Sector Planner v1.5 - NOW RELEASED (1 October 2005)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gazzareth
x2

Post by Gazzareth » Wed, 28. Apr 04, 17:00

Easy enough - double click on the sector that you want to "edit", right click on the factory you want to "delete" in the stations list and click "delete".... It is then history !!

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Wed, 28. Apr 04, 17:03

Cheers, now I'm happy...

mogsey2003
x2

Post by mogsey2003 » Wed, 28. Apr 04, 23:15

*Bump*

Good Work

Krevel
x3

Post by Krevel » Thu, 29. Apr 04, 00:36

As I've already posted, this is a masterful piece of work. I do have one suggestion, though: a separate list of sectors so that one could pick a sector by name.

If you haven't already downloaded this thing, what the hell are you waiting for?

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Thu, 29. Apr 04, 01:18

A few more items for the wish list for this masterpiece:

1. Keyboard shortcuts and/or buttons on the toolbar to open the station roster and station calc. Keyboard shortcuts are nice when using a laptop... :)

2. The ability to enter the selling and buying price of own factories immediately after adding them (on the same screen). Maybe by selecting the option from a right-click menu or another tab?

If no. 2 is implemented no. 1 is not that important. Well.. none of them are really important, but you know what I mean... :P

Regards,

X-it

Darkhold
x4

Post by Darkhold » Thu, 29. Apr 04, 01:20

2. The ability to enter the selling and buying price of own factories immediately after adding them (on the same screen). Maybe by selecting the option from a right-click menu or another tab?
He's been planning this for awhile and it keeps getting put on the back burner. I'd GUESS it'll be in the next major release.

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Thu, 29. Apr 04, 01:34

Sounds good. Thanks! :)

Trevelvis

Post by Trevelvis » Thu, 29. Apr 04, 13:26

Sorry a bit thick just downloaded this and put all my factories but not sure what does putting in Jumps do and why and what is the difference with putting in docks and what does it mean . Sorry if question a bit strange but just not undrstanding it all Thanks

Gazzareth
x2

Post by Gazzareth » Thu, 29. Apr 04, 14:54

"Jumps" indicates the distance to include on the supply / demand calculations, and "Docks" as to wether to include "Equipment Docks" in the calculations or not !!!!

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Fri, 30. Apr 04, 01:10

Hi folks,

I've been away on business for a few days and unfortunately have been unable to get online during that time.

However I have managed to find a bit of time to at least fix the issues with the factory calculator et al in the current development version.
X-it wrote:1. Keyboard shortcuts and/or buttons on the toolbar to open the station roster and station calc. Keyboard shortcuts are nice when using a laptop...

As Darkhold said, (2) has been on the agenda for a while, although I plan to get it into the next release. However the effort required for the shortcuts is almost zero, so I will implement that also. Any suggestions on key combinations?

Ctrl+r (station roster)
Ctrl+Shift+c ??? (station calc) or maybe this should be an "F" key?

Comments are welcome!

Cheers

LS

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Fri, 30. Apr 04, 21:07

Sector Planner v1.2 released

It contains the following new features:
i) Now prompted for resource prices when adding a new station (you can cancel out if you don't want to set prices yet).
ii) Shortcut keys for factory roster, station price calculator and greatest needs calculator (F2-F4 respectively).
iii) Hitting escape on the search results will now return you to the Find dialog so that it is easier to perform multiple searches.

Also the following bug fixes are included:
i) The scroll bar now goes to the maximum value in the resource price dialogs (station calc and setting stations buy / sell costs) - Apparently Microsoft describes the behaviour that caused this as a "feature".
ii) Station calc no longer starts with the product set to 0 selling price.
iii) If a station was set to have a zero selling this is now correctly displayed when the prices are edited again.

As usual you can download it from:

http://lordsuch.does.it/
OR
http://www.lagerchurch.com/lordsuch/

Unless there are any show stopping bugs, I will be leaving the development of Sector Planner for a week or so (mainly so I can actually play some X2!).

I would like your feedback and suggestions for features as I'm clean out of ideas for further development.

Cheers

LS
Last edited by LordSuch on Mon, 28. Mar 05, 03:25, edited 1 time in total.

Grey Mark
x3

Post by Grey Mark » Sat, 1. May 04, 08:51

Great!

Thanks for the effort, I would have liked to do something like Sector Planner, but don't have either the time or the skills.

Personaly I would like to be able to print some/all of the info, but may have to sneak a new computer or laptop into the house, so that I can check stuff while in X2. (Don't like the switching method, as it always looks as if it is going to ctd or something).

The manual is also a bonus and very welcome.

Darkhold
x4

Post by Darkhold » Sat, 1. May 04, 09:34

The manual is also a bonus and very welcome.
Glad to see someone is reading it. :D

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Sat, 1. May 04, 12:57

Great work - both of you!

Well since everything I've requested so far have been implemented, I would very much like:

- A feature that can predict next weeks lotto numbers here in Norway.

- The ability to connect my vacuum cleaner to the USB port of the PC, and then it would be able to perform what an average housemaid is cabable of - including cleaning the windows and make dinner.

- Keyboard shortcuts for taking out the garbage, bringing in the newspaper and explaining the meaning of life.

Seriously - I don't think I've seen any program being updated so quickly before. Thank you very much again for this wonder! :)

Regards,

X-it

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Sat, 1. May 04, 13:09

Grey Mark wrote: Personaly I would like to be able to print some/all of the info...
The printing option is definitely being considered at the moment. Over the next week I want to collect suggestions from the users of Sector Planner on what they would like to see in the next release.

So please let me have your suggestions....

Cheers

LS

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”