[Video] Last Stand Of The Colossus

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

metalvenom
x4

[Video] Last Stand Of The Colossus

Post by metalvenom » Sun, 19. Apr 09, 22:43

Disputes over an uncharted system between the argon and split have failed!
being the only ship in the area the colossus is ordered to stand her ground against any threat to this new resource rich system.

The split have plans of their own for the system and a huge battle takes place.
things where pretty even until the split managed to get their task force into the system completely overwhelming the colossus.

enjoy this X3TC:Channel film

Please view in HD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amcyqMpOq4g
Note:
I created an X3TC: Channel on youtube. for people to put their videos of x3tc.

if you have a video and want it on the channel upload your video to http://www.filefront.com/ (its free and easy)
send me an PM of the link and i'll download and put up onto the channel.

try and put your name in the video so people know you made :)

[/b]

fOSSil
x3tc

Post by fOSSil » Mon, 20. Apr 09, 01:44

This is amazing, I love the camera work and direction. The music is good and also has good timing and I love the little heartbeat at the end.

How long does making something like this take and what software did you use for production?

Cheers,
fOSSil

silenced
x4

Post by silenced » Mon, 20. Apr 09, 01:51

now that's a good one :), just the blue circle is annoying, but hard to avoid :)
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...

metalvenom
x4

Post by metalvenom » Mon, 20. Apr 09, 09:26

thanks guys.
yeah the blues circle is the one thing the gets to me when making vids. but there's no way to get rid of it unless I want a static camera every shot.

the programs I use are fraps and sony Vegas 9 PE.
Im making a Tutorial atm on how to get some good shots and the technique I use. took about 4 hours altogether to make.

MarkOmRuki
x3tc

Post by MarkOmRuki » Tue, 21. Apr 09, 00:10

im very much looking forward to this tutorial. I am going to be working on a really big project and i will need all the help i can get

fOSSil
x3tc

Post by fOSSil » Tue, 21. Apr 09, 10:56

A tutorial would be great. It might inspire more people to do short films with X3.

And only four hours for all this :o. You must be a pro :)!

metalvenom
x4

Post by metalvenom » Tue, 21. Apr 09, 18:30

I'm nearly done with it, should be up tomorrow at some point.
A tutorial would be great. It might inspire more people to do short films with X3.
thats the hope fOSSil :) and i'm far from a pro lol just someone who likes to make vids :)
im very much looking forward to this tutorial. I am going to be working on a really big project and i will need all the help i can get
What type of project are you under taking dude? is it a secret? I will help you anyway I can just give us a shout

wolfmaster1979
x3tc

Post by wolfmaster1979 » Tue, 21. Apr 09, 20:00

Awesome stuff!! I do have a few questions...

(1) How in gods name were you able to get such awesome zoom on the launch of those fighters... man that was sweet.

(2) What are you system specs on your PC? I want to make vidoes of TC, but I don't think my system will be able to handle the recording with fraps.

Thanks

metalvenom
x4

Post by metalvenom » Tue, 21. Apr 09, 20:37

How in gods name were you able to get such awesome zoom on the launch of those fighters... man that was sweet.
look for the tut im putting up tomorrow. it explains everything:)
What are you system specs on your PC? I want to make vidoes of TC, but I don't think my system will be able to handle the recording with fraps.
My specs as follows
quad core
3 gbram
vista
9800gt

wolfmaster1979
x3tc

Post by wolfmaster1979 » Tue, 21. Apr 09, 20:42

metalvenom wrote:
How in gods name were you able to get such awesome zoom on the launch of those fighters... man that was sweet.
look for the tut im putting up tomorrow. it explains everything:)
What are you system specs on your PC? I want to make vidoes of TC, but I don't think my system will be able to handle the recording with fraps.
My specs as follows
quad core
3 gbram
vista
9800gt
Sweet deal, I'll be looking forward to the tutorial.
BTW, when you were recording with fraps, do you recall what your frame rate was?

metalvenom
x4

Post by metalvenom » Tue, 21. Apr 09, 22:03

around 20-25

BDStyle
x3tc

Post by BDStyle » Mon, 27. Apr 09, 00:16

Nice work, I hope to post some stuff in your channel soon :)

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Mon, 27. Apr 09, 12:00

Grade "A" stuff!
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

christina one dash one
x3tc

tut to make videos

Post by christina one dash one » Thu, 30. Apr 09, 01:57

soooo being new to this ..where are the tuts to makeing the video...ref last stand...
i have this idea , me and my brother want to try ..

have alook at web site... hidden frontiers,, it is a fan film site for star trek mega good stuff there.
me and my brother want to make a home movie we have tested some 'green screen stuff' in the shed and using a prog called aftereffects( my dads )we done pretty good .. so as a example we want to shoot my brother dressedas space pirate and we want to make it look like he is looking out off a window into space.. so we were thinking of caputring some space shots from x3 ..
((we are also getting terran conflict ( on order from shop)..
and using the caputed shots in the background. so how do you capute stuff and how do you do it without al the screen cockpit items on the screen?...how do you set stuff up ..like exploding space ships... apart from going out and starting a fight????..
me and my brother are very excited and it will be a great project for our summer holiday school break,
best wishes

christina, one ,dash,one...yepp we love frelancer too..

i also on hotmail.

dizzyduck337@hotmail.com

sorry to put that there.. i,m going to stay at my nanna and will have to goto the library to read my mail

bye

wolfmaster1979
x3tc

Re: tut to make videos

Post by wolfmaster1979 » Thu, 30. Apr 09, 04:33

christina one dash one wrote:soooo being new to this ..where are the tuts to makeing the video...ref last stand...
i have this idea , me and my brother want to try ..

have alook at web site... hidden frontiers,, it is a fan film site for star trek mega good stuff there.
me and my brother want to make a home movie we have tested some 'green screen stuff' in the shed and using a prog called aftereffects( my dads )we done pretty good .. so as a example we want to shoot my brother dressedas space pirate and we want to make it look like he is looking out off a window into space.. so we were thinking of caputring some space shots from x3 ..
((we are also getting terran conflict ( on order from shop)..
and using the caputed shots in the background. so how do you capute stuff and how do you do it without al the screen cockpit items on the screen?...how do you set stuff up ..like exploding space ships... apart from going out and starting a fight????..
me and my brother are very excited and it will be a great project for our summer holiday school break,
best wishes

christina, one ,dash,one...yepp we love frelancer too..

i also on hotmail.

dizzyduck337@hotmail.com

sorry to put that there.. i,m going to stay at my nanna and will have to goto the library to read my mail

bye
Check out this topic, it explains everything.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=243962

Nekron
x3tc

Post by Nekron » Tue, 19. May 09, 16:20

Amazing vid mate!

metalvenom
x4

Post by metalvenom » Tue, 19. May 09, 23:15

Thank you.
oh btw wolfmaster the classic flight mode is way to jerky, but with the help of the guys from egosoft I managed to get rid of the blue crosshair now:)

BDStyle
x3tc

Post by BDStyle » Tue, 19. May 09, 23:45

Lofty aid indeed :)

I hope to see some official video's soon :D

metalvenom
x4

Post by metalvenom » Tue, 19. May 09, 23:52

lol who knows maybe one day :D

btw BDstyle, still waiting to put some of your stuff on the channel :)
get uploading and send me a link :)

Aura_Seeker

Post by Aura_Seeker » Sat, 23. May 09, 19:38

:o That video is (quite literally) The Bomb! :twisted:

Return to “Creative Universe”