Star Wars Mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mikhailskatchkov
x3ap

Star Wars Mod

Post by mikhailskatchkov » Sat, 5. Apr 08, 23:21

This mod is now active for x3 ap 3.0

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0

ALL BELOW IS OUTDATED
Work in progress.
If there is enough interest I'll finish the mod.
All Star Wars weapons including torpedo's have been added, with authentic sounds.
Its only me working on this mod, I work double shifts every day to pay my bills, so please excuse me if I take long .

[ external image ]
Link again, should hold up for at least a week.

FOR X3 REUNION
http://download202.mediafire.com/zjw1gn ... mod021.rar

FOR X3 TC
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?iyjjzymfmmt

PS
REUNION
millitary transport mission cant be finished because the transports weapon projectile speed is too low, please edit it in tbullets to about 700ms, otherwise ill upload an apdate of the mod.
X-Wing Fighter Alliance
[ external image ][ external image ]
A-Wing
[ external image ]
Y-Wing
[ external image ]
Z-95
[ external image ]
X-Wing XJR
[ external image ]
Tie Bomber
[ external image ]
Lambda shuttle
[ external image ]
Action IV
[ external image ]
Rebel Medium Transport
[ external image ]
Corellian Corvette
NebulonB
[ external image ]
Venator
Video link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-feYFQHras

Link again, should hold up for at least a week.

X3 REUNION
http://download202.mediafire.com/zjw1gn ... mod021.rar

X3 TC
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?iyjjzymfmmt

[Edit by jlehtone] "8. Images posted should not exceed 640 x 480 and 100kb in size." There were couple clear violations of that rule, and since browsers load whole page of thread at once, edited all images to links with thumbnails.
Last edited by mikhailskatchkov on Mon, 4. May 15, 15:53, edited 16 times in total.

Apollo911
x3tc

Post by Apollo911 » Sat, 5. Apr 08, 23:38

Nice work! That top pic in particular looks great!! Are planning on making a story for it? (time permitting of course.)
[ external image ]
From the darkness you must fall
Starting to mod? Watch my ship importing tutorial here here!

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Sat, 5. Apr 08, 23:44

Yup i do like the top pic of the Nebulon-B frigate, the others are looking good as well

Legionnaire

mikhailskatchkov
x3ap

Post by mikhailskatchkov » Sun, 6. Apr 08, 00:00

A story will be very complicated, I need video, voices and a lot of scripts :)
I'm still trying to get the Alliance and Empire to fight each other, dont even know if It will be possible to get the Empire to send out patrols through out the systems.
Im using Win VISTA now that has created a hek of alot of problems.

I also work double shifts most days to make ends meat, I have very little time and Im alone on this, so please be patient.

I'll release the mod in stages, otherwize it will take years.
I hope they release the Terran conflict soon cause I'll have to convert it for that to.

aurora3000gt
x3

Post by aurora3000gt » Sun, 6. Apr 08, 03:35

wow...really well done. Look into the blackpanthergroup too because they have a lot of models listed that might make it easier for you to work with.

I hope you finish it, this would give me a reason to start over (again) and enjoy the game

mikhailskatchkov
x3ap

New ship just finished

Post by mikhailskatchkov » Sun, 6. Apr 08, 04:13

Here is a Lambda-class shuttle Tydirium just finished, I worked out how to get dds textures in, in VISTA, just do in in txt editor after placing a saved default texture in max.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

[Edit by jlehtone] Some oversized images in the lot, so converted all to links.

mikhailskatchkov
x3ap

Tie Fighter

Post by mikhailskatchkov » Sun, 6. Apr 08, 07:20

Here is the tie fighter also finished

[ external image ]

aurora3000gt
x3

Post by aurora3000gt » Sun, 6. Apr 08, 17:54

really looks fantastic, when are you planning on finishing it? I know you said you're busy but I'm just curious if you have an idea.

jumanji

Post by jumanji » Sun, 6. Apr 08, 18:36

my prayers have been heard, at last another nebulon frigate version. i'm really looking forward to see it flying, as current model lacks a lot of details and has too high engine housing.

i wonder if these ships could be available as separate addons? as lots of peope like me would really be happy to add them to the existing XTM or vanilla plots.
There are three great excuses one can use in life. To say that one is mad, drunk, or a poet.

