Player Owned Ship Production (aka Afto's Player Shipyards) is a mod that allows players to build their own Shipyards, Wharves and Equipment Docks using the same tools already available in the game, namely the station and ship configurator UIs.
In order to be able to build the required station modules, players must first research the Build Module tech at their HQ and then scan the AI's build modules (XL/L/M/S Fabrication/Maintenance Bays) to get the required blueprints.
After acquiring the necessary blueprints, players will be able to build those modules at any of their stations EXCEPT for the HQ (this is already enforced in vanilla since it breaks the HQ's map icon otherwise).
Once the build modules have been built, a shiptrader NPC will automatically be added to the station (might take a few minutes) that will enable the ship building/upgrading/repairing functionality as well as changing the station's icon to the appropriate one.
The ship configurator UI has been modified to fix the issue that Egosoft encountered when dealing with player owned shipyards (GetContainerBuilderMacros returning garbage because the player faction has no licenses) and players can now build any ship they have a blueprint for.
At the start of the game, the player won't have any ship blueprint learned and, therefore, the player won't be able to build any ship in their own facilities.
Players can acquire new ship blueprints in the usual way, by talking to the Faction Representative and purchasing the corresponding blueprint from the list of the available ones.
Some blueprints require the player to have certain license but these requires are shared with those of the regular ship building mechanic so, as a rule of thumb, if the player can build certain ship from the corresponding faction's facilities, the blueprint of that ship should also be available for purchase.
Latest version download:
https://bitbucket.org/aftokinito/x4-pla ... pyards.zip
- Initial public release
- Fixed typo in cat/dat name (was 01, correct name is ext_01)
- Fixed mod for game version 1.50
- Fixed issue that prevented mixed building facilities (XL/L+M/S/XS) from properly working. Players should now be able to mix and match as desired and the ship configurator should only show the ships the station is capable of building.
- Added ship blueprint support
- Changed the way I get rid of noplayerblueprint via XPath to be SLIGHTLY less autistic. Should fix crashes occurring due to unexpected ship wares added by third party mods. Thanks UniTrader!
- Made the station_equip_lxl and station_equip_sm licenses available. If you've got the cash (as in, you're literally sweating money) you can now buy the appropriate licenses from your favourite faction representative and outright purchase the blueprints for the buildmodules like any other station module.
- Added support for Mobile Ship Production
- Fixed spacesuit blueprints being available for purchase
- Fixed bug that caused inventory items to be captured by wares xml patch.
- Fixed some known CTDs.