Will we be seeing a patch to keep us busy before Christmas?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Wed, 16. Nov 16, 18:30

:) ....not walking 500 more though.....

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Wed, 16. Nov 16, 21:38

RAVEN.myst wrote: I'm not aware of any "no-Steam" executable for Rebirth as there is for TC/AP
It officially exists, the no-Steam executable is called the GOG version. In GOG.com, X-Rebith is shelled DRM free.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Thu, 17. Nov 16, 14:04

Ya know what I find disappointing. Most game devs dont learn from thier mistakes, and take no ones feedback. The biggest complaint they understand is Players want another ship. So thats what we'll get, another (1) ship to fly. and then they will just release X Rebirth 2 with a slightly different story set a few years after X Rebirth 1. Next time I'll refrain from pre-ordering.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 17. Nov 16, 16:49

It's one thing being disappointed by something that's happened, but if you make something up (which is, incidentally, contrary to hints that have already been given) and are then disappointed by it then that's your own lookout. :P

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Fri, 18. Nov 16, 05:11

@CBJ

Can you at least tell us if Egosoft is still working on XR or if we are ever going to get fixes for 4.0 bugs ?
It's been a while since we got any official word about XR. Can you please clarify if XR is abandoned or devs are still working on it ( to dispel rumors) ?
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Fri, 18. Nov 16, 07:39

Has Egosoft ever abandoned a title? Once you answer that question, you can give yourself an answer.

Tho admittedly they are really slow on polishing last dlc and remaining bugs.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Fri, 18. Nov 16, 08:07

Abandoned as not fixing big things such as AI..... Yes they can fix some small things but they won't matter much in quality of gameplay. Even older titles can use a lots of fixing and polishing.....

I hope you are right about slow polishing..... All though it would be more logical that they are working on new game becuse XR is mostly abandoned by most players. No point fixing something hand full of people are playing. Personally I would love to see XR for what it could/should have been but i don't think it is going to happen.
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Fri, 18. Nov 16, 18:02

Nikola515 wrote:@CBJ

Can you at least tell us if Egosoft is still working on XR or if we are ever going to get fixes for 4.0 bugs ?
It's been a while since we got any official word about XR. Can you please clarify if XR is abandoned or devs are still working on it ( to dispel rumors) ?
Seconded, it would be wonderfully convivial if there could be some indication if XR has reached its 'use by date' from the point of view of future development.
Or if there are Plans

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Tue, 29. Nov 16, 18:52

Well I am glad to see that Ego is honouring my request for no release info until after the 2nd week in December.... :)
563 miles move is a long move.
But the laptop is out already and a snippet of theme music surely would not go amiss......

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Tue, 29. Nov 16, 20:51

Just linking to the Thread "Will there be an x rebirth 4.5?" in the X Rebirth Steam Forums, a small, tiny really, snippet of information there.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/2870/disc ... 792709581/
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 29. Nov 16, 20:55

Thanks for highlight Santi!

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 29. Nov 16, 23:07

Would be nice if they posted such tidbits on this forum, as well. After all, it is their forum, unlike Steam's. :roll:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

foxxbl
x4

Post by foxxbl » Tue, 29. Nov 16, 23:49

Santi wrote:Just linking to the Thread "Will there be an x rebirth 4.5?" in the X Rebirth Steam Forums, a small, tiny really, snippet of information there.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/2870/disc ... 792709581/
Thank you for this info!!
A Christmas gift (I hope) for us!
E pur si muove!

But as Nanook said, it would be nicer to have this information here in the Egosoft forum :)

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Wed, 30. Nov 16, 18:41

They are posts made at the spur of the moment, you get most of them here, a very few in the Steam X Rebirth forums, and as I recently found out, some of the Devs are active in Reddit as well, X Rebirth section: https://www.reddit.com/r/XRebirth/

And there is always someone that will provide a link or a translation to something a Dev had said out of the official forums, so we really are not missing on anything.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

Senner

Post by Senner » Wed, 30. Nov 16, 22:47

Great news! If they do another update I would probably get hooked again and definitely feel like I got my money's worth for this game.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Wed, 30. Nov 16, 23:29

I'm more interested in information about next title than XR update it self. Knowing that they are working on new title XR update wont be as big and game changing as people think (I hope I'm wrong). I just don't wont to get my expectations up and get disappointed in the end. All though I'm happy that XR is not 100% abandoned.

Another thing I want to point out to Ego is that they need to share as much as information as possible about next title. I was looking at games sales and games such as Watch Dogs that had rough start and overhype didn't end well. For example Watch Dogs 2 sales are pretty bad (60% down compared to WD1). So sharing as much as data as possible or changing name to something else than XR 2 would be good idea. My point is if No Mans Sky just announced that they are making NMS 2 how many people would actually buy/preorder game ? Both games had bad starts and missing features (more or less) so I hope everything works out well for you.

