[MOD] Just Sell It All v0.01 [2.50 release]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

iforgotmysocks
Posts: 1124
Joined: Fri, 8. Nov 13, 23:35
x4

[MOD] Just Sell It All v0.01 [2.50 release]

Post by iforgotmysocks » Wed, 8. Oct 14, 12:04

You need to install SideBarExtender by Philipp Offensand for the menu options to work.
Either download it from this mod's files on the nexus, or better visit his page and leave a thanks. :)


Just Sell It All


Link: http://www.nexusmods.com/xrebirth/mods/419/?

Pretty much what the title says, sell all inventory items at once with the new menu option available under "trading" -> Just Sell It All
Prices will always be picked between minimum and average price. Laziness won't be rewarded. ;p
A neutral/friendly station must be in range. (< ~50km station must be known!)

Selling special items of other mods, like ammunition of Lost Weapons or Savlage Drones of Explore and Salvage,
can be avoided by adding them to the avoidance list in the config file.
Mentioned items are already added.
Last edited by iforgotmysocks on Tue, 14. Oct 14, 19:54, edited 6 times in total.

User avatar
YorrickVander
Posts: 2672
Joined: Tue, 29. Oct 13, 22:59
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Wed, 8. Oct 14, 12:18

Just what was needed with Shady Slater in a rehab tank :)
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

iforgotmysocks
Posts: 1124
Joined: Fri, 8. Nov 13, 23:35
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Wed, 8. Oct 14, 12:25

YorrickVander wrote:Just what was needed with Shady Slater in a rehab tank :)
I was just sick of moving badly key-supported menu bars around. ^^
No idea why i didn't come up with this one at day 1. xD

iforgotmysocks
Posts: 1124
Joined: Fri, 8. Nov 13, 23:35
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Wed, 8. Oct 14, 13:02

Awww, it seems the Sidebar Extender Version on Nexus was outdated, if you downloaded an old one, just get the new version, if it doesn't show up in the menu. ^^

Sorry guys.

Phipsz
Posts: 245
Joined: Mon, 23. Apr 12, 23:56
x4

Post by Phipsz » Wed, 8. Oct 14, 13:06

iforgotmysocks wrote:Awww, it seems the Sidebar Extender Version on Nexus was outdated, if you downloaded an old one, just get the new version, if it doesn't show up in the menu. ^^

Sorry guys.
Yeah, was outdated :D To be honest, I didn't expect someone to use the Nexus version, as it is up to date on SteamWorkshop, but then I read your post and jumped to the rescue and updated the nexus version as well :)

iforgotmysocks
Posts: 1124
Joined: Fri, 8. Nov 13, 23:35
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Wed, 8. Oct 14, 13:10

Phipsz wrote:
iforgotmysocks wrote:Awww, it seems the Sidebar Extender Version on Nexus was outdated, if you downloaded an old one, just get the new version, if it doesn't show up in the menu. ^^

Sorry guys.
Yeah, was outdated :D To be honest, I didn't expect someone to use the Nexus version, as it is up to date on SteamWorkshop, but then I read your post and jumped to the rescue and updated the nexus version as well :)
Ya, i noticed, thanks alot. ^^

Haha, i do. :p If you prefer not to update or delete it on the nexus, i can link the steamversion too, just say the word.

Phipsz
Posts: 245
Joined: Mon, 23. Apr 12, 23:56
x4

Post by Phipsz » Wed, 8. Oct 14, 13:22

Well, I suppose it doesn't change (a lot ) anymore, as it is feature-complete so to say and should not break in forseeable future. You could link to the workshop for those who prefer it over nexus, but as it kind of is already linked :roll: I'll try and keep both versions up to date, should SidebarExtender need an update :)

iforgotmysocks
Posts: 1124
Joined: Fri, 8. Nov 13, 23:35
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Wed, 8. Oct 14, 13:30

Phipsz wrote:Well, I suppose it doesn't change (a lot ) anymore, as it is feature-complete so to say and should not break in forseeable future. You could link to the workshop for those who prefer it over nexus, but as it kind of is already linked :roll: I'll try and keep both versions up to date, should SidebarExtender need an update :)
Speaking of updates, i left you some suggestions at the nexus. :p

swatti
Posts: 1255
Joined: Sun, 7. Dec 03, 13:03
x4

Post by swatti » Thu, 9. Oct 14, 13:57

Interesting...

