X3TC / X3AP Patch 2015

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

roundowl
x3ap

Post by roundowl » Mon, 23. Nov 15, 19:27

Don't you hate it when you protect a convoy in your M6, cruise alongside them, and after another wave of enemies you click on a cargo ship, reach out for that target menu, and then just about miss the follow button, selecting Autopilot:Attack? And then immediately afterwards the convoy you're supposed to protect is red, and your Vidar shoots all 14 EMPC's at once, leaving only memories of that convoy? And now whole sector is red, and some Argon Cerberus is turning towards your station, and initial rockets start flying into it?

Yeah, in a 2015 patch, if it will exist, I'd love to have that button removed from the target menu. There must be a failsafe mechanism for something that can turn into full scale war.

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Tue, 24. Nov 15, 08:45

roundowl wrote:Don't you hate it when you protect a convoy in your M6, cruise alongside them, and after another wave of enemies you click on a cargo ship, reach out for that target menu, and then just about miss the follow button, selecting Autopilot:Attack? And then immediately afterwards the convoy you're supposed to protect is red, and your Vidar shoots all 14 EMPC's at once, leaving only memories of that convoy? And now whole sector is red, and some Argon Cerberus is turning towards your station, and initial rockets start flying into it?

Yeah, in a 2015 patch, if it will exist, I'd love to have that button removed from the target menu. There must be a failsafe mechanism for something that can turn into full scale war.
I have to say, in 12+ years of playing in the X universe this has never happened to me :P
One workaround for you might be to press SHIFT+A to activate the default autopilot action for a targeted ship - follow

I very rarely use the left-click context menu in flight, I press "i" and use cursor keys to scroll through the menu when there's no short-cut key. much safer as rather than select the wrong autopilot action I usually end up shooting the target by right-clicking - damned muscle memory!
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

e1team
x3tc

Post by e1team » Sun, 6. Dec 15, 20:43

Please fix the Teladi Albatross not being able to pass through gates while IS. Don't know if the issue has been addressed in AP but in TC it caused me a lot of pain :(
"I feel like that's not the way fantasy space travel works in the real fantasy universe."
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]
Freya Nocturne's Sigantures

phantomrock2
x4

Hallo

Post by phantomrock2 » Sat, 12. Dec 15, 01:53

Will there be a update or not..?
Someone official answer please
Thank you
Danke
[" thank you "]

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Sun, 13. Dec 15, 00:51

In my opinion there won't be. This thread serves as idea-pool for Egosoft' next game.
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

Post by Cursed Ghost » Tue, 15. Dec 15, 02:46

I'd like to see the Teladi and Paranid get a new destroyer like how the other races have. Also it would be cool to add in a Xenon M0, a big bad boss to take on in the xenon core. A xenon equivalent to the Valhalla but even bigger and more powerful. Make it not boardable, and only one exist at a time.
Would be nice if the current m2+ ships could get some fixes as well the Pteranodon for example it’s supposed to be a super m2 but when you look at the stats its actually pretty mediocre and stats wise isn’t much better then the Boreas the only thing that makes it in any way useful is the fact it can equip PALCs which actually give decent defence against missile spam and the fact that the player can control the front guns but other wise it’s a heap of underpowered garbage made more so by the fact that PALCs are broken and need to be fixed

for a start the Pteranodon needs a proper selection of weapons equivalent to other capital ships and it needs more speed and manoeuvrability or it needs more shields but since split are all about speed then it should get a speed and manoeuvrability upgrades because right now there is nothing advanced or super about this ship the Boreas is better its also needs its other stats increasing because its not really any better stats wise then a standard cap ship

Talking of the Boreas since the Boreas and Tyr are so closely matched I’d apply some upgrades to the Boreas to make it a fair contest I’d increase its shields back to 5GJ and I’d increase its weapons slots to match the Tyr I’d also increase the cargo bay of both ships to 10,000 tons to make sure that both can be fully equipped with the most powerful weapons and still have room left to carry jump fuel and missiles in addition I’d make the front guns on all capital ships controllable by the player

As for the Valhalla, Megalodon, Kyoto and I all of them would get new smaller models and would have there number of hard points and number of shields doubled they are supposed to be super cap ships after all so therefore should have twice the number of guns as a standard cap ship and twice the shielding so all of them would get 12 GJ of shields the Pteranodon however wouldn’t the Pteranodon instead would get only 6GJ of shielding but would get its speed and manoeuvrability doubled instead.

