[SCRIPT] Utilize and Repair Debris v3.01 03/08/2009

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

X420TokeAlot

[SCRIPT] Utilize and Repair Debris v3.01 03/08/2009

Post by X420TokeAlot » Thu, 15. Jan 09, 15:54

Utilize and Repair Debris WIP
(Version 3 - 24 January 2009)

First off I would like to give thanks to Xenon J for the initial scripts for this project.
And he has allowed me to post and add to this project.

So with a little learning here i will see if I can expand on this little project.

Utilize and Repair Debris Overview

These scripts allow you to either repair or utilize debris that are only pre-exsisting in the x3 universe, such as that inside President's End or the destroyed gates (which are then linked together) to claim as your own or have them disassembled into useful resources.
It uses the same wares as your HQ for repairs and money for utilization.

To use make use of the scripts make sure you are only in a TL or a TS
Open ship menu
Open Custom ship commands and Select Debris Salvage Interface
[ external image ] [ external image ]

And select one of the three menu options
[ external image ]

* Asses Repair Resources - allows the player to scan debris for required resources needed
[ external image ]

* Repair Debris - allows the player to repair any debris with required resources and credits.
Depending what is being repaired, small ships should be instantaneous, bigger ships should take a little longer as well as stations.

* Utilize debris - allows the player to scrap debris for resources
(The player will need credits and free cargo space in hold)
Also Utilization should be instantaneous.

You can also repair damaged gates.... (as long as there is not another gate, such as the gate in Mysts of Elysium)
[ external image ]
Repairing 2 gates will take a TL, stocked to the brim with resources.
To repair and link 2 gates you have to navigate to the first gate and repair it (it will be marked for linking)
Then navigate to another gate and repair it too.
Only repairing the last gate will actually require resources and should be instantaneous.:D

Technical Data for Utilize and Repair Debris

Language file
7277-L044.xml

7277-L039.xml

Command Slot (Custom command slot (English))
<t id="7277">A_Debris_Salvage_Menu</t>

The Download for X3 Terran Conflict only

This version is up for testing v3.01
http://www.filefront.com/14188671/Debri ... _v3.01.spk

version 3
http://files.filefront.com/Debris+Utili ... einfo.html

PS. these below are the original scripts for X3 Reunion and have not been modified, get them from here.....

Debris Repair
http://www.filefront.com/14017923/Debris-Repair.spk/

Debris Utilize
http://www.filefront.com/14017929/Debri ... ation.spk/
Changes....

03/08/2009
* v3.01
* Fixed debris subtype within scripts (still testing)

* changed commands to menu system. (to use less commands)
With a little advice from jlehtone I have changed the commands into a menu system so the script now uses only 1 command.

* Italian language file added

* Fixed a few errors
* Initial release version 1
Last edited by X420TokeAlot on Mon, 14. Jun 10, 09:24, edited 18 times in total.

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Thu, 15. Jan 09, 16:35

Great script.I like the idea of rebulding stations that were destroy.President End here I come :D
In menu insted of utilise command stand ReadText 2010-1228.Command forks fine.
When I am the recourse requste screen some names of goods are mising:credits,microchip, computer componet and qoantum tubes.Only numbers stand but no name.

X420TokeAlot

Post by X420TokeAlot » Thu, 15. Jan 09, 18:47

Idea wrote:Great script.I like the idea of rebulding stations that were destroy.President End here I come :D
In menu insted of utilise command stand ReadText 2010-1228.Command forks fine.
When I am the recourse requste screen some names of goods are mising:credits,microchip, computer componet and qoantum tubes.Only numbers stand but no name.
fixed readtext..
report should work now..
please redownload and let me know if there r any other issues.

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Thu, 15. Jan 09, 19:51

Works fine for me :D
Job well done :D

amirite

Post by amirite » Thu, 15. Jan 09, 19:55

This is a cool idea, but I think the resources could be handled better. What if, upon choosing to repair a station, it produces a list of wares with empty stock that the player can unload to? This would make it easier to automate the more intense repairs, even with mods like CLS and such.
-TEVE

zaihan

Post by zaihan » Wed, 21. Jan 09, 05:18

I'm not really good in theese things, but I really need that script.
Anyone could pm me how theese scripts work?
- How to install?
- Where to copy?
etc

Thanks.

ybo1233
x4

Post by ybo1233 » Wed, 21. Jan 09, 18:09

This is a spk file.

So you must install with cycrow plugin manager :

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=218121

X420TokeAlot

Script update

Post by X420TokeAlot » Sat, 24. Jan 09, 08:40

New version of Debris repair and utilize.

The commands are now in a menu system under the custom ship commands and no longer under the additional ship commands.

So please update to avoid conflicts.

Cheers

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Sat, 24. Jan 09, 10:05

Great idea. It'll certainly add more life to my X3R Universe . Are you adding fixes/functionality to both XTC + X3R with each version?

More work for you I know......more fun for us. The Xenon via the migration script (I think) have ravaged loads of sectors and left all manner of wrecks lying around. Time to tidy up me thinks.

dminor
x3tc

Post by dminor » Sat, 24. Jan 09, 10:55

I like it but.

