Setting enemy as not enemy

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

strude
x4

Setting enemy as not enemy

Post by strude » Mon, 8. Jun 15, 08:36

In other X games, I was able to specify that race whatever was to be identified as friendly, even if my relation with them was negative. Is something like that available in XR?

I've just finished the plot and want to use my capital ship set to attack enemies to help improve my PMC rating up from -12, but I assume that will also have it attacking PMC ships as -12 is enemy still?

Speaking of which, does my other ships kill improve my reputation anyway? I guess I should make that assumption as things have changed from the other titles, and I shouldn't take anything for granted.
Gaming PC: Gigabyte H270M-D3H | i7 7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb OC | Asus Xonar DGX | Window 10 Home 64bit | Samsung 256Gb SSD

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Setting enemy as not enemy

Post by CBJ » Mon, 8. Jun 15, 11:44

strude wrote:Is something like that available in XR?
No. In XR all relationships are "symmetrical", partly because of the huge amount of confusion it caused for players in previous games having the possibility for them to be "asymmetrical".

pref
x4

Post by pref » Mon, 8. Jun 15, 13:25

This was a nice feature, and necessary when increasing rep with enemy races imo.

For me the confusion rather came from
- UI not reacting to player settings well: the flag show enemy if enemy to me should have made the individual settings controls readonly or disabled to tell the player that those are not in effect any more (perhaps with a warning message on that form that tells why those controls are disabled).
- My ships deciding on their own - they get attacked by pirates for ex, and AI changed FF settings to foe for pirates on its own. They should have alerted the player, not make a decision.

So it was mainly UI and AI behaviour, not the feature itself at least in my case.
I never got confused because of being able to set my own FF - and the lack of this feature is really annoying in XR.
You guys should focus on UI & AI more imo, instead of cutting out useful features.

Luanda

Post by Luanda » Mon, 8. Jun 15, 13:33

pref wrote:This was a nice feature, and necessary when increasing rep with enemy races imo.

For me the confusion rather came from
- UI not reacting to player settings well: the flag show enemy if enemy to me should have made the individual settings controls readonly or disabled to tell the player that those are not in effect any more (perhaps with a warning message on that form that tells why those controls are disabled).
- My ships deciding on their own - they get attacked by pirates for ex, and AI changed FF settings to foe for pirates on its own. They should have alerted the player, not make a decision.

So it was mainly UI and AI behaviour, not the feature itself at least in my case.
I never got confused because of being able to set my own FF - and the lack of this feature is really annoying in XR.
You guys should focus on UI & AI more imo, instead of cutting out useful features.
100% with this.

strude
x4

Re: Setting enemy as not enemy

Post by strude » Tue, 9. Jun 15, 02:51

CBJ wrote:
strude wrote:Is something like that available in XR?
No. In XR all relationships are "symmetrical", partly because of the huge amount of confusion it caused for players in previous games having the possibility for them to be "asymmetrical".
Oh well. What about rep increases from my owned property kills? Do they still apply? If they do at I'll still be able to take my capital with me and set it to attack other enemies, hopefully without causing too much collateral damage in the process.
Gaming PC: Gigabyte H270M-D3H | i7 7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb OC | Asus Xonar DGX | Window 10 Home 64bit | Samsung 256Gb SSD

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”