Also one of my biggest issues with AP is the retarder missile spam there is no way in hell a pair of 5mil ship should be able to decimate an entire fleet of ships in about 20 seconds if ego do nothing else they should sort out or remove M8s and M7M for being game brakingly overpowered either that or they should implement a proper antimissile system that is able to deals with the massive missile spam that players are subjected to one m7m spamming missiles from halfway across the sector is bad enough but 4 m7m and a couple of bombers and assorted other fighters corvettes frigates and cap ships all spamming missiles is way to much and there is simply no counter except to leave the sector it is completely unfair and renders all ships no matter how powerful completely impotent

The only possible counter is massive retaliatory missile spam the issue there is actually being able to have enough ordinances to keep your ships supplied I mean I used 160 typhoons in about 10 seconds when I called in my Xenon I to help me this afternoon because of the computers completely unfair and completely unbalanced RRF cheating which wouldn’t have been so bad if not for the fact that the entire RRF fleet was spamming me with missiles don’t know if this might have something to do with the fact that my combat rank is at Conquer and the fact that my rank with the Terran and ATF is as low as it can get but even so that’s just a bit much and really spoils the game and to be honest I wish there was a way to turn the RRF and missile spam off until such time as it gets fixed

I’d also implement point to point jumping without jump bacons the computer can already do that and so should the player you would of course have to have explored the sector already however to supply jump coordinates

Id also fix the bug with the lead target assistance indicator because I’ve noticed that when playing in a cap ship with guns that have a 6.6km range when I get to 6.6km the lead target assistance indicator doesn’t appear it’s only when I close to about 4km that it comes up which makes long distance fire difficult because you have to guess where to shoot this is mostly an issue with the Pteranodon as that’s the only cap ship where you can control the guns but none the less it’s an irritating oversight that should be fixed

Id also give the computer piloting lessons because right now fleet operations are pointless because the computer can’t fly which is another massive irritation if I attack one cap ship with 2 there is no way in hell I should be loosing one of my ships my target should be dead before either of my ships drop below 50% but because the computer cant fly when I try I always loose one of my cap ships so I’m actually better to just fly it my self which I hate doing because all cap ships are un-flyable they’re too slow and un-manoeuvrable to fly with the classic flight mode

Id also fix the emergency jump because it doesn’t work despite the fact I have all my ships set to jump away at 50% they never jump when they drop to less then 50% shields not sure if this is true in TC as well but it certainly is for AP

Id also apply the thumb screws to the staff running the player HQ to make them work faster because they are too slow I’d increase the speed at which all operations on the player HQ run by a factor of 100% while I understand the desire for realism operations at the player HQ should not be taking days real time I should be able to build/RE/repair ships in just a few minutes so a 48 hours build time should become 48 minutes and under 10x seta that becomes about 5 minutes which is much more reasonable

I’d also find a better way to handle fleet logistics because the current system is horrible and extremely tedious and entails an enormous amount of unnecessary micro management that should be handled automatically via the auto resupply settings if the ship is out of ordinance it should go and reload and then return to it’s previous operation automatically while this would entail a little setup to begin with once the setup is done you never have to touch it again because the computer will handle it for you according to the settings you choose this is of course another alternative to my other previous suggestions on this matter

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Tue, 15. Dec 15, 03:06

Sorkvild wrote:In my opinion there won't be. This thread serves as idea-pool for Egosoft' next game.
If it were for the "Next Game" then I think the questions would probably be asked in the Rebirth forum, doesn't make much sense asking for feedback on a different game on a very different engine.

Anyway, at the risk of being unpopular and even though I would love to see some fixes and "stuff" in X3 I really can't see a business justification for a patch, I mean, how many people are playing X3TC/AP right now? And more importantly, would keeping those (few?) fans loyal increase the likelihood that it would really boost the sales of Rebirth or the next game? It's more in my interest that Egosoft have cash-flow from selling games so that there is a "next game" - hoping it's the successor to X3 we're really holding out for!

