1Xbackgroundstars">
      <instance_effect url="#p1Xbackgroundstars-effect"/>
    </material>
    <material id="asteroidsXast_ore_01-material" name="asteroidsXast_ore_01">
      <instance_effect url="#asteroidsXast_ore_01-effect"/>
    </material>
  </library_materials>
  <library_geometries>
    <geometry id="meshId3_name-mesh" name="meshId3_name">
      <mesh>
        <source id="meshId3_name-mesh-positions">
          <float_array id="meshId3_name-mesh-positions-array" count="366324">450743.2 

......etc etc

Part on the attributes of the roid's mesh:

Code: Select all

</library_geometries>
  <library_visual_scenes>
    <visual_scene id="Scene" name="Scene">
      <node id="Cluster_12" name="Cluster_12" type="NODE">
        <matrix sid="transform">1 0 0 0 0 -1.62921e-7 -1 0 0 1 -1.62921e-7 0 0 0 0 1</matrix>
        <node id="Object020" name="Object020" type="NODE">
          <matrix sid="transform">0.8660254 -8.74228e-8 0.5000001 -5.65342e7 -7.10543e-15 1 1.74846e-7 -2.95369e6 -0.5000001 -1.51421e-7 0.8660254 2.42305e7 0 0 0 1</matrix>
          <node id="Object020Xlod0" name="Object020Xlod0" type="NODE">
            <matrix sid="transform">1 0 2.74946e-15 0 0 1 0 -0.02897072 2.74947e-15 0 1 0 0 0 0 1</matrix>
            <node id="Object020Xlod0XasteroidsXast_ore_01" name="Object020Xlod0XasteroidsXast_ore_01" type="NODE">
              <matrix sid="transform">1 0 2.74946e-15 0 0 1 0 -0.02897072 2.74947e-15 0 1 0 0 0 0 1</matrix>
              <instance_geometry url="#meshId2_name-mesh" name="Object020Xlod0XasteroidsXast_ore_01">
                <bind_material>
                  <technique_common>
                    <instance_material symbol="asteroidsXast_ore_01-material" target="#asteroidsXast_ore_01-material">
                      <bind_vertex_input semantic="meshId2-tex0" input_semantic="TEXCOORD" input_set="0"/>
                    </instance_material>
                  </technique_common>
                </bind_material>
              </instance_geometry>
            </node>
          </node>
          <node id="Object020Xcollision" name="Object020Xcollision" type="NODE">
            <instance_geometry url="#meshId3_name-mesh" name="Object020Xcollision">
              <bind_material>
                <technique_common>
                  <instance_material symbol="p1Xbackgroundstars-material" target="#p1Xbackgroundstars-material"/>
                </technique_common>
              </bind_material>
            </instance_geometry>
          </node>
        </node>
      </node>
    </visual_scene>
  </library_visual_scenes>
  <scene>
    <instance_visual_scene url="#Scene"/>
  </scene>
</COLLADA>
If you see something in these last..

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 20. Feb 24, 00:32

iooo666 wrote:
Mon, 19. Feb 24, 17:43
Hey, I'm new here. I briefly tried XRSGE 7 yesterday and was absolutely excited. If I understand correctly, the original idea of XRSGE was to make a completely new universe with giant sectors, but in version 7 it's a combination of vanilla sectors (which are enlarged) and new sectors, both for compatibility and performance. However, my question is what else applies from the description of XRSGE Classic (xrsge_4.x) here https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/1140 ? Could someone describe which features from this description are still valid and which are not? If I fly hundreds or thousands of kilometers outside the "vanilla zone", will I find anything there or will it just be empty space?
Yes to some extent. There are f.i. a lot of ringed giants, their rings are tens thousands kms and asteroids are as much spread, so are ore belts etc. But most of the "threasures" such as derelict ships are within some thousands. Sectors can be as wide as 8000km or more. So plenty of space to explore

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 20. Feb 24, 01:48

nikoli grimm wrote:
Mon, 19. Feb 24, 20:10
...also would you happen to know which cluster.xml would need to be adjusted or which ones have the large asteroids in them? I really don't mind NPC ships going flat out and pancaking into an asteroid, it would seem fitting with the general IQ of the population of the X universe, seeing as they do so many stupid things already.
After decompressing xrsge, make a folder search for any cluster containing the object20. In xrsge it has another name but object20 is in the name. So you can simply delete the nocollision tag in the entry. Be aware that this is not the only "big asteroids" mesh I used, there are many loose single roids and the broken moon, that also have no collision to avoid issues. But they are far from routes. Last tip, if messing with Collada, be aware that the collision part of the mesh, once the file has been re-imported as xmf, gets broken and causes ship's kaboom even far from the object. Better to always import/export meshes without collision, then using the vanilla collision xmf.

nikoli grimm
x4

Post by nikoli grimm » Tue, 20. Feb 24, 03:53

Ok, going the text route first before I attempt Blender... I'm still not getting collision, ships will pass and shoot through the asteroids to get where they're going or battle another ship.

