[WIP] <RetVar/IF><RefObj> get local variable: name = <Var/String>

This forum serves as MSCI Reference at EGOSOFT. It's Read-Only for non MSCI Group members.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, MSCI Moderators

mark_a_condren
x3tc

[WIP] <RetVar/IF><RefObj> get local variable: name = <Var/String>

Post by mark_a_condren » Thu, 9. Sep 10, 10:07

[skip|else] if [not]|while [not]| <RetVar/IF> <RefObj> = get local variable name = <Var/String>

[skip|else] if [not]|while [not]| = The possible 'Conditional' statements that can be used with this command.
<RetVar/IF> = Command return, with an 'if' statement used it will be TRUE (1) if condition passes or FALSE (0) if it fails, otherwise if you use a Variable it will be the information returned that was being stored.
<RefObj> = The ship or station that has had the information stored against it.
<Var/String> = The string that was previously set as the name for the information, this can be read in from a text file or entered directly as a string.

Returns the value of a previously set local variable (see: set local variable ).
If the local variable was not previously set, then this instruction returns null.

Examples:

$info.being.stored = $station -> get local variable name = 'my_local_variable_name'

This command retrieves the stored information and stores it in $info.being.stored.

-------------------------------------------

if $station -> get local variable name = 'my_local_variable_name'
| write to logbook = 'This station has information stored'
else if not $station -> get local variable name = 'my_local_variable_name'
| write to logbook = 'This station does not have information stored'
end

Using the 'Conditional' statement 'if' does not actually retrieve the information being stored, it just checks to see if it the local variable <Var/String> exists against the <RefObj> being checked.

Further Resources:
Global Variables by Cycrow and includes info on Local Variables.

Command Location:

Return to “MSCI Reference”