[ALP]NPC Boarding Forces 1.2 6/1/11

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

[ALP]NPC Boarding Forces 1.2 6/1/11

Post by LV » Sat, 28. Nov 09, 23:49

Version 1.11
Date: 6/1/11
Author: LV

--------------------------
Imperial Library Scripts Must be Installed!

You must install the lib scripts
[ external image ]

Download AI Boarding Parties 1.2 from list

Description

AL plugin that creates AI M7's that capture all other race ships of classes [M1/2/6/7/8/TL/TM]

the plugin creates 1 special forces m7 for the main races.

(Pirate, Terran & Yaki can be opened by yourself if you wish by docking at the new marine base.)

These ships then scan the universe for bounty and as long as the notoriety between the hunter and the mark is <-99 for your ships or < 100 for other races they will jump in and target the mark. (there is also a 1/50 chance you will be attacked by a friendly race.

If they get close enough they will engage new imperial technology that they not only drain the marks shield and shunt them to the hunter ship but also hack the engines to set the marks max speed to 12ms.

These ships have massive jamming tech!

In addition the hunter will spoof the marks friend foe targeting to make the mark think the hunter is not an enemy.

Marines will then board if they are not taken down by turrets.

once they board they will start to hack the ship, the higher rank the AI marine the more chance it will have of getting through the defences, if the ship has it's own marines onboard they will defend and if their stats are higher they will kill the AI marines.

As the special forces hunt marks their lower ranked marines will be killed, this means that veteran ships will have formidable marines that will attack their prey.

[ external image ] :)

depending on the marks marine count/class & cost the board will take longer. The Special Forces ships will show the time to capture left and also their marine count.

If your ships are hunted you will be hailed and told of the situation as well as a subtitle message warning you.

If the board is unsuccessful the special forces ship will jump out, if they get through the ship is captured.

Captured ships either will jump to a sector owned by the hunter race or become part of the hunters wing.

----------

New marine base.

A new base will exist where marines can be purchased for the AI ships.

They have a higher level of marines for sale and also train them much more quickly than normal bases.

Supply this base with all it's required wares will enable it to create high level marines if your quick enough to buy them before your competitors do!

Dock here for info and keep your M7M's away from it unless your after some cash ;)

-------------------------

update 1.1
------
Bugs hunted (hopefully)
Debug text removed
longer time between hunts if your ships are the target
new Pirate Marine Training Barracks updated.
ships will not hunt in sectors that are enemy to them (i.e your safe against the paranid in argon space but wide open in pirate and unknown space)

Install.

It's the usual people, i've given you rar,exe and spk packages. If you don;t know how to install a plugin see [url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216693]TC Tutorials[/url]

-------------------

Uninstall

Just turn off the plugin and you can remove within 10 mins.

----------------------

This is a 1.0 test version. It's been running fine for me and i've been balancing for a good while, please feedback anything you see :)
Last edited by LV on Thu, 6. Jan 11, 13:18, edited 4 times in total.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

e1team
x3tc

Post by e1team » Tue, 29. Dec 09, 12:14

Cool! Thanks :)

Any compatibility issues?
I'm using Pirate Guild scripts, NPC Bailing and Salvage Command & NPC scripts.
"I feel like that's not the way fantasy space travel works in the real fantasy universe."
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]
Freya Nocturne's Sigantures

Zencro

Post by Zencro » Tue, 29. Dec 09, 18:55

Sounds really cool. But it's a bit unclear to me , do these ships work for you? Or are they an enemy faction that basically tries to take over every ship , including yours?

Corporeal

Post by Corporeal » Tue, 29. Dec 09, 19:48

How do they know where their marks are? Is information taken into account?

I could just see my carrier hanging out z+1000km in Ocracoke's storm getting attacked for no reason.

Also, do they stop pursuing for any reason other than defeat? Can I run?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 29. Dec 09, 21:16

e1team

no idea on compatibility issues i don't use other scripts as the intention is i know they (should) work fine in a vanilla build, it's impossible to try against all other variables once you add a shed load of other scripts into the mix.

Zencro

this script does not do anything other than level the playing field, you can board, now the AI can, no factions, enemies are created as such, think of it as a bolt-on for the vanilla races.

This script moves people away from the "win game now" button as it makes it harder for the player, therefore you should NOT download it if you want an easier x-life

Corporeal

that carrier would be a perfect choice ;)

the hunter will bug out if it's own shields get hammered to a low value.

------------
LV's TC Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

e1team
x3tc

Post by e1team » Tue, 29. Dec 09, 21:27

cool, thanks!
"I feel like that's not the way fantasy space travel works in the real fantasy universe."
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]
Freya Nocturne's Sigantures

feygan
x4

Post by feygan » Wed, 30. Dec 09, 02:58

Found a small problem with this, all the features work perfectly however if i return fire at an attacking vessel not only does my rep with their race go down which is fine and understandable. But I also loose face with the race of the sector i'm in as if I had attacked an unarmed civilian vessel or such, this makes it a little unbalanced and annoying as my vessel was simply defending itself.

