[Script][04-03-10] MarCon Ship Onboard Computer System Interface : [ V2 ]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Fri, 26. Nov 10, 07:23

Howdy siath70

It doesn't send ships to get stuff atm no. It does create a list of all the ships that need stuff. Definable by quite a few options (as you will find when you start using it and find your way around in the script)

It could be added in i suppose with a bit of work, unfortunatly getting the time atm is the problem. It's also been quite a while since i looked at the code in the script, my first baby (script) has been lacking in attension lately.

The whole script could do whith an overhaul as i have learnt a lot since writting it.

I have however been thinking along the same lines that a universe wide equip script would be a handy thing to have. Just have to see what happens.

After you have used the script for a bit get back to me and let me know what you think, good or bad.

MarCon

PS. let me think about the server offer for a bit, i'll get back to you. It's just keeping up with the update maintanance that i have to remember i suppose. A download mirror would be a good idea as well.

siath70
x4

Post by siath70 » Fri, 26. Nov 10, 09:17

I found a bug in it.

Don't be docked at where you're trying to strip eq from or it will lock X3 up.

I was at my PHQ docked and decided to try the strip function and as I was going through the ships the game locked up. I was cycling thrugh them not striping them looking for those I wanted to strip. So I don't know if it does it on striping though I don't know why you would want to strip your own ship.

I was like uh ok and did the who close the non responding program thing and loaded up X3 again, same thing.

short story even shorter I finally undocked and everything was fine, I docked again and it locked on me again.

I'll look at it some more tomorrow and see what else I can break. :P

Now about the server space, just to be clear, it's a place to store your work for back ups and a place to link for people to download. I can't give you webspace, I just though you could use a stable place for people to download from.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Fri, 26. Nov 10, 10:53

siath70

Found the problem. I was wondering what was going on cos i know that there is code to stop the player ship from being listed so you CAN'T strip the players ship :)

It was the damned 'continue' in the code hanging up! So i've altered 2 lines of code to fix it. Give the fix below a go.

This also includes the 'Don't remove upgrades' code as well.

mc_recycle_ships_wares_main_Lockup_fix_xml.zip

Extract this to your 'scripts' folder, or extract and move.
Now about the server space, just to be clear, it's a place to store your work for back ups and a place to link for people to download. I can't give you webspace, I just though you could use a stable place for people to download from.
Yes i realised you didn't mean webspace, but a file download server. :wink:

MarCon

siath70
x4

Post by siath70 » Fri, 26. Nov 10, 15:41

Cool thanks.

Though you might think about putting a switch into the code for the upgrades.

Not talking about rudder, engine and cargo, to me that would be cheating.

But, stuff like docking computers and software, to me at least, always seemed like you should be able to remove them to your docks. I mean you can transfer them between ships right... :P

I know this is is a bit behind but how about the banking and stock tied into it?
Banking maybe has your grand total, dunno if it's do able, and stocks has your profit losses (current) and to date. The of course links to them.

Just a suggestion, if you need anything help of anything, let me know. I don't mind doing little things and helping out here and there. I would have fixed the problem last night and posted the fix here but it was way late, sorry.

PM if you need anything or wanna set up that mirror.
YOU can also email me I'll PM you the details.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Fri, 26. Nov 10, 16:27

Though you might think about putting a switch into the code for the upgrades.

Not talking about rudder, engine and cargo, to me that would be cheating.

But, stuff like docking computers and software, to me at least, always seemed like you should be able to remove them to your docks. I mean you can transfer them between ships right...
No switch, but if the ship being stripped is at a dock, those items will be transfered accross :D

I know this is is a bit behind but how about the banking and stock tied into it?
Banking maybe has your grand total, dunno if it's do able, and stocks has your profit losses (current) and to date. The of course links to them.
This hasn't been updated since the other scripts were released, but yes that was the intension, to link them in and show basic info in the menu.

Just a suggestion, if you need anything help of anything, let me know. I don't mind doing little things and helping out here and there. I would have fixed the problem last night and posted the fix here but it was way late, sorry.

PM if you need anything or wanna set up that mirror.
YOU can also email me I'll PM you the details.
:D :D :D By now you prob have my PM to you !! hehehe.

MarCon

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Tue, 30. Nov 10, 06:49

Howdy All

Due to the efforts of siath70 a number of issues are being worked on. siath70 is intoducing some new options and bug fixes in the strip ships script and the bulk renaming script.

Due to these efforts i have also been looking at some other areas of the script that could use some updating.

Is there anything you would like to see added / changed etc. These include bugs you have found, options you would like to see, bla bla.

I'm also thinking of removing the 'Main Menu Style' option. Just to clean the code up a bit. I was going to remove the code for the older original style menu. Any objections?

So if you have any suggestions or what not, lets hear from you.

I would find it really hard to believe that there have been over 700 downloads of the script since this versions release and nobody thinks anything could be changed :o .

MarCon

Spectre84
x3tc

Post by Spectre84 » Mon, 27. Dec 10, 17:56

Hi,

First of all kudos for the time and effort put into this and your other mods.

