Xadrian: Factory Complex Calculator for X3TC and X3AP

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sidrat Flush
x4

Re: Xadrian: Factory Complex Calculator for X3TC and X3AP

Post by Sidrat Flush » Sat, 15. Jun 13, 12:33

Where do you get the data for this app, or is it hand coded via playing the game?

Which while fun, must be very annoying.

I'm looking at creating my own spreadsheet/database app which will feature fleet/wing composition creations with user selected fittings and costs involved.

I'm very new to the X3 universe and only just realised I could try to survive longer by having more armed ships following me around and protecting me.

If I have to do it by hand I will, although I'd much rather import the static data to a new database so I can view it straight away and not have to go through each and every item manually.

If this is what you have done, kudos to you!

kayahr
x4

Post by kayahr » Sat, 15. Jun 13, 13:46

Sidrat Flush wrote:Where do you get the data for this app, or is it hand coded via playing the game?
It's not hand coded. I wrote a bunch of plugin scripts to export all the data directly from the game into XML files which are then used by Xadrian.
I'm looking at creating my own spreadsheet/database app which will feature fleet/wing composition creations with user selected fittings and costs involved.
So I guess you need all the ship data? You could write a plugin script to scan all ship yards for all available ships and iterate over all the turrets and possible weapons, shield strengths and so on and export all this data into log files in XML or CSV format or whatever. But I've heard that it is also possible to parse a TSHIPS.TXT file in the X3 installation folder to get all this data. Never did this. I guess you should ask in the Modding forum for details.

Sidrat Flush
x4

Post by Sidrat Flush » Sat, 15. Jun 13, 15:28

I guess it's more a case of getting compatible weapons and shield items really.

Think of my app more as a fleet composition builder - It would be nice to know what items will fit on each ship and where to find them in stock and at what price too.

The in-game exporting idea is interesting, but I don't think it will necessarily include the compatible lists I'm after.

It's surprising that the devs haven't released the static data in an exportable file available for download considering their support for modders.

Lea Flamma
x3tc

Post by Lea Flamma » Sat, 15. Jun 13, 15:56

The Xadrian is the best and worst thing I ever downloaded from the net.

Best because it's saving me hours of flying around and searching for the cheapest factories.

Worst because it shows me the prices of the complexes I want to buy. I get all exited and then realise I have only 30 milions, needing 60-90 more :)

You could add another option to the shopping list actually. The idea occured to me today. I would love to see how much cash I need more to start the complex with the ship equiped with necessary software. It can't be that hard to add all the TS class that player can buy and to their price add the price of 3-4 upgrades. That would be really lovely :)

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 15. Jun 13, 22:32

There are some spreadsheets flying around the forums. You might find something in the stickies in the main forum.
That would be a good place to start

ed971
x3tc

Post by ed971 » Sat, 6. Jul 13, 18:38

Hallo,

I would like to ask if the calculator version for X3 XTC 2.0 will be avialble and when?

Greetings

ahddib
x4

Post by ahddib » Thu, 29. Aug 13, 21:10

Just want to say I love you for making this program.

Seriously. I'd have your spacefly babies.

:D

:arrow: please make one for rebirth asap lol!
Game Player, Designer, Fanatic

Theburn

Post by Theburn » Sun, 3. Nov 13, 00:04

Sorry to play with necromancy. But, I was wondering how to get Twisted skies to show up in sector selection, rather than Ceo's Wellspring. Could someone give me a hand please?
Mind, heart, and body shattered. But, the will survives.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 3. Nov 13, 01:16

at the top,go to Edit/Preferences

There is a box with a drop-down list of anh sectors. :-)

Theburn

Post by Theburn » Sun, 3. Nov 13, 03:04

Duh. Feel kinda dumb now, but oh well. Thanks TTD. Much appreciated sir.
Mind, heart, and body shattered. But, the will survives.

Lakz

Post by Lakz » Tue, 3. Dec 13, 22:42

Is there a way to add stations available in XRM? (i.e Argon Plasma Beam Cannon Forge).

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Wed, 4. Dec 13, 01:01

Lakz wrote:Is there a way to add stations available in XRM? (i.e Argon Plasma Beam Cannon Forge).
I don't use XRM but you should be able to by editing stations.xml accordingly.
Fast sector selection on the Universe Map | Rock locations for Mobile/OOS mining | Botting for max speed Hyperion | Complete list of ship sources | Capturing smaller ships

My current ship collection:
11 out of 11 *retired* ships found
17 out of 17 *unique* ships found
9 out of 9 *limited* ships found
16 out of 16 *rare* ships found

Lakz

Post by Lakz » Fri, 13. Dec 13, 18:34

I found that most stations have comparable requirements. For example, a PBC forge is pretty much the same as a PPC factory.

Another question : I use IEX, and many sectors have 200% of sunlight. This sun setting doesn't seem to be available on Xadrian. Is there a way to calculate it?

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 13. Dec 13, 22:23

Interesting that.
Not noticed
Xadrian seems to have fixed settings...

0%
100%
150%
300%
400%
450%
600%

I don't know the maths, although it has often been mentioned on the forums.

But would the effect of twice 100% = half the effect of 400% ? or even a third of 600% ?

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Sat, 14. Dec 13, 01:48

additional 100% sun improves SPP production rate by ~22%. Not sure what the exact formula is. Tried searching forum but gave up after a while. Maybe someone here is of better luck (perseverance?):
Fast sector selection on the Universe Map | Rock locations for Mobile/OOS mining | Botting for max speed Hyperion | Complete list of ship sources | Capturing smaller ships

My current ship collection:
11 out of 11 *retired* ships found
17 out of 17 *unique* ships found
9 out of 9 *limited* ships found
16 out of 16 *rare* ships found

flobz_uk
x3tc

Post by flobz_uk » Wed, 16. Apr 14, 18:24

Hello would it be possible to get this onto Android? could this would be good to use on my tablet while playing game??

thanks great app

flobz

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 16. Apr 14, 19:13

Code: Select all

Choose your platform:

Windows (Installer)
 Windows (ZIP)
 Unix / Linux
 Mac OS X
Xadrian is written in Java and needs at least the Java SE 6 Runtime Environment.
these are the current options available at this moment in time...

http://kayahr.github.io/xadrian/
or see sig.

No idea if he will work on an Android version.
But yes,it would be useful to have on either a second monitor(like I do) or run in the background and use Alt/Tab to check, if using a single monitor, as I used to.

NewColours
x4

Post by NewColours » Fri, 23. May 14, 01:34

Is there data available for XRM? (http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=304158)

I love this tool but I am starting a game with XRM and I want to be able to calculate complexes for the new areas!

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Fri, 23. May 14, 02:25

According to this link, you can mod the data files to include XRM data.

NewColours
x4

Post by NewColours » Fri, 23. May 14, 05:32

Yeah, I've seen that, but that means I have to find all the data or figure out how to export it, I thought being as both the mod and this tool have been out a long time someone may have done this already

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”