[MODs]Remove Various Warning Beeps

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Post Reply
OOZ662
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue, 8. Apr 08, 10:45
x4

[MODs]Remove Various Warning Beeps

Post by OOZ662 » Tue, 27. Oct 09, 13:11

Remove Missile Warning Beeps: (Request by Reimu Hakurei)
This mod will remove the whooping noise accompanying an enemy missile launch along with the proximity beeps as the missile approaches. Betty will still alert you each time a missile is launched, however.

Remove Enemy Warning Beep: (Request by Misinformed)
This mod will remove the beep that plays before combat music starts when you close distance with an enemy ship.

Installation: (pick one method)

Mod method: Extract the .cat and .dat files (named after this mod) into TC's "mods" folder. If this folder does not exist, create it. Be sure to select this mod from TC's splash menu.

Fake Patch method: Extract the .cat and .dat files (named after this mod) into TC's main directory. Rename the files to one above the highest number of your current cat/dat pairs (on a vanilla v2.5 game, this mod will need to be named 10.cat and 10.dat). The mod will work automatically next time the game is run.

Note that these mods can be "stacked" (both installed) and both are savegame compatible.

There is a Hashes.txt file included in the ZIP that experienced users can use to verify a good download of the mod. This file does not need to be extracted to the game.

Deinstallation:

Delete the .cat/.dat files. Your warnings will return to normal the next time you load the game.

Game Resources Modified/Used:
Missile Warnings:
s\925.wav
s\1203.wav
s\1204.wav
Enemy Warning:
s\923.wav
All replaced with a tiny muted .wav file that matches the original's bitrate and mono...ness.
Last edited by OOZ662 on Sat, 10. Sep 11, 03:59, edited 7 times in total.
Image

repatomonor
Posts: 1319
Joined: Wed, 12. Sep 07, 19:01
x4

Post by repatomonor » Tue, 27. Oct 09, 13:40

I dont know, I think I couldn't live without that. o: I mean, its the thing which tells me at what proximity the missile is to me.
Image

OOZ662
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue, 8. Apr 08, 10:45
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Tue, 27. Oct 09, 13:48

I feel the same way, but Reimu wanted it, and I delivered. :P No reason not to post it here in case anyone else feels the same way.
Image

riky69

Post by riky69 » Tue, 27. Oct 09, 14:08

I wanted it especially when i was using m1-m2 ships.. Only a dozen of missiles and i hear beeps everywhere like i m dying perhaps my shield is full. Really annoying..

Thanks man

Misinformed
Posts: 588
Joined: Tue, 2. Mar 04, 18:24
x3tc

Post by Misinformed » Wed, 25. Nov 09, 15:06

What id really appreciate is doing away with the 5km or so proximity beep when an enemy vessel comes within range of the player ship. Its annoying to no end. Im suprised someone hasnt tackled it already. *Hopes*.

OOZ662
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue, 8. Apr 08, 10:45
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Wed, 25. Nov 09, 15:47

Misinformed wrote:What id really appreciate is doing away with the 5km or so proximity beep when an enemy vessel comes within range of the player ship. Its annoying to no end. Im suprised someone hasnt tackled it already. *Hopes*.
OP updated. This time I emptied the file instead of muting it due to my editing software currently being on the fritz. I had a single crash while testing it, but I'm 90% sure that was caused by my BETA mod and a script I had just run. I wasn't able to get it to crash again through further testing of just the sound.
Last edited by OOZ662 on Thu, 26. Nov 09, 00:19, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Misinformed
Posts: 588
Joined: Tue, 2. Mar 04, 18:24
x3tc

Post by Misinformed » Wed, 25. Nov 09, 23:43

You sir have won an internets. Fantastic stuff. Been plaguing me on and off since 2005.

User avatar
Malakie
Posts: 846
Joined: Tue, 13. Apr 04, 23:08
x4

Re: [MODs]Remove Various Warning Beeps

Post by Malakie » Tue, 19. Jan 10, 05:22

OOZ662 wrote:Remove Missile Warning Beeps: (Request by Reimu Hakurei)
This mod will remove the whooping noise accompanying an enemy missile launch along with the proximity beeps as the missile approaches. Betty will still alert you each time a missile is launched, however. (I REALLY don't feel like diving into that twelve hour sound file to find that one...)

Remove Enemy Warning Beep: (Request by Misinformed)
This mod will remove the beep that plays before combat music starts when you close distance with an enemy ship.

Installation: (pick one method)

Mod method: Extract the .cat and .dat files (named after this mod) into TC's "mods" folder. If this folder does not exist, create it. Be sure to select this mod from TC's splash menu.

