TLasers + TBullets

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

doubleshadow
x3

TLasers + TBullets

Post by doubleshadow » Tue, 21. Feb 06, 11:09

In the last few days, there have been a lot of questions/problems related to lasers and bullets.

I did some tests and found some interesting facts, but unfortunately I wasn't able to find the main thing I was looking for.

TLasers

I was able to add 3 additional lasers (indexes 29, 30, 31) and make them compatible with Split Mamba. the weapons were working w/o problems (except the missing tooltips and the need to add the weapons through the HUD).

You cannot add more lasers in X3E because of internal limits. Does X3 have the same limits i.e. max of 32 lasers? According to my previous tests, no.
However this does not mean that X3E is doing things bad nor does this imply that X3 is using 64 bit masks as was suggested.

I don't believe that X3 is using 64 bit masks because I run a simple test: I've manually (in text editor ;) ) assigned the laser mask to value of 2 ^ 32 which should enable the 33rd laser. However I was not able to mount a s... (you get the idea).

Post by Lh_J led me to interesting theory about the 2 indexes in TLasers.

What if one of the indexes is telling x3 the "bit position"? This would mean that by enabling for example bit 3 would allow me to mount all lasers with index set to 3. Sounds great - doesn't it?
Unfortunatelly someone forgot to tell the Egosoft. So no - it does not work this way...

What are the indexes in TLasers:

- offset 5 is "index" as far as I know it is not used in any way (but further tests may be necessarry)
- offset 9 is "bullet index" - the laser will use bullet based on index supplied here. It is no longer truth (maybe it never was?) that the bullets are bound to lasers by their position in the file (as we believed it was in x2).

Thanks to Lh_J for pointing my attention to the indexes.

I was able to create my own mass driver with my own bullet which is using different damage level and custom body file.

What is needed to find out: how the laser mask really works. You should have knowledge about binary numbers and how overflow works in integers before you go to find out.

TBullets

There is a lot of unknown values, but I don't bring any news about them. Instead I will tell you how certain value which was believed to be "known" really works.

Bullet type (offset 12) - this number is in fact a bit mask (yeah - again :) )
What does it do? Well I don't know exactly that's why I'm posting this whole thread. Basically the flags alter some properties of the bullet.

What I found so far:

(first number is decimal bullet flag, second is in binary)

Code: Select all

repair las.   162   10100010
kyon            2         10
ion            20      10100
mass dr        96    1100000
shockwave       8       1000
flak          256  100000000
tractor         2         10
pac             1          1

mass dr + repair laser=?

tractor + kyon = beam weapons?

possible bullet flags:

0 - no special effect
1 - ? (pac)
2 - beam (tractor, kyon, repair, las tower)
4 - ? (ion) - zig zag?
8 - areal effect (shockwawe)
16 - ? (ion)
32 - ? (mass drv, repair las)
64 - (mass drv) - ammo eat
128 - (repiar las) - repair
256 - explosion effect (flak)
MassDriver:
64 means "use mass driver ammo" - if not set, the weapon uses energy instead

I have no idea what the 32 is for. When I removed it, my mass driver was still working ok, no visible change. What on earth has repair laser in common with mass driver :?

Ion Disruptor:
4 - is making the "zig zag" effect. When not set, the weapon fires forward (and eats energy faster imho)

Particle Accelerator Cannon
1 - I have no idea - the flags is only set in Beta PAC, not the Alfa

Flags that are not tested but seem straightforward:
2 - beam effect - present on all beam weapons
8 - areal effect - present only on PSG (need to test what exactly it does)
256 - explosion/flak effect - present only in the flak bullets (need to test what exactly it does)

TMissiles

Here is similar breakdown of TMissiles flags by halo112358.

So that's all for today :)

I (as the rest of the people here I'm sure) would really appreciate if someone could play with the flags for a little longer and find out more.

When determining what the "flag" is doing, bear in mind that what you see is combination of "launch effect", "body file" and possibly the flag itself.
Last edited by doubleshadow on Fri, 28. Apr 06, 08:15, edited 2 times in total.

-XTM-
x3

Post by -XTM- » Tue, 21. Feb 06, 11:21

You can almost do anything with Bullets, missiles and effects combinations,
When I'm done with the most anoying scenefile in the history of scenefiles (Xenon Q's...I should have called it the Xenon FFS :evil: ) and the update for the M7 mod is done, and more is done (so that's summer 2020) I'll make a detailed report about how and what for each combi.