I found nine .xml's that have object020 somewhere in the text. Seven in the xrsge\assets\environments\cluster\ Cluster's 12, RS12, RS22, RS35, RS229, RS10, and RS10 - Copy. One in the xrsge\extensions\ego_dlc_terran\assets\environments\cluster\cluster_111 and one in xrsge\extensions\ego_dlc_pirate\assets\environments\cluster\cluster_503t6.

I edited the line with the tag "part nocollision" that's just above the object020 in the same block and saved the .xml's.

Example of existing line in Cluster_12.xml - line 251: <connection name="Connection023" tags="part nocollision ">

So far, I've tried...
Attempt 1: <connection name="Connection023">
Attempt 2: <connection name="Connection023" tags="part ">
Attempt 3: <connection name="Connection023" tags="part collision ">

I'm still not having any luck. I'm I doing this incorrectly? With all attempts I have been in Heron's Nebula VII: Ringo Moon sector, so I'm not positive about other sectors, but that's where most of my ships and bases happen to be at the moment. Ideally, what I'm attempting is to have a base tucked up next to an asteroid so it's flank is protected, and it would be able to concentrate its defenses in a 180° arc toward the front of the station where traffic enters and exits. Should one of the attackers pancake into the asteroid when on a run, all the better. Should one of my ships pancake, I should have hired a better pilot.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Thu, 22. Feb 24, 17:00

The mesh entry is called brokenmoon_object020, it refers to both -lod and -collision meshes that you find in the folder that is recalled at the start of the xml file. I did not delete the -collision mesh so when you delete the tag nocollision the collision is automatically recalled and activated. Be sure that you have not the packed mod interfering, you have to unpack all and delete the various .CAT files. Also add "-prefersinglefiles" to the EXE of the game, through shortcut or as tag added to Steam properties.

-----------------------------------------------

XRGSE 7.1.7 is available.

:arrow: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/1140

There are many small changes (moved gates) for improving travel among sectors and more interesting internal layout. In particular, Grand Exchange Goldminers's dream sector 1,2 and 3 are redone.
As always, delete old folder before updating.
Vanilla Highways patch and No Prism mod patch are available in miscellaneous tabs.
Gate Argon Prime to The Reach has been changed into accelerator (but could not shown in old saves)

Aelmors
x3ap

Post by Aelmors » Thu, 22. Feb 24, 20:47

thank you for your constant updates and improvements.
could you post a buy me a coffee link or something like that on the nexus site or here, so that people can appreciate the work you put into this? at least for me ;) ?

Aelmors
x3ap

Post by Aelmors » Thu, 22. Feb 24, 21:06

Realspace wrote:
Thu, 22. Feb 24, 17:00

There are many small changes (moved gates) for improving travel among sectors and more interesting internal layout. In particular, Grand Exchange Goldminers's dream sector 1,2 and 3 are redone.
Vanilla Highways patch and No Prism mod patch are available in miscellaneous tabs.
Gate Argon Prime to The Reach has been changed into accelerator (but could not shown in old saves)
Getting CRC-Error for ext_01.dat :(
With Windows extract archive and with 7zip

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Fri, 23. Feb 24, 01:17

Aelmors wrote:
Thu, 22. Feb 24, 21:06
Realspace wrote:
Thu, 22. Feb 24, 17:00

Getting CRC-Error for ext_01.dat :(
With Windows extract archive and with 7zip

Same issue here
Btw, anyone else having problems with activating of the split plot? I've tried everything. Started a new game, deactivated all mods except of STARS and XRSGE, nothing helps :gruebel:

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 23. Feb 24, 09:44

I've repacked all, version 7.1.8 = 7.1.7
Please let me know that everything works well

Aelmors
x3ap

Post by Aelmors » Fri, 23. Feb 24, 10:08

Thanks for repacking. Now it works

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 23. Feb 24, 10:50

Aelmors wrote:
Fri, 23. Feb 24, 10:08
Thanks for repacking. Now it works
Good! I've followed your suggestion and added a buymeacoffe. Well..since I am so hooked to modding X games to almost be a job :D ..why not :roll:

@Ziplock did you try to start the plot without XRSGE at all? Just for try. Even if on xrsge 7 I've never had issues with plots, as it should be bc it does not replace the structure of the game as 6 did

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Fri, 23. Feb 24, 18:16

I' ve deactivated the mod, same issue. I'm absolutely confused now. Will try to reinstall the game. If this doesn't work, well...my brain will explode
How could ram interfere with plots? I don't really get it. Anyway, I've got 64 GB ram, so there should be no problems

P.S. okay, I' ve reinstalled and tried vanilla game, plot activated normally. Seems like some files have been corrupted or Smith. Will now try it with the mod activated.
Yep, it works fine. Finally...

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 23. Feb 24, 20:03

Finally :) yep unstable ram was last possible scenario. It happened to me once but not recurring in the same script. When that happens in the same is a corrupted file.
Be safe that xrsge 7 works with any plot ;)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”