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Tue, 15. Dec 15, 03:41

Cursed Ghost wrote:Would be nice if the current m2+ ships could get some fixes as well the Pteranodon for example it’s supposed to be a super m2 but when you look at the stats its actually pretty mediocre and stats wise isn’t much better then the Boreas the only thing that makes it in any way useful is the fact it can equip PALCs which actually give decent defence against missile spam and the fact that the player can control the front guns but other wise it’s a heap of underpowered garbage made more so by the fact that PALCs are broken and need to be fixed
I think the whole point of the Pteranodon is PALC. I have mine fully kitted out with 8 PPC up front and PALC everywhere else, I wouldn't trust the AI with it and again that's not the point, that's why is has a main battery up front - for you to fly it.

So I'm going to sound all "OMG this ship like pwns sectors totally" but it does, more than any other ship since the Skirnir in TC. The two side turrets (16x PALC) can face fully forward and following a couple of volleys of PPC, courtesy of your trigger finger, anything in your path is melted in seconds, literally! It is already the fastest M2 in the game, it already has the best steering of any M2 in the game, it carries 16 fighters, has 10GJ of shields and freakin' laser beams coming out of its backside! What more do you need ;)

There aren't many true quests left in X3 and scouring UFJD sectors and mission capitals for enough PALC to kit out one of these bad boys is a real achievement. To slap a few IBL/PPC into the side turrets and send it away for OOS defence duty would be a sad fate for this monster.
As for the Valhalla, Megalodon, Kyoto and I all of them would get new smaller models and would have there number of hard points and number of shields doubled they are supposed to be super cap ships after all so therefore should have twice the number of guns as a standard cap ship and twice the shielding so all of them would get 12 GJ of shields the Pteranodon however wouldn’t the Pteranodon instead would get only 6GJ of shielding but would get its speed and manoeuvrability doubled instead.
I don't know what game you're playing but in my X3AP Universe the Megalodon and I already have 12GJ of shields and the Valhalla/Kyoto have 14GJ and I don't know why you want the Pteranodon to have its shields dropped to that of an M7? And if they're "super cap ships" why have a smaller model?

It's been said a few times before in this topic but I will wholeheartedly agree again with the requests to tone down the RRF but as for ship changes I really don't think you can please everyone so I will look to mods for augmenting the game mechanics and hope not too many changes to ships are made. Vive la différence.

Graaf
x3tc

Re: X3TC / X3AP Patch 2015

Post by Graaf » Tue, 15. Dec 15, 06:27

Bernd wrote:One idea that we thought about a lot was to make better use of the ability to draw graphs and use them for station information logging (prices / ware amounts etc)
KlausM wrote:(4.0) Trade improvements: Graphs showing market developments over time, a best deal finder and many UI improvements to make trading easier.
Whatever you do please keep Rebirth out of X3. Thank you.

calimar42
x3ap

Post by calimar42 » Tue, 15. Dec 15, 14:42

MarvinTheMartian wrote:I mean, how many people are playing X3TC/AP right now? And more importantly, would keeping those (few?) fans loyal increase the likelihood that it would really boost the sales of Rebirth or the next game? It's more in my interest that Egosoft have cash-flow from selling games so that there is a "next game" - hoping it's the successor to X3 we're really holding out for!
Well, not sure about the others, but I am. Came to it late (bought it on steam just before X-Rebirth's launch) and loved it through and through.
And I'm playing now - as in: I'm at work and the CLSes on my home PC are SETAing through the Hub plot. So... right now. :D

I'll drop my .02 - this kind of games is the kind that keeps people latched for a long time. A company that does not forget or forsake them and takes even minor steps to make life easier to its baseline players is one that you want to buy games from. So if they think they DO have the "firepower" for a patch, even a relatively small one, that means "we do care. We want you to have fun".

Oh and btw, since this is my first post... gotta say you guys are a great community. I've been scouring these forums for years, but just got the account.
I'll just leave it here.

Fly safe.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Tue, 15. Dec 15, 16:23

MarvinTheMartian wrote:Hephaistos Corp. is already a signed script which is a great addition, however, I don't expect it will condense your complex to the point of identical factories being overlaid on one another which is what I do and one of the reasons I'm looking for OOS station building - both from an aesthetic/framerate point of view and the relative crudity of stations linked by tubes.
Maybe Litcube's Saturn Complex Hub can help you with this problem.

It adds loops with single end products as single stations (can be bought at various sizes). Easy build process, no economic cheats.. just dont run out of roids :)

gbjbaanb
x3tc

Post by gbjbaanb » Wed, 16. Dec 15, 20:31

MarvinTheMartian wrote:
Sorkvild wrote:In my opinion there won't be. This thread serves as idea-pool for Egosoft' next game.
If it were for the "Next Game" then I think the questions would probably be asked in the Rebirth forum, doesn't make much sense asking for feedback on a different game on a very different engine.

