X55 Rhino Hotas In X3r/tc/ap Solution!

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Teragon
x3tc

X55 Rhino Hotas In X3r/tc/ap Solution!

Post by Teragon » Mon, 17. Nov 14, 11:49

Hi guys,

Some of you might be aware of a number of issues regarding the Saitek X55 Rhino HOTAS system in X3R/TC/AP.

I thought id just pass on my successes in getting it working since its such an awesome piece of kit, and the config that gets this working would likely benefit those who use other twin device configurations.

The key to getting this working is to combine both sticks using a joystick combiner such as "PPjoy"

http://sethioz.com/download.php?view.229

There's others but this is the one that worked for me.

in the remixer the config layout i used was as follows

X Axis:Stick:X Axis
Y Axis:Stick:Y Axis
Z Axis:Throttle:X Axis
Z Rot:Stick:Z Rot
Slider:Throttle:Slider
X Rot:Throttle:Z Rot
Y Rot:Throttle:Z Rot
Dial:Throttle:Slider 2

buttons can be mapped to personal preference however the first 6 buttons are best mapped to the stick 1-1 then remapped in game as you please

the remaining 10 (button 7-16) can be anything else on the throttle. Toggles start from Throttle:6-7

Hope this makes enough sense to be helpful to any X55ers out there
This is Space, there's plenty here for everyone, its just the stuff that fills it thats scarce

pepperg
x3tc

Post by pepperg » Sat, 12. Sep 15, 23:30

Hey there,

Old post resurrection, I know but I just downloaded and attempted to install this on a Windows 10 machine so that I can use my X-55 in X Rebirth.

This PPjoy product doesn't seem to work in Windows 10. I encountered errors trying to install and it wouldn't run.
SeagateBarracuda320GB 7200 SATA
LIANLI PC-7B plus II MidTower
EVGA GeForce8800GTX 768MB
Intel Core2Duo E6600Conroe 2.4GHz
CORSAIR 2GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
WDRaptor 150GB 10,000 RPM
EVGAnforce SLI 680imobo

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 13. Sep 15, 11:00

@ pepperg: Just as a check, the same could happen in Vista/Win7/8 on first install too and you had to agree to a Windows dialogue that said something like: 'This application did not install correctly, would you like Windows to reinstall it appropriately?'. That tended to happen when using bespoke applications loaders designed for/with XP.

That may not be happening with Win10 though.

You really need to contact the author/provider of PPJoy (if still around) to ask if it will be updated for Win10. Also there was another similar application called XPadder I believe that might be worth checking out.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

pepperg
x3tc

Post by pepperg » Sun, 20. Sep 15, 06:42

OK, thanks
SeagateBarracuda320GB 7200 SATA
LIANLI PC-7B plus II MidTower
EVGA GeForce8800GTX 768MB
Intel Core2Duo E6600Conroe 2.4GHz
CORSAIR 2GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
WDRaptor 150GB 10,000 RPM
EVGAnforce SLI 680imobo

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”