Any chance we could get a mod to fill up missiles to sertain level with a single clicksy, AND drones?

Hate going thru 20+ arms dealers trying to find torpedos when half of em dont have any and the ones who do have like 1-4

iforgotmysocks
Posts: 1124
Joined: Fri, 8. Nov 13, 23:35
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Thu, 9. Oct 14, 20:24

swatti wrote:Interesting...

Any chance we could get a mod to fill up missiles to sertain level with a single clicksy, AND drones?

Hate going thru 20+ arms dealers trying to find torpedos when half of em dont have any and the ones who do have like 1-4
Sure it would be possible, but it would destroy alot immersion...
Missiles rly do fullfill a really important part in this game, while inventory items simply don't.

U should probably just mod ur Setup.xml a little, so arms dealers have slightly increased missiles stocked.

Problems that such a mod comes with:
1. destoys some game immersion
2. what would the limit be? Some ppl want 20 each, some want x for that type and y for that....
3. which would be solvable with a config file, but it seems ppl don't rly like config files. ^^
4. a better solution would be a enlarged missile storage on the ship so you can stock up if you have the chance.

If there are some ppl out there who rly rly want this, i'll do it, but are you rly sure that you want to destroy that part of the game?

I personaly enjoy running out of some kind of missiles from time to time and to look for them occationally. :p

PS: You prolly should take a look at Improved Missiles, i addressed most of these points there.
Better missiledrops, also for killed capitalships, more missiles available to buy, since there simply are more types,
a huge missile storage for the skunk... but i know its not everybodys taste. Just a suggestion. ^^

swatti
Posts: 1255
Joined: Sun, 7. Dec 03, 13:03
x4

Post by swatti » Fri, 10. Oct 14, 14:07

I understand the "immersion" being broken but at some point you start to value speed over immersion.

Alltho, i would be happy with a "mini-mod" increasing the armsdealers stocks by ALOT so i can buy up to 50 novas off single dealer.

QUESTION: since player can buy a cargo drone, how hard would it be to make that collect all stuff nearby? Or to have multible ones speeding things up...

iforgotmysocks
Posts: 1124
Joined: Fri, 8. Nov 13, 23:35
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Fri, 10. Oct 14, 14:19

swatti wrote:I understand the "immersion" being broken but at some point you start to value speed over immersion.

Alltho, i would be happy with a "mini-mod" increasing the armsdealers stocks by ALOT so i can buy up to 50 novas off single dealer.

QUESTION: since player can buy a cargo drone, how hard would it be to make that collect all stuff nearby? Or to have multible ones speeding things up...
Ya, i guess i can do that. ^^
I'm gonna write those quickly, when i get home from work.

I already wrote a mini mod for me, that collects wares near to the playership automaticly, i know the feeling. :p

Wouldn't be a problem to create some player owned collector drones, like the salvage drones i created for Explore and Salvage.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
Posts: 7519
Joined: Tue, 30. Mar 04, 12:28
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Fri, 10. Oct 14, 14:41

I'd be quite happy with the compromise of having the ship restock from available missiles across the traders rather than increase their availability. Perhaps I don't use missiles as much as others though.

swatti
Posts: 1255
Joined: Sun, 7. Dec 03, 13:03
x4

Post by swatti » Fri, 10. Oct 14, 15:35

Going thru bazillion menus is the pain. Boarding is sooooo much easier with novas and if you get unwanted fans bu the tons, missiles and thin the crowd nicely.

iforgotmysocks
Posts: 1124
Joined: Fri, 8. Nov 13, 23:35
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Fri, 10. Oct 14, 15:47

I think i have a way better idea.

Just gotta look into some things first, but it would probably be the solution for the entire problem.

Wanted to do that a while ago already, but i simply forgot about it.
But it won't be done quickly, i'll try to work out something over the weekend.

Post Reply

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”