Anyway, at the risk of being unpopular and even though I would love to see some fixes and "stuff" in X3 I really can't see a business justification for a patch, I mean, how many people are playing X3TC/AP right now? And more importantly, would keeping those (few?) fans loyal increase the likelihood that it would really boost the sales of Rebirth or the next game? It's more in my interest that Egosoft have cash-flow from selling games so that there is a "next game" - hoping it's the successor to X3 we're really holding out for!
See for yourself:

http://steamcharts.com/cmp/2870,201310,2820

You can see the numbers for TC+AP together are way more than "the new game" (don't want to even say Reb..). Then you have to consider that you have to play "ToG" on steam, whereas TC and AP have the no-steam exe that you must use if you want to play a mod, so those games likely have a lot more players than shown.

calimar42
x3ap

Post by calimar42 » Wed, 16. Dec 15, 21:31

I see a lot of you seem to not like rebirth much; can you tell this noob what's bad about it? :) thanks!

pref
x4

Post by pref » Wed, 16. Dec 15, 23:16

Imagine a guy selling food from his small shop. Decent food, lots of people like it.
One day this guy finds a shiny new marketing book, reads the whole thing and likes it so much that he tries to do every trick he finds there and be mcdonalds.
He does not have money for the full show, so the food is 'almost' like mcdonalds, and there aren't all the accessories telling you how much you do like mcdonalds - but if you like mcdonalds anyway, it's fine. Otherwise you can imagine i guess..

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Wed, 16. Dec 15, 23:57

It is not just about Egosoft not doing a X3 sequel though.
X:R has a large number of design flaws, no matter who did it and how it is called. I will not enumerate them -
you will find easily those on reviews and posts in the X Rebirth forum - it is not the right topic here.
Right on commander !

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 17. Dec 15, 01:56

calimar42 wrote:I see a lot of you seem to not like rebirth much; can you tell this noob what's bad about it? :) thanks!
Geek is correct. Please confine posts about Rebirth and/or prospective new games to the Rebirth forum, or to the Off-Topic forum. This is not the forum for such discussions.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Thu, 17. Dec 15, 07:55

gbjbaanb wrote:See for yourself
Interesting, I guess you can't discount word of mouth recommendation, that's how I got into X2 all those years ago.

Anyway, not wanting to push the point, just saying that I'm very loyal to this game, franchise and I guess to Egosoft, as I consider I get a crazy amount of value from this game over any others (even AAA) I've bought for much more and, while I'm turned off by micro transactions and subscription models, I'd quite happily buy into significant DLCs once a year or so as ES have done well with the series so far (albeit on a less frequent basis) as a sustainable income that will keep me hooked for years to come.

I'm not sure what my point is really other than I'm happy to have free patches on a years old game but not at the expense of getting a new game and engine that includes the features of X2/3 that make it such a deep, immersive game and, let's face it, so addictive!

calimar42
x3ap

Post by calimar42 » Thu, 17. Dec 15, 08:35

Nanook wrote:Please confine posts about Rebirth and/or prospective new games to the Rebirth forum, or to the Off-Topic forum. This is not the forum for such discussions.
Point taken, my apologies.

WinterSnowfall

[X3AP] Owned ships detail window not tweaked for high-res

Post by WinterSnowfall » Thu, 17. Dec 15, 21:07

[ external image ]

Original rez: http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w49 ... xzha8f.jpg

Pretty much self-explanatory I think, but to go a bit into detail: when an owned ship has an assigned order and a home base, the ship detail window (any player owned station -> owned ships -> select any ship) text will clip - ETA information is lost.

Seems like this was one of the windows that was not resized in AP.

Would love to see this fixed in the future, as I was using the ETA info in some cases (for micro-management mostly).

*** Edit: Resized posted screenshot so it would comply to forum rules ***

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 21. Dec 15, 20:00

There is a possibility of a patch for X3AP as discussed in this thread (though obviously it won't be in 2015 now) but no firm decision has been made either way. You can replicate or link your report in that thread <Now merged. AP> to maximise exposure, but of course that doesn't guarantee it will be done. Looking at it, though, if we do work on a patch, then it should be a fairly easy fix and therefore a good candidate to get into the schedule.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”