new: business assistant v0.8

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

blackspell
x2

new: business assistant v0.8

Post by blackspell » Wed, 12. May 04, 22:39

new script: business assistant 0.8
does exactly the same like station accountant or stationcab: manages your station accounts.
in contrast to the others it is implemented as a ship command, that means you have to assign one of your ships (TP only) to it. It has limited range, too: only one sector.
The money isn't transferred to the player but kept at the homebase station account - easy way to concentrate your loops profit to one single factory.

i plan to extend it with more features in the future, like adjusting max buying price and maxjumps based on resource availability.

available via my homepage http://blackspell.gmxhome.de/ only, since www.xscripting.com seems to be down at the moment

JustHere4Coffee
x2

Post by JustHere4Coffee » Wed, 12. May 04, 23:47

I know I seem to be the only guy who uses TS ships for TS work, but wouldn't it make more sense to allow this script to run on actual trade ships, instead of the glorified (and soon to be obsoleted?) buses? :?

oh, and have you countered the issue of using a player-owned TL as a homebase - they don't have bank accounts, what will happen then?

holo_doctor
x3tc

Post by holo_doctor » Thu, 13. May 04, 01:10

If a Home base is a TL or carrie goes direct to your bank!
i7-930 2.8Ghz quad core
6gig DDR3-1600 3 channel Ram
Nvida GTX470
64gig SSD / 1TB Hitachi

blackspell
x2

Post by blackspell » Thu, 13. May 04, 06:13

oops, i think you found the first bug in it, or unintented behaviour, at least.
i'll will fix that.

TPs are not obsolete, they just have no direct task/job in the game. (besides abusing for transporting/trading)
That's why i choose them, to gave them one use, at least

carran
x4

Post by carran » Thu, 13. May 04, 09:30

blackspell wrote:oops, i think you found the first bug in it, or unintented behaviour, at least.
i'll will fix that.

TPs are not obsolete, they just have no direct task/job in the game. (besides abusing for transporting/trading)
That's why i choose them, to gave them one use, at least
You may have to rethink your reasoning for using TP's as their purpose is bound to change - probably in 1.4

Nice idea though!

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”