I will just give a quick overview of my current game as I have done all the vanilla stuff to death.

I decided to try to do an all out war / take over the universe game using IR as the base and ADS to take out the micro management of defending sectors etc. I installed about 60 custom XSP ships and configured them myself to what I wanted and also gave some of them to each race which are all my enemies except Yaki and Teladi, any mod I installed as false patches so my ships wouldn't get screwed up (currently on 18cat / dat) and 35 plug in manager scripts and various other installed scripts to maximise universal carnage. I have been playing this game for about 6 months and I have taken over more than half the universe - wiped out the Paranid, Split and half the Terans

How I have managed to get all this community made stuff to work together and still have a playble game is a credit to the cooperation of all the different modders - thanks again to all of you. Anyway enough jabbering

I have been using this for quite a while and found it to be extremely useful, however when you are in your ships list is there any chance of opening the ships command console or an option to do this when you select the ship as I said I am currently doing a take over the universe type of game and i now have a lot of ships which are a nightmare to manage.
for example I have a universal salvager scouring the universe for derelict ships, with the normal search tools it is a nightmare to find where the ship is but with your searches it (and any other) is easy to find but i have to then close all the menus, go to the universe map, find the sector, open the sector etc. etc. and give it orders that is if it hasn't decided to jump to another sector which means start all over again and yet again for another ship.

you see what I mean?

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Tue, 28. Dec 10, 01:04

Hi Spectre84

Thank you for all the compliments to all the script and modding community, we all appreciate it. :thumb_up:
Spectre84 wrote:you see what I mean?
Yes i do see what you mean, in no small part due to a great background and issue explanation. Thanks for that, it helps a lot when people make what their problem is as clear as you did.

Now for the bad news, there is no direct way of doing what you would like via the script editor. However, there may be a work around. I will look into it very soon, just have to squeaze some time for it, and see if i can come up with a solution. My game (which i havn't had time to play in quite a while) has a vast amount of ships and stations scattered throughout the universe as well, hence why these scripts came into existance ... So i can relate to your request for direct access to the ship command menu.

Like i said, give me some time and i'll see what i can come up with.

If not, what kind of commands would you like to be able to issue to these ships?

MarCon

Spectre84
x3tc

Post by Spectre84 » Tue, 28. Dec 10, 11:30

Thanks for the quick reply.

I didn't think you could do it so easily as ADS has a simple set of command options for your ships which would be ok I suppose but finding your ships in ADS is as bad as vanilla

What about opening up the sector it is in then? in fact this would be the better option as finding the sectors which my ships are in is another nightmare. LV does a jump command script where you can type in more than just the first letter and find the sector which would be much easier but unfortunately this crashes my game so I can't use it.

I'm sure you know the story - "emrgency signal from......in Priests ha your never going to find me in time sector"

Or hmm I suppose a jump to me command would be the most useful preferably without using e cells (takes money instead or something?) so you can always use it.

I have LV's mk4 traders (these are the worst to find) and sometimes they jump to null space if they decide to jump to the same sector they re already in for an escape but they seem to jump out again. I have a couple of them stuck there at first I thought they had been destroyed but your script found them (nothing else does) and I suspect the reason they cannot jump out is because they have run out of e cells.

Or have you any ideas that would be easier to implement?

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Tue, 28. Dec 10, 11:48

@ Spectre84
Or hmm I suppose a jump to me command would be the most useful preferably without using e cells (takes money instead or something?) so you can always use it.
How about one that jumps the ship to your current sector, but when it arrives its shields are zero if it has no ecells onboard? As in they shunted all available shield energy into the jumpdrive to perform the jump.

Going to do some work on this starting now.

I'll see what i can come with in regards to other stuff while i'm at it.

Keep the ideas coming if you have any.

MarCon

Spectre84
x3tc

Post by Spectre84 » Tue, 28. Dec 10, 12:31

Yes that would be ok but there may be a couple of problems - if it is a carrier with fighter support deployed will it jump out leaving the fighters behind and ho hum where the hell are the fighters or worse wait for the fighters to dock before jumping and getting blown up (ADS may want to do this). Anyway I can test and see what happens - thanks again for your quick reply.

Hmm now youve got me going on suggestions you might wish you had never asked :)

Spectre84
x3tc

Post by Spectre84 » Tue, 28. Dec 10, 13:31

I have another one :) although this is probably a question for one of the other modders

I have a carrier full of salvaged fighters, I keep the m3's and sell the rest to make it a bit easier for fitting out - this is harsh's autoprep ships will fit out new ships that are all the same but not different ships that have stuff on them even if they can all fit the same equipment / weapons

On your bulk recycling menu, I can select a carrier, strip one or all ships and then use autoprep ships to fit out - nope it doesn't like that either although I can get autoprep to fit the same equipment but not weapons.

Ok, strip all ships of cargo / weapons (bulk recycling menu or perhaps ADS) and use ADS to equip all the fighters with the same weapon they can all use say pacs or hepts, (I am not sure you can do this through your bulk recycling menu) - this works but the fighters will not equip the main weapons, turrets if any are fine because mars takes care of that.

