How do i change a sector name useing in game script editor?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

rawlings01
x3tc

How do i change a sector name useing in game script editor?

Post by rawlings01 » Wed, 11. Aug 10, 21:00

:roll: Yes i know this has been asked befor but what im looking for is a way to change the name of a sector using the ingame script editer in a similar way to how i managed to create factorys, a HQ that builds me new ships and new space gates linking sectors like Alderin, Alderin 2 , Terran Unknown 1 2 3 and Xenon sector to Mars.

Basicaly im looking for some thing like this. Get sector from index num 15 num 9 thats Terran Uknown Sector 2

Get sector Name from index TUS 2

Change or reset sector name to New Earth

return sector.
Im looking for something along those lines or as close to as posible useing the ingame script editor. Iv managed to change the race onership to me but not the name of the sector.

So if anyone can help me with that id be very greatfull.

Also i don't want to be playing around with stuff outside the game like in documents and things.

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Wed, 11. Aug 10, 21:14

I may be wrong, but I'm not sure that can be accomplished with the script editor.

However, it can be done with the mission director. But you will probably still need to edit/create a text file.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Been with the X-series from the beginning. If it happens in the X_Universe I've been there done that several times over.

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Wed, 11. Aug 10, 21:14

You can't.

Sector names are in the text-files. So i guess you could still use several textfiles for the user to choose between a list of possible name, but that's about all.

edit: meh beaten :p
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 11. Aug 10, 21:45

it can be done in the MD, you can set a name override for sectors so it uses a different name rather than the one from the text file.

you cant do the same thing in scripts thou

rawlings01
x3tc

Post by rawlings01 » Wed, 11. Aug 10, 21:59

Ok thanks that will save me hours of exsperimenting with script editor.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 12. Aug 10, 02:51

I did a mini mod for changing the name of the HUB sector. It can be used for anything, just by adding the sector number and description in.

Basically, you cannot change a sector name on the fly. Only by changing the name outside the game manually, and then its a permanent change.

Cycrow, is there an existing MD for doing that ? Some code in the MD documentation thread would be a great idea. :)

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 12. Aug 10, 07:45

There are two MD-entries in the [url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216690]TC Download Library[/url] that do rename (Unknown) sectors.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”