UPDATE Competition now closed. UPDATE
No more new entries for the competition will now
be accepted while we will review all videos.
This is a list of all entries in the apropriate English and German topics. The list is in no particular order...
UPDATE Competition now closed. UPDATE
The X3:TC Video Competition
Show us your skills
Today we have something special for you: The X³:Terran Conflict Video Competition.
The aim is to find out who can create the best video of X3:TC? Tell an exciting story or show an epic battle! Let your creativity flow and upload your video to YouTube, then post a link to your video in the competition thread on our forum. A jury, consisting of the X3:TC developers, will evaluate the videos and choose the best ones.
The grand prize will be a Matrox TripleHead2Go adapter! With this adapter you can connect 3 monitors to your PC and stretch one application across three monitors! Surround Gaming will become a reality.
But we got also lots of other cool prizes!
Bardioc. Perry Rhodan 100. (german)
All-Mächtiger!: Faszination Perry Rhodan (german)
The following PC-games:
Lost Empire Immortals
A signed copy of X3: Terran Conflict
Battlestar Galactica - Part one
Farscape - Season 1
Farscape - Season 2
Farscape - Season 3
Some prizes are German only, some are English only so the pool will be assigned accordingly.
1. Each participant can upload only one video and the video shouldn't exceed 10 minutes in length.
2. Egosoft staff and their dependents are excluded from the participation.
3. Any recourse to courts of law is excluded. Closing date is the 30th of november 2008.
Videos uploaded to YouTube can be a maximum of 10 minutes long and 1GB in size. A short instruction manual explaining how to upload and create a video you can find on the Egosoft forum at the following address:
Deadline for video submissions is 30th November 2008.
Quick start manual for Fraps.
Note: A detailed manual about how to use Fraps you will find at the following address: http://www.fraps.com/faq.php
- Download Fraps from http://www.fraps.com/ and install it.
- Start Fraps and go to „Movies“.
- Select the folder where Fraps will store all movies in. By default this folder is the same as the directory you installed Fraps into, but you can customize it to save anywhere on your disk. Click the Change button to select a new folder, or the View button to show the current contents of the folder.
- „The Video Capture Hotkey lets you assign a button that will record movies of the game. To change the Hotkey, click in the box and type a new key to be assigned this function.
- The option “Full-size” will store the movie at the same resolution as the game screen up to 1152x864.
- You can choose the frame rate of the output movie from 25fps, 30fps, 50fps, 60fps, or a custom value up to 100fps. Higher values result in smoother playback but will increase the file size. A value between 15 and 30 should be sufficient.
- Selecting "Record Sound" will save the game audio along with the video. You can disable this option if you are planning to add your own sound to the video.
- Start X3 Terran Conflict.
- To record a video, press the key you specified in fraps. To stop the recording, press this key again.
- You will find the recorded video in the folder you specified in fraps.
The AVI video file created by Fraps will be quite large. You will need to compress it. Best to convert it to mpeg or divx.
The program VirtualDub is one program you could use to achieve that. VirtualDub is available at: http://www.virtualdub.org
Using VirtualDub is quite easy. To create compressed versions of AVI files follow these steps:
• Start VirtualDub
• Select File->Open and choose the AVI in the Fraps directory you wish to compress.
• Select Video->Compression and choose the codec you wish to compress with (usually divx)
• Select File->Save As AVI and specify a filename for the new AVI
Quick start manual about how to upload files to YouTube.
Note: A detailed manual about how to use YouTube you can find at the following address: http://help.youtube.com/support/youtube/
If you have not got a YouTube user account, then please create one.
Once you've finished editing your video, made sure that it's less than 10 minutes long, smaller than 1 GB in size and in an acceptable format, you're ready to upload it.
1. Click the "Upload" button in the upper right-hand corner of any YouTube page.
2. Enter as much information about your video as possible, including Title, Description, Tags and Category. The more information you include, the easier it is for users to find your video!
3. Determine if you want your video set to Public or Private.
4. Click the "Upload a Video..." button.
5. In the next window, click the "Browse" button to browse for the video file. Select the file you want to upload.
6. Click the "Upload Video" button.
It can take from a couple of minutes to an hour for your video to upload to YouTube.
If you receive an error message when uploading, you should ensure that you're attempting to upload a file type that's recognized by YouTube. YouTube accepts video files in the .AVI, .MOV, .WMV and .MPG file formats.