No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Sun, 6. Apr 08, 20:29

These are quite beautifully done. I may have to give this a spin when it's off the assembly line- but please, do take your time :D

On an unrelated note, jumamji, your signature made me laugh many times over. ^^
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

DarrenTomlyn
x3ap

Post by DarrenTomlyn » Sun, 6. Apr 08, 22:00

yay - more star wars ships...

Can you send me the ships? - (I'm assuming you're using the xsp format?). I've got all the stats already done for them - (have been getting the models from everywhere I can, (concentrating on the classic star wars, since I don't know much about the prequels) - but am still missing some, and would like some better ones where possible.).

If you'd like a list of ships I"m missing, then I"ll put them here - (if you need to see the models, go to the x-wing alliance upgrade project, though those models are far lower res.):

Z-95 headhunter - (which you have :) )
Corellian gunship
Carrack Class Cruiser
Lancer Class Frigate
Strike class cruiser
Mon Calamari Star Cruiser MC 40 & 80 variants
Victory Class Star Destroyer
TIE Avenger

Though, obviously I'll take anything - but I'll have to do some research to make the prequel stuff fit...

I'm currently working on a nice big 480 sector galaxy to play in atm, though...
Darren Tomlyn

Tune-writer and fiddle-player,

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/DarrenTomlyn/3291/

jumanji

Post by jumanji » Sun, 6. Apr 08, 22:32

um, bout the stats... please be carefull when giving weaponry to the nebulon. it's a MEDICAL and it's a FRIGATE after all, not a super dreadnaught or uber-heavy battleship.

make it fast, bit clumsy, some... 4-5, maybe 6GJ shelds, only front batteries have heavy BPPC (to simulate the turbolasers in the movies, better yet, add couple of GKion emitters or something like that), other turrets should mount light, AA armament like FLANKs, HEPTs or PBEs.

couple of docking places would be fine, but only couple of them! frigates don't need nor have spaces for whole wings of fighters.

(if anybody wants a concept military version of nebulon, send me a pm, i'll forward you a drawing of unstripped [sw rebbels stripped nebulon-b to make it a hospital ship] nebulon i found recently while browsing)
There are three great excuses one can use in life. To say that one is mad, drunk, or a poet.

aurora3000gt
x3

Post by aurora3000gt » Sun, 6. Apr 08, 22:56

DarrenTomlyn wrote:yay - more star wars ships...

Can you send me the ships? - (I'm assuming you're using the xsp format?). I've got all the stats already done for them - (have been getting the models from everywhere I can, (concentrating on the classic star wars, since I don't know much about the prequels) - but am still missing some, and would like some better ones where possible.).

If you'd like a list of ships I"m missing, then I"ll put them here - (if you need to see the models, go to the x-wing alliance upgrade project, though those models are far lower res.):

Z-95 headhunter - (which you have :) )
Corellian gunship
Carrack Class Cruiser
Lancer Class Frigate
Strike class cruiser
Mon Calamari Star Cruiser MC 40 & 80 variants
Victory Class Star Destroyer
TIE Avenger

Though, obviously I'll take anything - but I'll have to do some research to make the prequel stuff fit...

I'm currently working on a nice big 480 sector galaxy to play in atm, though...

please just stick to the old stuff, all that new CGI crap they did in the 1,2,3 movies recently is just childish...the originals are where the real models are, it was creative, the recent ones are more for flash and seem childish. :(

Llogeyr

Post by Llogeyr » Sun, 6. Apr 08, 23:31

Very very nice. Looking forward to the completed mod. :)

mikhailskatchkov
x3ap

Post by mikhailskatchkov » Mon, 7. Apr 08, 01:04

Yes I do agree the new stuff is childish. (episodes 1,2,3)

Dont worry the nebulon only has 1 Turbo laser, and a few small lasers, Im keeping it realistic and original acording to StarWars.