Now on to the actual question :) could you force all the fighters on the carrier to equip the main guns all at once from the bulk recycling menu?

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Tue, 28. Dec 10, 14:45

Now on to the actual question, could you force all the fighters on the carrier to equip the main guns all at once from the bulk recycling menu?
No you can't. It will only remove the items and place them in the carriers cargobay, it will not put items onto another docked ship.

Still working on the other ideas ...

MarCon

Spectre84
x3tc

Post by Spectre84 » Tue, 28. Dec 10, 19:01

Ok no probs

Spectre84
x3tc

Post by Spectre84 » Wed, 29. Dec 10, 10:55

Here's another one from a slightly different angle.

I have been thinking about what is the most useful command that is missing from the late game when you have stuff all over the universe:-

A jump to sector command with a sector sorter that you can type in the first letter or couple of letters and it comes up with all the sectors beginning with what you typed in - click the sector and it jumps you to through a random gate, lets you specify one or P2P to the centre of the sector which ever is easiest to code.

Perhaps for balance call it an emergency jump as you would be jumping in blind that uses all your e cells so you can jump in but you aren't getting out in a hurry - this would be better than setting shields to zero as you would most likely be jumping in to save something which wouldn't be much good if you have no shields.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Thu, 30. Dec 10, 07:16

Hi Spectre84,

Just letting you know that i'm doing some work on the 'jump' script you posted about. Q, Do you want to be able to jump any of your ships inc playership? (as long as they have JD installed of course).

The script i'm working on should allow for any of your ships with JD to use it. Getting the sellection parts down to a min of menus is hard, just trying to keep it simple and quick (the hardest type to script by the way).

It will use ecells if avail and shield energy if not (can't come up with a way of justifying it costing credits and still sound plausible )

Shield energy jumps will prob just be to a random location in the target sector, no targeting allowed. It is a emergency jump after all and no time for precise targeting, just "get us to that sector NOW!" or "get us the hell outta here NOW! anywhere in another sector will do, just try not to hit the big station in the middle."

Atm, i've got it so the first menu asks 'player ship' or 'other ship' if playership, it asks for destination location if you have ecells, otherwise you just get to choose the target sector. If 'other ship' you get asked for some letters for a sector name, then some letters from a ship name. Then you get a menu of sectors and ship names from what you put in. Just select the ship you want from those listed, only ships with JD's are listed. If it has enough ecells onboard to jump to that sector you get a sector and location choice as target, otherwise just a sector can be chosen (and bye bye shields).

It's still very much a WIP, but i'm sure i remember you volunteering to be a test bunny for it :P .

I would like your thoughts on how to access the menu, Hotkey, via MarCon menu, via nav in player ships command menu, etc ...

There are still a lot of details to be worked out too. re, followers ships, do carriers wait for ships to dock or jump without them. Do carrier's emergency transport undocked support craft onboard when req'd to quick jump, and the cost of doing this etc etc .... i think you get the idea.

Don't you just love all the choices you have to make just for a simple 'jump script' :o

Looking forward to your responce.

BTW, i've had a piece of paper stuck on my computer room wall with 'rewrite Marcon main menu and clean up all code' for some time now. Every time i look at it i go :cry: :cry: :cry: :rant:

MarCon

Spectre84
x3tc

Post by Spectre84 » Sat, 1. Jan 11, 13:12

Hi Marcon

Happy New Year from the UK - I have got a banging headache and lost my voice so I must have had a good night :)

Yes I would say shield energy if there are no ecells is ok and I agree costing credits is implausible.

Yep random location sounds good.

For the player ship do you still get asked for a few letters for the sector name as the biggest problem for me is flitting around the map trying to find the sector being attacked - the other ship part looks ok we can try that out.

I'm hopping already

I actually access the marcon menu through the community script menu - one hotkey press and one mouse click and I'm there so I would say the Marcon main menu for now? and maybe move it / hot key it after some testing if it is not too much of a pain to do afterwards

Perhaps just one question for playership - do you want followers to jump - y yes? n no? For carrier support ships that is a bit of a tough one - if you make the carrier wait it will probably be destroyed - in a "real" situation the carrier would wait until the very last minute before jumping out and leaving anyone behind; I suppose this could be simulated with a dock ships command and jump when shields hit 5% or something before leaving the rest behind but for simplicity, playability and avoiding possible conflicts with other carrier command scripts just jump the whole lot out and strip all the shields?

Main menu looks ok to me :?

Etyneo
x4

Post by Etyneo » Fri, 22. Jun 12, 11:08

Hate to perform thread necromancy here, but does anyone know if this works in X3AP?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 22. Jun 12, 15:47

Make a backup of your saves and try it out. Most scripts for TC are compatible with AP and judging from the OP there is no reason, why it shouldn't work with AP.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

zhukov032186
x3tc

Post by zhukov032186 » Fri, 22. Jun 12, 16:10

Not sure how I missed this, but it's very impressive. Despite all the complaints about bright colors... It's easy to read and locate what you're looking for.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”