You can also look at the Enhanced Weapons Effects Mod to see how you can change bullet behaviour very easy (realy there is nothing to it, if you want you can have a Ion gun which shoots Hornet missiles in it's arcs which then explode at the end).

The next update of the EWFX mod will have different missile explosions (cause currently you need a telescope to see a Firestorm impact) and many different/modded bullets.
The Xtended Mod

Need Help?

Ask Questions / View the FAQ's at TheXUniverse Forums
Read the News on Mod Developments at our Website

Augustini
x4

Post by Augustini » Tue, 21. Feb 06, 18:54

With index 2, you can make any weapon in the game a beam weapon like kyons. The bullet for the mobile drilling system looks really cool as a beam laser!!

With the index for the Ion Disruptor, any bullet will be turned into a beam weapon that does not need to be aimed much, instead it will jump from ship to ship and can in turn cause tremendous damage to a group of enemies (and friendlies) if overwhelmed.

lostami
x3tc

Tbullet/Tlazer files, how to edit them?

Post by lostami » Tue, 6. May 08, 12:09

Okey i found the Tbullet and Tlazer files in all the cat files!

what i want to know is a step by step, how to guide on how copy the "concussion impulse generator" yet make it a "New" weapon seprate from the "concussion impulse generator"!

And how to edit the damage on this "New" "concussion impulse generator" and ONLY this new gun.
Name in EVE online: Nogc Blast

DaveyP
x3tc

Post by DaveyP » Tue, 6. May 08, 15:14

I think you'll find this is covered in one of the guides.

lostami
x3tc

Post by lostami » Tue, 6. May 08, 21:09

link please..... :?

shilhi
x3tc

Post by shilhi » Wed, 7. May 08, 03:27

I would like to see that. I would like to see a Rapid Firing Concussion impulse gun. One thats as fast as the Alpha PAC or the Alpha IRE.

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Wed, 7. May 08, 04:45

lostami wrote:link please..... :?
I'd suggest that DaveyP's post should have been enough info to go on. :roll:

First thing you should do if you are looking for any information is to check the stickies at the top of the forum. They are there to provide convenient places where people can find information.

Looking at the stickies, one should leap out at you - 'TUTORIALS and RESOURCES + Activating the Script Editor/Galaxy Editor'. A pretty good bet that guides might be found here.

Going into this sticky, the one which will likely help you is Information on Adding Lasers and Bullets by DoubleShadow

I'm helping you now to give you the benefit of the doubt that you really couldn't find the info after looking, rather than the less pleasant alternative that you didn't bother trying... :wink:

lostami
x3tc

Post by lostami » Wed, 7. May 08, 06:16

that was a complex post with no info regarding my question.

NEXT!! :evil:
Last edited by lostami on Wed, 7. May 08, 06:38, edited 2 times in total.

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Wed, 7. May 08, 06:27

lostami wrote:that was a complex post with no info regarding my question.
If that is a comment regarding my post, I gave you a direct link to info which looks like it would be of help to you.

If it was in regard to the info in that thread, I can't help you further.
NEXT!! :evil:
When requesting information, courtesy is advised. Demands are usually answered by silence.

lostami
x3tc

Post by lostami » Wed, 7. May 08, 06:39

I just looked at all the threads that link lead to and any after that.
None are help full to my question.

the thread you sent me was talking about parts of the Tbullet and Tlazer files that they did not know what they did.

and if they don't know what they do I know i don't :lol: .

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Wed, 7. May 08, 06:47

Once more, check the sticky thread. I remember seeing at least one more guide which looks to deal with the format of the Tlasers file. There may also be one to help with the Tbullets format.

If you have specific queries about anything in any of those threads, which you can't find information about after looking for it yourself, post a question in those threads.

lostami
x3tc

Post by lostami » Wed, 7. May 08, 07:02

Okey I found the Tbullet and Tlazer files in all the cat files!

what I want to know is a step by step how to guide on how copy the "concussion impulse generator" yet make it a "New" weapon seprate from the "concussion impulse generator"!

And how to edit the damage on this "New" "concussion impulse generator" and ONLY this new gun.

KilleRTidE

Post by KilleRTidE » Wed, 7. May 08, 11:20

Editing a laser or bullet is like editing a ship. You have a file ( TLasers ) that handles that. In that file, you have all the info needed to edit the laser, individually. You'll need whoever to make a new mod or false patch to apply those deffenitions. The file is amazingly straight forward... Trust me when i tell you that i don't say this often ;)

Eladan is correct thou, you need to be carefull in your words because, most people belive that they learn faster by reading the guides present at this forum.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”