X3:R - Recommendation for Factory Placement to gain Split and Teladi Rep

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

palenaka
x3tc

X3:R - Recommendation for Factory Placement to gain Split and Teladi Rep

Post by palenaka » Fri, 5. Jun 09, 01:58

I made a new game on X-Treme. Been pretty tough but finally got 3 factories running so good income.

So far I have

Plankton Farm M in The Wall
BioGas factory M in Empire's Edge
Wheat Farm M in Rolk's Drift

Current Rep's

Argon - Trusted Ally [L]
Boron - Noble Peer
Paranid - Friend of Priest Duke
Split - Creature
Teladi - Company Helper

My first thought was to put a Space Aquarium and a Flower Farm, but until I rank up my reps with Split or Teladi, that's not gonna happen :)

So right now my choices are Boron/Argon factories, or hauling something from the paranids waaaaaaaaay up to the Split/Teladi territories.

I tried to plop a plankton farm in a naive attempt (it didn't work) to get the Split or Teladi to buy them, but the closest point of sale was back in Boron space.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 5. Jun 09, 08:11

Check this. BoGas and Stott (and you need Plankton for Stott) to Teladi. Split would use Nostrop and Soya Husk, so they are harder to trade with.

There are naturally the "universal" resources: Ore, Silicon, ECells, Crystals, ...

And then there are always BBS missions and combat activities, but they are no "Factories", so OT.

palenaka
x3tc

Post by palenaka » Fri, 5. Jun 09, 10:25

oh kewl, I can use Boron factories to make the Teladi happy. I been looking at their stuff so much I forgot about the boron.

I can MORT in their sectors too for some good rep

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 5. Jun 09, 14:06

I don't think it makes much difference which stations you build. All NPC trading in X3R is done by free traders flying between the stations, who can be of any race--therefore you're just as likely to get a Boron ship docking at your energy production complex in Cloudbase South-West as you are to get an Argon, Paranid etc.

Given this, the best rank earning station you can build in X3R is the Space Fuel Distillery, because the pirate smugglers who are your main customers give you rank according to whatever race they appear to be (unless the police scan them and blow their cover, at any rate).

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Fri, 5. Jun 09, 14:40

As far as which sectors to build, and if you are looking at future development, then Split: Rhy's Desire and Teladi: Mines of Fortune are good ones. If you scan the asteroids, you will find some excellend yields in Silicon and Ore, which make good sites for Mining stations, and later you can add complexes to them if you want. Some of those yields can sustain pretty heavy loads of bio/industrial stations and solar power stations.
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

palenaka
x3tc

Post by palenaka » Sat, 6. Jun 09, 14:05

ThommoHawk wrote:As far as which sectors to build, and if you are looking at future development, then Split: Rhy's Desire and Teladi: Mines of Fortune are good ones. If you scan the asteroids, you will find some excellend yields in Silicon and Ore, which make good sites for Mining stations, and later you can add complexes to them if you want. Some of those yields can sustain pretty heavy loads of bio/industrial stations and solar power stations.

I'll check those out. I haven't gotten into mining yet, just trying to get some cash flow going. Sounds like some great ideas

palenaka
x3tc

Post by palenaka » Sat, 6. Jun 09, 18:23

I appreciate the tips :) Things are going very well now.

One question I had, once I place a mine on an asteroid, is there a way to tell the yield of the asteroid?

I put a silicon mine on one and can't remember if it was 42 or 46 yield. I looked around thru the station detail window and don't see it listed

thanks in advance

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 6. Jun 09, 19:36

You do see "products per cycle" and "cycle time". So you should be able to compute the yield. Once you have it, rename the station to have the yield mentioned in the name.

Lately, I've re-computed yield from the "theoretical profit" field of station from the exported PlayerStats.pck file.

palenaka
x3tc

Post by palenaka » Sat, 6. Jun 09, 22:03

jlehtone wrote:You do see "products per cycle" and "cycle time". So you should be able to compute the yield. Once you have it, rename the station to have the yield mentioned in the name.

Lately, I've re-computed yield from the "theoretical profit" field of station from the exported PlayerStats.pck file.

ahhh once again thank you very much :)

It's 43... def good idea to put that in the name :)

palenaka
x3tc

Post by palenaka » Sat, 6. Jun 09, 22:07

and once i get my fleet up and running, i'm going to shoot down that stupid Teladi Albatross captain in Seizewell. I told him to dock ages ago and he's flying around in circles.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 7. Jun 09, 07:47

Go OOS. Once collision detection is off he'll have a much easier time threading through all those asteroids and ships in transit to reach the yard.

cmize
x3tc

Post by cmize » Sun, 7. Jun 09, 08:18

pjknibbs wrote:Go OOS. Once collision detection is off he'll have a much easier time threading through all those asteroids and ships in transit to reach the yard.
Better yet, board his ship and dock it yourself!

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 7. Jun 09, 09:29

cmize wrote:Better yet, board his ship and dock it yourself!
Not possible in vanilla X3R. As Pan-Galactic Tycoon one does have a chance to find an abandoned TL's (with overtuned engines) via the Treasure Hunt missions and claim them, but that is not the same as boarding a native.

I try to avoid being in sector whenever my TL's are moving.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”