Avarice in TC 2.0a (Spoiler if you don't know what Avarice is)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Rhadamant
x4

Avarice in TC 2.0a (Spoiler if you don't know what Avarice is)

Post by Rhadamant » Fri, 24. Apr 09, 20:40

I could have sworn I asked the question recently but I looked for my post and it was nowhere, guess I am losing my mind.

I was wondering what the deal is with Avarice in TC 2.0a. I know the in X3:R it was day 6 or 7 and sold for around 600mil-700mil but I have no idea about TC 2.0a. Any definitive answers?

Thanks

-Rhadamant

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Fri, 24. Apr 09, 20:46

Not for sale in TC, now just another unknown sector, with some asteroids now though.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Fri, 24. Apr 09, 20:50

Those Asteroids make it a far more useful sector now. I plan to put a minimalist complex there to produce energy cells to keep my fleet refueled while in port.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Fri, 24. Apr 09, 21:09

mrbadger wrote:Those Asteroids make it a far more useful sector now. I plan to put a minimalist complex there to produce energy cells to keep my fleet refueled while in port.
Indeed.

630 million is a lot. A lump of vacuum is not.

Rhadamant
x4

Post by Rhadamant » Fri, 24. Apr 09, 21:26

So... not for sale? Thanks. Bummer, I got so much cash laying around.

Chealec
x3tc

Post by Chealec » Fri, 24. Apr 09, 21:33

I quite like all the broken bits of station kicking around in 'Avarice' in TC - I like to think it's the remnants of "my empire" in X3R :)
[ external image ]

... old skool

Painman
x3tc

Post by Painman » Fri, 24. Apr 09, 21:37

Well, you could pretend you were buying it...

-Buy Teladi Trading Station

-Put it in the middle of the sector

-Put 650 million credits into its bank account

-Blow it up!

...But seriously, it's a much better place in TC than it was in R. It has some useful asteroids, and for some reason, very little AI traffic routes itself through there. I like it as a home sector, since it's central, and I can jump there in my M2 and not worry too much about colliding with gate traffic.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 24. Apr 09, 22:19

Painman wrote:....and for some reason, very little AI traffic routes itself through there....
There's a bug in the pathfinding tables, or whatever they use. Try this sometime. Tell a ship in Ianamus Zura to fly to Light of Heart. Now watch as it flies to New Income, down to Ceo's Doubt, through the Boron sectors, and then up through Montalaar to Light of Heart. It totally ignores the much shorter route through Unknown Sector, aka 'Avarice'.

Or tell a ship to jump from New Income to Montalaar and check how much energy it requires. And it's been this way since Reunion.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

kyoo
x4

Post by kyoo » Fri, 24. Apr 09, 22:43

It has quite high traffic and no police. Looks like a great place for a closed loop booze complex.

Asmayus
x3

Post by Asmayus » Sat, 25. Apr 09, 00:59

I think it's kinda funny they finally made the system useful and worth having and then making it un-buyable. :lol:

I know about the hub, but its not quite the same as buying your own system, is it?

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Sat, 25. Apr 09, 02:38

Nanook wrote:Or tell a ship to jump from New Income to Montalaar and check how much energy it requires. And it's been this way since Reunion.
The pathfinding seems to only takes into account the distance between the gates in a sector, one sector at a time when planning it route. Since the gates in old avarice are so far apart now the pathfinding is fooled into thinking the long way around is really shorter, though it isn't.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

BDStyle
x3tc

Post by BDStyle » Sat, 25. Apr 09, 02:43

kyoo wrote:It has quite high traffic and no police. Looks like a great place for a closed loop booze complex.
I've done just that, a mahoosive complex providing the entire universes worldly desires in weed and booze.

My entire empire is funded by 3 similar complexes. I like to think of myself as the Amsterdam of the X-world :D

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 25. Apr 09, 14:15

very little AI traffic routes itself through there
Not when Ya Booze Ya Lose Spacefuel Complex is situated there... The sector is STUFFED! And my bank account...
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”