Most models arnt exactly by me, they have been retexured, extensivly edited almost redone but I cant take credit for their original work.

because of all the bureaucratic crap out there the community has been denied quility mods, because of copy right and such, you guys have nooo idea of the possibilities, If only there were no restrictions.

aurora3000gt
x3

Post by aurora3000gt » Mon, 7. Apr 08, 03:38

now that you've answered my prayers to keep the ep. 1,2,3 stuff out...when can I expect this to grace my computer? I can tell you honestly that you'll be doing X3 a service because I know that there are 2 people that would go buy this game the day you say your mod is complete...that's all they ask me when they come over and see this game "any new star wars ships? Is there a way to get everything to be starwars ships" etc. etc. :D

...therefore egosoft should let you do as you please :)

mikhailskatchkov
x3ap

Post by mikhailskatchkov » Mon, 7. Apr 08, 04:05

Well yes I could make x3 completely Star Wars but that would be a TC mod, first mod will be an addition to the x3 universe with new systems and races.

I'm thinking of posting a basic version of the mod in about 2 weeks, this mod will not have landable planets as of yet and I doubt I'll get the Alliance and Empire to fight by then.

The mini mod will include the following ships.

A-Wing
X-Wing
X-Wing XJR
Z-95 head hunter
Y-Wing
YT-1300
Millenium Falcon
Gallofree Medium Transport
Lambda shuttle
Imperial Landing Craft
Action6 transport
Corellian corvette
NebulonB Frigate
Venator
Imperial Star Destroyer
Tie Fighter
Tie Bomber
Last edited by mikhailskatchkov on Mon, 7. Apr 08, 18:00, edited 2 times in total.

aurora3000gt
x3

Post by aurora3000gt » Mon, 7. Apr 08, 05:07

mikhailskatchkov wrote:Well yes I could make x3 completely Star Wars but that would be a TC mod, first mod will be an addition to the x3 universe with new systems and races.

I'm thinking of posting a basic version of the mod in about 2 weeks, this mod will not have landable planets as of yet and I doubt I'll get the Alliance and Empire to fight by then.

The mini mod will include the following ships.

A-Wing
X-Wing
X-Wing XJR
Z-95 head hunter
Y-Wing
YT-1300
Millenium Falcon
Lambda shuttle
Imperial Landing Craft
Action6 transport
Corellian corvette
NebulonB Frigate
Venator
Imperial Star Destroyer
Tie Fighter
Tie Bomber
could you include the correlian transport (the hoth one you've got posted) in this mini mod as well or is it not completed? I'm a trader so anything that's not TP or TS is just eye candy flying protection laps in my systems :)

Kowareta

Post by Kowareta » Mon, 7. Apr 08, 05:33

Wow, this is all very exciting. I finished X2 last year and I've just started X3, so by the time you grace us with the completed mod I should be just starting to get tired of the X universe... and that would really make the game worth while again for me. ^_^

jumanji

Post by jumanji » Mon, 7. Apr 08, 12:35

mikhailskatchkov wrote:<...> the nebulon only has 1 Turbo laser, and a few small lasers, Im keeping it realistic and original acording to StarWars. <...>
actually the intended armament is quite nicely shown here:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/EF76_Neb ... rt_frigate

so 1 turbolaser is WAY too little. Almost all sources state armament is:
  • Taim & Bak XI7 turbolasers (12)
    Borstel RH8 laser cannons (12)
    Phylon Q7 tractor beam projectors (2) (docking spots)

ps.: the unstripped version of nebulon. found it on the net as alternative to rebel version we see in the S5/6.
credits to the author at http://www.theshipyards.net/id4.html
[ external image ]

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”