The Q
Pancake Award Winner 2017

Post by The Q » Thu, 1. Dec 16, 11:37

Nikola515 wrote:Another thing I want to point out to Ego is that they need to share as much as information as possible about next title. I was looking at games sales and games such as Watch Dogs that had rough start and overhype didn't end well. For example Watch Dogs 2 sales are pretty bad (60% down compared to WD1). So sharing as much as data as possible or changing name to something else than XR 2 would be good idea.
Wait a moment. Firstly what is the connection between telling as much as possible and the release and bad sales of Watch Dogs 2? Having a look at sales, advertising and reviews Ubisoft did a better job with advertising Watch Dogs 2 in the way that their advertising campaign described the actual features of WD2 and their implementation better than those of WD1. Thus WD2's initial reviews are much better. Nevertheless, they experience the drop in sales as you mentioned. Secondly, why do you consider "sharing as much as data as possible" to be an equally good solution to changing the game's name? I mean I understand the desire to know a lot about a game to make yourself a proper picture of it. Although I think we have seen in the past often enough that this only makes sense if you can keep your promises. Thus I don't know whether "telling as much as possible" is really the term I would use here. Yet the assumption that changing the game's name would achieve the same, nullifies your statement that as much as information as possible are really needed. Thirdly, what is a name change supposed to achieve anyhow? I think it's without doubt that as much as the second X game of the old X series wasn't called X: Beyond The Frontier 2, the sucessor to X Rebirth won't be called X Rebirth 2. Yet since the new game will unquestionably have something to do with the X universe, its name will also reflect that. More importantly since Egosoft only has that one franchise the comparison of a new game with the last is inevitable.
Morkonan, Emperor of the Unaffiliated Territories of the Principality of OFF-TOPIC, wrote:I have come to answer your questions! The answers are "Yes" and "Probably" as well as "No" and "Maybe", but I'm not sure in which order they should be given.
xkcd: Duty calls

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Thu, 1. Dec 16, 18:10

RAVEN.myst wrote:
CommanderTM wrote:non-devs rarely know the difference of good in paper and good in reality.
+1 (Sadly, though, sometimes devs also can't make that distinction - quite often, in fact, if we look at the gaming industry as a whole and see just how much rubbish is out there that was professionally developed and published, some of it by top-profile giants in the industry.)
Ironically, this is posted in the Rebirth Forum.

The Q wrote:Thirdly, what is a name change supposed to achieve anyhow? I think it's without doubt that as much as the second X game of the old X series wasn't called X: Beyond The Frontier 2, the sucessor to X Rebirth won't be called X Rebirth 2. Yet since the new game will unquestionably have something to do with the X universe, its name will also reflect that. More importantly since Egosoft only has that one franchise the comparison of a new game with the last is inevitable.
But that is also the catch here. The new game will probably be boasting the X again, but how will it be marketed to the "new audience"?
From the makers of Rebirth? Well, lets take a look at that. Metacritic 33; mostly negative... How do you expect the sales will go?
From the makers of TC/AP? Hey, they were good games. But will the new game be like them? Sure, sales will probably be a lot better, but imagine the backlash if the game is nothing like them, but more as Rebirth. And even with "TC/AP" people will look at the previous game and come back to Rebirth. Ahem... maybe wait.

As for the original post, I will direct you to The Q's signature.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Thu, 1. Dec 16, 18:32

Reason why I'm saying is because of Egos past experience on how much information we get. They give us as only minimal information and people started to speculate too much on it. Here is some examples:

We will be able to fully customize our ship. Turns out it was only hand full shields and weapons.
We wont able to fly cap. ships but we will be able to tell them where to go. We have minimal control over them and most of commands are useless (or AI is to stupid to do them).
It would be good idea for them to actually give us idea what to expect or risk getting bad reputation again. I personally don't expect much from them but I'm just one of many players.

I was saying about game name because XR is labelled as bad game from the start and giving X Rebirth 2 would be turn off for some people because they would compare it with first one. Like Watch Dogs people didn't want to second one because how disappointing first one is. It hand nothing to do with marketing.... I went to blogs and main reason people wore complaining is first title and that is reason why they didn't want to get second. I personally don't agree with them but that is not the point.... Also I herd that they have lots of problems with WD2 so ill just wait until next sale (perhaps they should give us working game on start) :wink:

So my point is sharing more info or explaining how game will actually work will help with a lots of misinformation in future(as long as they don't lie). Changing name to X something else would help as well to sales to some extent.

SpaceProbe

Post by SpaceProbe » Tue, 13. Dec 16, 18:09

came here because of patch rumors...... would be a nice little X-Mas present. New XR patch and new infos about the next game would put me in hype mode

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”