Fake Patch method: Extract the .cat and .dat files (named after this mod) into TC's main directory. Rename the files to one above the highest number of your current cat/dat pairs (on a vanilla v2.5 game, this mod will need to be named 10.cat and 10.dat). The mod will work automatically next time the game is run.

Note that these mods can be "stacked" (both installed) and both are savegame compatible.

There is a Hashes.txt file included in the ZIP that experienced users can use to verify a good download of the mod. This file does not need to be extracted to the game.

Deinstallation:

Delete the .cat/.dat files. Your warnings will return to normal the next time you load the game.

Game Resources Modified/Used:
Missile Warnings:
s\925.wav
s\1203.wav
s\1204.wav
Enemy Warnings:
s\923.wav
All replaced with a tiny muted .wav file that matches the original's bitrate and mono...ness.

Is there any way you could add to this mod something that gets rid of the bitching betty voice "Attention, one of your ships is under attack, <sector name>........."? I am SOOOOO sick of hearing that voice OVER AND OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER...... you get the idea... especially in large battles where it is just a constant nag and irritant.
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

OOZ662
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue, 8. Apr 08, 10:45
x4

Re: [MODs]Remove Various Warning Beeps

Post by OOZ662 » Tue, 19. Jan 10, 05:31

Malakie wrote:Is there any way you could add to this mod something that gets rid of the bitching betty voice "Attention, one of your ships is under attack, <sector name>........."? I am SOOOOO sick of hearing that voice OVER AND OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER...... you get the idea... especially in large battles where it is just a constant nag and irritant.
All of the speech in the game is in one huge (think days-long) sound file and each piece is called by what millisecond is starts and ends in that file. It'd pretty much require reworking all of the speech reference that took place after it in the file...and tha'd be terrible. Plus you'd have to download that whole speech file...which is measured in gigabytes last I looked. :o
Image

User avatar
Malakie
Posts: 846
Joined: Tue, 13. Apr 04, 23:08
x4

Re: [MODs]Remove Various Warning Beeps

Post by Malakie » Tue, 19. Jan 10, 06:06

OOZ662 wrote:
Malakie wrote:Is there any way you could add to this mod something that gets rid of the bitching betty voice "Attention, one of your ships is under attack, <sector name>........."? I am SOOOOO sick of hearing that voice OVER AND OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER...... you get the idea... especially in large battles where it is just a constant nag and irritant.
All of the speech in the game is in one huge (think days-long) sound file and each piece is called by what millisecond is starts and ends in that file. It'd pretty much require reworking all of the speech reference that took place after it in the file...and tha'd be terrible. Plus you'd have to download that whole speech file...which is measured in gigabytes last I looked. :o

figures that would be the case... maybe we should petition Egosoft to at least make a future change so that you can turn on or off that bitching betty in combat...

Thanks for letting me know though..
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

OOZ662
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue, 8. Apr 08, 10:45
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Sun, 9. May 10, 20:17

Links updated as apparently I'd deleted the files at some point (I actually redid the whole mod since I've changed computers since then :P).

I read somewhere along the line that there's a reference file that can be edited to remove Betty's sayings. I would assume that's mov\00044.pck but I personally don't know how to edit it. Opening it in X3 Editor 2 results in many number entries I don't understand and I don't remember how to decompress .pck files outside of a .cat/.dat pair.
Image

User avatar
Reimu Hakurei
Posts: 1009
Joined: Fri, 28. Aug 09, 05:29
x3tc

Re: [MODs]Remove Various Warning Beeps

Post by Reimu Hakurei » Thu, 27. May 10, 00:40

Ahoy there. You never told me when you actually made this. :o
Much belated thanks.

OOZ662
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue, 8. Apr 08, 10:45
x4

Re: [MODs]Remove Various Warning Beeps

Post by OOZ662 » Thu, 27. May 10, 01:04

Reimu Hakurei wrote:Ahoy there. You never told me when you actually made this. :o
Much belated thanks.
Lies! :P
OOZ662 wrote:
Reimu Hakurei wrote:
OOZ662 wrote:I may just mod it for you if I get bored and you promise cookies... :D
Unfortunately I don't know how to make cookies. :0
Then you owe me some. :D

[MOD]Remove Missile Warning Beeps

I don't think it'll add a ***modified*** tag to your game, but I don't know...since I already have my game modded to the teeth. 8) I'd install it with the Fake Patch method if you're worried about it.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... c&start=15
Image

User avatar
Reimu Hakurei
Posts: 1009
Joined: Fri, 28. Aug 09, 05:29
x3tc

Post by Reimu Hakurei » Thu, 27. May 10, 01:20

Ah. I must've closed the tab I kept open for it by then, expecting no new posts.

And I'm not stuffed about modified; on the custom game start since there was no Nostalgic Argon at the time and have that script thingie that enables plots.

Post Reply

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”