TheEarl
x3ap

Post by TheEarl » Wed, 30. Dec 09, 09:55

I like this idea.
Do this ships only look for player ships or do they look for enemy race ships too ?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 30. Dec 09, 18:11

TheEarl wrote: Do this ships only look for player ships or do they look for enemy race ships too ?
Do people ever read the first post of my script threads :?:

!These ships then scan the universe for bounty and as long as the notoriety between the hunter and the mark is <-99 for your ships or < 100 for other races !

feygan

hmn, i could write a holder script to lock the sec owner not but it's not a quick and easy thing to do without other checks.... I'll look at it though
LV's TC Scripts

Corporeal

Post by Corporeal » Wed, 30. Dec 09, 19:54

LV wrote:e1team

that carrier would be a perfect choice ;)

the hunter will bug out if it's own shields get hammered to a low value.

Perfect for what? Getting eaten or staying safe?
Allow me to rephrase that. How far will it persue me if I run OOS?

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Thu, 31. Dec 09, 16:52

So what does this plugin actually do? /ducks and hides

I missed this when it came out i guess.

Is there a way to be able to tell what ships in game are your boarders?
The only reason i ask that is since it looks like this is clasified as a test, when i break something i want to make sure i know who to blame, err, report back to. ;) Last time i played, i know i saw Yaki boarding parties all the time, which i think is probably from a mod.

Couple questions real fast.

I see they have the super duper jamming tech which slows engines down nothing, but can thes ship (if its player owned) jump out of the area?

If its a player owned ship thats being boarded, once the combat starts on board, can troups be transfered from a close ship to the ship thats being attacked, and if so, will that do anything to the combat outcome?

As soon as i read your post, the following scenrio came to my wapred brain. If i had a ship that was being boarded, i would jump it to a sector where i had transports at with mariens and then constantly send troups to my "being boarded" ship to make sure id keep it.

Once i get my current game fixed from the slowdown im haveing, ill toss this in and run int through my vigious testing course.
The mongrels will never get over THIS wall.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 31. Dec 09, 22:21

1. Is there a way to be able to tell what ships in game are your boarders?

Yes

2. I see they have the super duper jamming tech which slows engines down nothing, but can the ship (if its player owned) jump out of the area?

Yes, I intentionally left the jumpdrive alone

3. If its a player owned ship thats being boarded, once the combat starts on board, can troups be transfered from a close ship to the ship thats being attacked, and if so, will that do anything to the combat outcome?

Yes

4. Perfect for what? Getting eaten or staying safe?
Allow me to rephrase that. How far will it persue me if I run OOS?

It won't i decided not to write a pursue code as of yet
LV's TC Scripts

Corporeal

Post by Corporeal » Thu, 31. Dec 09, 22:40

Okay, thanks and please don't :lol:
I'll give it a shot.

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Fri, 1. Jan 10, 03:38

I personaly like how i ask a question, then state that i have a few questions and ask more.

Ok, everything sounds good, will test soon.

In the future if you do put in a persue code, make it toggleable or a option maybe.
The mongrels will never get over THIS wall.

feygan
x4

Post by feygan » Fri, 1. Jan 10, 16:50

LV wrote: feygan

hmn, i could write a holder script to lock the sec owner not but it's not a quick and easy thing to do without other checks.... I'll look at it though
That would be great as currently my terran ratings are getting ruined each time i blast the hell out of split boarding vessels to my military patrol craft.

Nho
x3

Post by Nho » Fri, 22. Jan 10, 17:17

Really nice script. Have been testing it since a few days.

But those guys are very strong, and they come fast! You better not leave the station with your new ship until it is fully loaded with veteran marines. And as soon as you have killed one boarding party and left the sector, there is an other one coming.

It would be nice if you could make an easier version, or maybe some options to lesser their strength. Because I think they are too strong and they appear too frequently.

Unless this is caused by incompatibility with other mods...

Alexfighter

Post by Alexfighter » Sat, 30. Jan 10, 06:06

Can you avoid saving messages to the player log? At least those that are not talking about the player ships.

I mean thos messages of
Enemy is - Notoriety to - rchance is...

They are surely useful for debugging but flood the log and bother in a normal game.
Thanks.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sat, 30. Jan 10, 12:49

open plugin.lv.ai.boarding.scan

Code: Select all

225   $msg = 'Enemy is ' + $enemy + '  Notoriety to ' + $orace + ' is ' + $notor + ' rchance is ' + $rchanc
226   write to player logbook $msg
delete line 226

you may need to turn the plugin off and let it clear the ships before turning back on again
LV's TC Scripts

Alexfighter

Post by Alexfighter » Sat, 30. Jan 10, 15:14

Strange, 'cause I already tried that with no results and thought I was missing something.

I deleted that line, turned off the plugin, kept playing for almost half an hour, exited the game, uninstalled the plugin, opened and saved my game after some other minutes, exited again, installed the plugin without that line and when I turned it on the messages kept going.

I must haved overlooked something.

Thanks a lot.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 31. Jan 10, 18:10

updated to 1.1

update 1.1
------
Bugs hunted (hopefully)
Debug text removed
longer time between hunts if your ships are the target
new Pirate Marine Training Barracks updated.
ships will not hunt in sectors that are enemy to them (i.e your safe against the paranid in argon space but wide open in pirate and unknown space)

you must upgrade my lib scripts to 2.0 (found in first link)!!!!!!!!!!!!

there's about 4 hrs of coding i can't even remember the outcome of other than better logic and balance

uninstall last version and re-install, turn the plugin off for about 10-20 mins before turning back on.

1.1 will not update corrected until this is done :)

I've also added some background to the new barracks, if you can supply it with all it's primary & secondary's there will be some high end marines available, just get there before the competition :)
LV's TC Scripts

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”