[AP}M1 Carrier Which to choose now.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Maxumous
x4

[AP}M1 Carrier Which to choose now.

Post by Maxumous » Wed, 11. Jan 12, 14:30

Apart from ATF odin was the best carrier ship in the universe. Don`t you think now the war is on we should of seen a new M1 Carrier added to the new ships in AP ?

Apart from shield like dropped half on other carriers I be using the M1 Split Raptor in the Argon War. my little empire is building up nicely at the moment. I'm leaving my ships to last due to PHQ to be released and bug issues to be sorted out. Weapons, Shields and Missiles Complex`s are huge. What is your Carrier unless you Terran started ;) as they seem to have the biggest arsenal of weaponry and ships. Im Choosen this because it the biggest Dock-able ship we have. From M7M Covering flak to protect carrier ship. The war is going to get Ugly.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Wed, 11. Jan 12, 14:56

All carriers work. They just might require different stratagies. I have a colossus. I chose it because it had good shields+hull+speed for a carrier and can hold 60 ships. I hardly ever get attacked though. Raptor has more speed and can hold 5 more ships and seems to ram stuff less. Raptor can use gauss guns also but with the increase in hull hit points m1/m2 capital ships battles might get you blown up. Raptor has 4gigs shields+3.2gigs hull colossus has 6 gigs shields+4 gigs hull so 2.8gigs more hit points than the raptor. But the raptors increased speed can help you avoid/get out of fights by out running other capital ships. Enemy ships also seem to jump out at certain hull hit points so using high dps bombers or an m7m as support to help finish off capital ships might help. Outside of war sectors carriers seem to have no problems destroying stuff especially with the rapid response fleets jumping in to help.

Chluke
x3

Post by Chluke » Wed, 11. Jan 12, 15:36

I have the Argon Carrier, just because most of my factories are in Argon space. Never really used it before until yesterday when I jumped it into the last mission of Final Fury with 4 Boreas and wing of Centaurs.

No Idea what fighter to put on it was stocked with 12 novas but they were eventually whittled down to around 5 by kaack fighters.
AMD65 3700+
Asus A8N Sli Deluxe
BFG 7800
1.5GB 3200
Soundblaster X-Fi Fatality

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Wed, 11. Jan 12, 15:45

[quote="Chluke"]I have the Argon Carrier, just because most of my factories are in Argon space. Never really used it before until yesterday when I jumped it into the last mission of Final Fury with 4 Boreas and wing of Centaurs.

No Idea what fighter to put on it was stocked with 12 novas but they were eventually whittled down to around 5 by kaack fighters.[/quote]

The main advantage of having lots of fighters is the increased dps gives you fewer fighter loses. Using drones helps a lot also. For the last final fury mission with about 50+ ships I think I lost 4. 2 because they wouldn't redock at the carrier and got blown up trying to dock. If I had left them to fight they might have survived. After below 40 fighters out in the field it seems like you get more losses. Also try to keep the fighters in a group. 2 or 3 fighters straying off from a group and fighting a capital ship or group of fighters doesn't work well. AP is different than x3tc in many ways.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=241385

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Wed, 11. Jan 12, 17:03

ATF Woden > Odin.

Of the CW(ish) M1s I'm actually looking at the Hoshi this time.
Panther of course is very TC, and I just can't stand the look of the Colossus personally.
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

Catra

Post by Catra » Wed, 11. Jan 12, 17:34

the Xenon J has always been the epitome of carriers:

8x PPC L/R/Re(ar)
4 - 6 FAA F/T/B (could hold 8, but you really dont need that many anyway)

and 50 fighters to clear the way to the enemy capitals(and assist in their destruction) so you dont waste energy using FAA.
ATF Woden > Odin.
while true, it only recently became available to the non-modded community.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

Sovereign108
x3tc

Post by Sovereign108 » Wed, 11. Jan 12, 18:10

I personally like the Boron Shark and that Megalodon. It looks great! Plus the Boron philosophy appeals to me :P

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Wed, 11. Jan 12, 20:36

Isn't the Hoshi a reskinned Colossus? Or am I thinking of the Shuri?
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Catra

Post by Catra » Wed, 11. Jan 12, 20:37

the shuri is the reskin.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

RefocusedLight
x4

Post by RefocusedLight » Wed, 11. Jan 12, 20:51

Woden ftw. I have real trouble equipping it though. there are very few places with starbursts and this thing needs them a lot
Can't create imaginary friends, only enemies
/Dresden Codak/

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Wed, 11. Jan 12, 21:10

Ripskar wrote:ATF Woden > Odin.
I heard some bad things about Odin that it tends to kill its own fighters because of poor model design. Not sure if it is still the case in AP. I captured one of them but now hesitant adding fighters. Can somebody confirm whether that issue is still there or may be it is fixed? I used Woden a bit in TC and I don't remember running into a similar issue there.
Tokyo might actually beat them all for insector combat. I think it still has the biggest laser generator, 10 GJ of shields is OK and it also has an asymmetric model that doesn't get hit half of the time (unless you shot point-blank with auto-aim off).

kardgar
x3tc

Post by kardgar » Wed, 11. Jan 12, 21:20

The Panther may not be an M1 but its fast and mean with its 32 fighter compliment and 6 IBL's on the nose and flak everywhere else. That's my carrier of choice.
Last edited by kardgar on Wed, 11. Jan 12, 21:21, edited 1 time in total.

Catra

Post by Catra » Wed, 11. Jan 12, 21:21

it kills them more because of poor AI coding rather than poor model design.

telling them to dock in small groups they land just fine.

Alith-Ahnar
Xtreme
Xtreme
x4

Post by Alith-Ahnar » Wed, 11. Jan 12, 22:54

The right Carrier is always dependend on the situation you like to use it for.

Three Carriers (real M1) for personal use in X³:AP i would prefer are:
The Tokyo because of it awesome targeting system missleading geometry.
The Raptor because of Speed and hangar size as for the relative good PD capability.
The Condor hughe cargo bay just big enough hangar and gauss cannons strong shields make it the most powerful CW Carrier.

Downside to those are:
Tokyo is hard to equip (in my game) when you only use Ai factorys to supply.
Raptor low max shields if it gets tough.
Condor low speed and awfull turnrate (pandora boxes are your friend)

After all these are my personal favorites depending on mentioned points.
X2: You better go play with asteroids!/You losssssee profitsssss!
X4: Chelt are better pilot then you!/Machine behave badly Split switch off.

you_rebel_scum
x3tc

Post by you_rebel_scum » Thu, 12. Jan 12, 12:13

The Odin has more fighter bays which means more firepower, but the woden does really beat it on pure 1 on 1.
Die-Hard...Suicidal Squid DiD
I was born free, but now I'm expensive!

Catra

Post by Catra » Thu, 12. Jan 12, 19:58

you_rebel_scum wrote:
The Odin has more fighter bays which means more firepower, but the woden does really beat it on pure 1 on 1.
eh, nope. 14 fighters dont even come close to the additional damage 4 more SSCs, and 4 more PSPs add.

Spectre01
xr

Post by Spectre01 » Thu, 12. Jan 12, 20:44

As much as I hate how Woden looks, I hate to say that Woden is the best M1. Highest shield, fast speed, almost M2 like armament, highest laser generator, huge cargo hold. The only downside is lack of fighter bays.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”