It should take more time to utilize debris than it does. And a Mercury Tanker cost more to repair than a Wheat Farm. So maybe adding a bit to the cost of stations and adding some time to utilize(maybe half the repair time), might balance it out

Oh Don't bother repairing those ***Undefined*** Haulers. 36 mil + a bucket of resourses gives you a TL with 25k cargo, no mountable weapons and the kicker 35km top speed :oops: . I Sold it for 31 mil :oops:
" I'm a Sexy Shoeless GOD of WAR " Belkar

PWAGGO
x3tc

Post by PWAGGO » Sat, 24. Jan 09, 14:05

When doing an assess repair resources on a peice of debris I get a readtext 3572-1000.
I have tried this on multiple peices and its the same on all of them.

X420TokeAlot

Post by X420TokeAlot » Sat, 24. Jan 09, 16:40

Thanx for the info dminor i will have to check that out the ships should be quicker than the stations i believe. and the station should will cost more because you also need resources as well as credits but i will look into it for future changes.

as for the hauler well i think i missed that one
(been trying to decide what ships and stations should be able to repair)
maybe make a list, so the user can select type of ship or station to repair depending on the debris selected.

and sorry PWAGGO i was working late on this last nite and it looks like i missed some code :( . but please redownload as i believ i have corrected the issue now.

cheers

PWAGGO
x3tc

Post by PWAGGO » Sat, 24. Jan 09, 17:19

Thank you works perfectly now

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Sat, 24. Jan 09, 17:27

X420TokeAlot wrote:maybe make a list, so the user can select type of ship or station to repair depending on the debris selected.
i think with ships it should be random and if you are able to check who controls the sector at the time have the stations recovery be based on what stations that race can build for the type of debris. this way you might get lucky and you might not. :)
None of us is as smart as all of us. ~Ken Blanchard

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

SaGa59

Post by SaGa59 » Wed, 28. Jan 09, 07:25

Very nice script!

I like it.

Please, when You generate the .spk from scritp files, give the name of the script pack same as early version, and change only the version number.

The first version was "Utilisation and repair...", the next version was "Debris repair and utilisation...", ant the third is "Utilize and...". In the Script installer need uninstall old version and install new, the "upgrade" not possible, if the name of the new version not same as early...

Thx...

Other thing: in my fantasy is an tradeing command for this script: when the list of the needed supplies for rebuilding next station or ship is in the computer of the my TS (after the using Assess... command), i give the command for this TS (or TL) with Trading Software Mk3: go buy all of the supplies, and notify me, when is done. Possible?

(sorry, I'm read only in English)
SaGa

X420TokeAlot

Post by X420TokeAlot » Wed, 28. Jan 09, 14:51

SaGa59 wrote:
Please, when You generate the .spk from scritp files, give the name of the script pack same as early version, and change only the version number.

The first version was "Utilisation and repair...", the next version was "Debris repair and utilisation...", ant the third is "Utilize and...". In the Script installer need uninstall old version and install new, the "upgrade" not possible, if the name of the new version not same as early...
i will try and remember that for future versions:D
SaGa59 wrote:
Other thing: in my fantasy is an trading command for this script: when the list of the needed supplies for rebuilding next station or ship is in the computer of the my TS (after the using Assess... command), i give the command for this TS (or TL) with Trading Software Mk3: go buy all of the supplies, and notify me, when is done. Possible?

(sorry, I'm read only in English)

That is an interesting idea. It might be possible. Should be simple enough i think. I might look into that, but fairly new to the scripting, so it might take me a bit to figure it out though.

thx :D

Fragile Ego

Post by Fragile Ego » Fri, 30. Jan 09, 14:04

Cool idea but I think you should reduce the costs for repairing stations. We're repairing an already existing station after all, so why should it be much more expensive (when adding the cost of the materials to the credit requirement) than it is to build a whole new station?

X420TokeAlot

Post by X420TokeAlot » Fri, 30. Jan 09, 15:22

Fragile Ego wrote:Cool idea but I think you should reduce the costs for repairing stations. We're repairing an already existing station after all, so why should it be much more expensive (when adding the cost of the materials to the credit requirement) than it is to build a whole new station?
originally the scripts were written by Xenon J not my self. i don't know his reason for the hefty price to repair. I ONLY ported the scripts over.

You could look at it this way....
You need rep and cash to buy the stations, you don't need rep to repair, so the cash could go to the station and the race of the sector that the station is in. So you are buying the station from the race then repairing it with materials and labour.

Think of it as in real life, you buy a building needing repair you also need materials as well as labour to repair the building. And labour is not cheap it is very expensive.

Also it shouldn't be easy to repair a station right at the beginning of a game. As it does take one awhile before being able to buy a station.

But i might look into it, i wouldn't want to make it to cheap, because I don't think that would be right to be able to repair a station to early in a game.

X420TokeAlot

Post by X420TokeAlot » Fri, 30. Jan 09, 19:42

@ Fragile Ego

okay i have decided to drop the price factor a bit i haven't tried them to what the figures are but they should be a little cheaper maybe.... you will have to redownload same link 1st post and give any feed back could help.

Marodeur
xr

Post by Marodeur » Sun, 1. Feb 09, 19:19

This script is only for existing debris, right? Yesterday i had a sector patrol in which a pirate M2 destroyed 2 stations, but there where no debris after that. Would be very cool if there where debris to repair after the destruction (one station was a military outpost :D ).

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”