Temporary local security id and station production

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ragemaster9999
x4

Temporary local security id and station production

Post by Ragemaster9999 » Wed, 16. Sep 15, 23:17

two questions, one, where do I get the temporary security ID's so I can hack the station production terminal and cripple it?

two, is the economy simulated or does blowing up traders or crippling station production actully have an impact?

I am trying to hack a station production on an NPC owned medical supply station to increase demand so I can make more profits off one I just built myself..

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Wed, 16. Sep 15, 23:33

Temporary Security IDs are craftable items consisting of multiple parts.
Those parts can be found only when docked on stations!

There is only one of each part on every station randomly hidden in the station, scattered on all available docking ports of a station.
They are very well hidden, if you want to find them you have to search very carefully every corner and ceiling!

Temporary Security ID's or their uncrafted single parts are destroyed when flying too far away from the station you found them on!
In other words: They are only usable on the station you found them on, hence the keyword "temporary".

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

XenonSurf
x2

Post by XenonSurf » Thu, 17. Sep 15, 01:20

For One, Tamina explained it very well, I'll just add that some stations will have more than 3 docking ports, and it's possible that some ports will not yield any single part to be crafted. Also AFAIK no port will have more than 1 single part.

Two: Destroying trade ships will just spawn new ones, so it has zero influence, except: these ships may carry some rare items that you could take and so you may avoid waiting for a long time to make these appear in the trade list for you to get them.
Attacking stations or crippling production (after your step one above) WILL have an influence on the economy, because the stocked wares are sub-divised in 'modules' that need all sort of wares to be produced. By destroying or hacking the storage modules or other station parts, wares may be lacking, thus impeding the station to produce and sell their wares.
Generally, it's enough to scan the station with your Skunk to know about modules and the most important station parts, but you may have to use the Beholder Drone in order to scan 100% of some parts you miss. Also be sure to use the 'Details' tab in the menu to show in the module's sub-parts for on-going production.

However, notice that NPC ships have better means to buy or sell wares than you, Otani the player :) Some wares not appearing in the trade list altough you have all Trade Agents in place is due to the station modules lacking wares, BUT: NPC ships still have the means to buy them. This is true for your Manager and Architect as well.
This is a trade flaw in XR, I think, but it may have been fixed in v.3.60.

Hope this helps you without being too of a spoiler,
XenonS

tresstarling
x3ap

Post by tresstarling » Thu, 17. Sep 15, 05:41

fun fact ? it took me 6 hours to hack every station in far out hehe :lol:.

edit: looks like i can't seems to find any craftable part in HOA shipyard and a few ecell station. i am mostly doing it to hack WF station lol

XenonSurf
x2

Post by XenonSurf » Thu, 17. Sep 15, 09:38

HOA stations are the easiest to hack, there are no police patrols, except for the small ship routes leading to the highways. This means: 7-8 police ships not patrolling or defending.
It's a good place to learn the station hacking, also there is a very good tutorial somewhere here in the posts (alas not in the stickies).
I never did the production hacking, I see absolutely no point in it, what advantage should that be?

XenonS

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Thu, 17. Sep 15, 09:50

There is also a special compartment you may want to check
Spoiler
Show
If you land at a station and have the freight unloader by the Skunk,
then climb up it and check in the Skunk storage area for the temp id.
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Gligli
x3ap

Post by Gligli » Fri, 18. Sep 15, 09:18

XenonSurf wrote:However, notice that NPC ships have better means to buy or sell wares than you, Otani the player :) Some wares not appearing in the trade list altough you have all Trade Agents in place is due to the station modules lacking wares, BUT: NPC ships still have the means to buy them. This is true for your Manager and Architect as well.This is a trade flaw in XR, I think, but it may have been fixed in v.3.60.
I'm not sure to have getting you.
It haven't been said that NPC couldn't 'reserve' a bit of resources... As we can do...
In fact I already saw that with RMP (not impressive :) )
XenonSurf wrote:I never did the production hacking, I see absolutely no point in it, what advantage should that be?
Neither do I...
But its useful, as concurrence spoils your profitss, you slow it ;)
On se rend vers la connaissance avec circonspection.
c.a.d, avec un immense respect et la peur au ventre.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Fri, 18. Sep 15, 09:29

tresstarling wrote:edit: looks like i can't seems to find any craftable part in HOA shipyard and a few ecell station. i am mostly doing it to hack WF station lol
distribution of them is rando - there is iirc a 40% chance the parts for this id will be generated when you first dock at a Station, but their Distribution is random (means when you find one part you can find all of them - somewhere)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 18. Sep 15, 12:26

Agreed, I have found none, one, two or all three temporary parts at the same dock.

Related query: Is there any difference between 'hacking' and 'sabotaging' terminals as differently described in the tooltips? Also what is the difference between the use of the Temporary ID crafted from the in-station bits and the Security Decryption System crafted from bits dropped by wrecked ships?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Fri, 18. Sep 15, 13:04

For the security Id and decryption key its different types of terminals which can be hacked
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

XenonSurf
x2

Post by XenonSurf » Fri, 18. Sep 15, 17:40

Thanks for these details. So, it's possible that a docking port will yield more parts, it never happened to me, but now we know it's worth looking *everywhere* in a station :)

As for Production Hacking (the terminal in the Astrolab on the opposite side of the trade terminal), if you own more stations in the region then sabotaging the production will give you an advantage in selling your own products I guess, NPC ships will then try to buy elsewhere...Interesting economic war...

XenonS

Gligli
x3ap

Post by Gligli » Sat, 19. Sep 15, 02:40

Alan Phipps wrote:Related query: Is there any difference between 'hacking' and 'sabotaging' terminals as differently described in the tooltips?
I hope I'm not wrong :)
Hacking is made with spy drones
Sabotaging is when you're personally in front of a panel
Alan Phipps wrote: Also what is the difference between the use of the Temporary ID crafted from the in-station bits and the Security Decryption System crafted from bits dropped by wrecked ships?
Temporary ID is for the only closed door at normal time.
And I can't remember about Decryption system. Wasn't that for advanced panel such as reparation of the station ? :gruebel:
I may have exchange the two lasts...
On se rend vers la connaissance avec circonspection.
c.a.d, avec un immense respect et la peur au ventre.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”