[3.0] Ship not being built - or slow build

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mylo-s
xr

[3.0] Ship not being built - or slow build

Post by Mylo-s » Sun, 14. Dec 14, 06:06

Hello,

I created a massive empire in 2.x and after I started the game in 3.0, a ship in DV's shipyard is either not being built or the build is taking forever. I also cannot see any construction drones at the construction site.

Can anyone else replicate the problem?

is it a save corrupt or a mod conflict? I do run a number of mods.

Attached is my savegame file.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7t07fulaarf8z ... 4.zip?dl=0

Many thanks

Mylo-s

ty_cho
x3tc

Post by ty_cho » Sun, 14. Dec 14, 07:22

Don't have time to check the save right now, but if I had to guess, the station lacks a resource or 2 to build the ship. NPC ships are built all the time in the DeVries shipyard (and albion/omicron as well), but the DeVries system lacks almost all of the resources to keep it stocked, so building stalls right away. Apparently NPC builds don't make sure the station has the required resources before starting the build.

If it is your ship being built, same thing, and you can actually check that by talking to the ship dealer again and there should be a "check resources" dialog option.

Mylo-s
xr

Post by Mylo-s » Sun, 14. Dec 14, 08:36

I should have mentioned that there are enough resources for the ship build. If you check savegame, there are over 600 hours put into this particular save. I built a number of ships in DV.

I keep replicating this problem with the same save. I also waited for a while and the shipyard built a NPC ship.

It almost looks like that the build is done really slowly and that there are construction drones missing.

werewolves?
x4

Post by werewolves? » Sun, 14. Dec 14, 08:56

I had a bug when upgrading a game to 3.0 where all constructions drones were "in use" at shipyards. So the construction was happening with no drones and was really, really slow.

There is a thread in the beta forum on it with a way to edit your save game. Might be worth trying.

D.O.S.
x4

Post by D.O.S. » Sun, 14. Dec 14, 12:46

Here's a link to the Beta Topic http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=373294

And the related Quote
D.O.S. wrote:Same Problem for me
I have found a Savegame edit workaround for new Ship construction / modifercation.

SORRY this will not fix allready stuck ships & may Break your Ship Yard ! if its has stuck production (NOT FULLY TESTED on stuck Yards)

This fix will work if there is no stuck construction sites & the drones are still showing as in use. As in my example below

Save_01
I have just noticed on my visit to the HOA shipyard in Gemstone Manufacturer that there were No ships been built but all of the construction drones were in use

PIC https://www.dropbox.com/s/ocay14u37kxmq ... 9.jpg?dl=0

Save_02
I ordered the Arawn I had come to build after finding no PMC owned Arawn to cap in the universe. The shipyard has all the required resources to build the ship

Save_03
I have now waited for a min or two to let my new ships construction start
There is no Construction

Save_05
This is a edited Re-save of (Save _01)

Using Notepad+ I searched for this line

Code: Select all

"units_size_xs_welder_drone_macro" amount="72"
(Edit the amount="XX" to the amount of drones @ your shipyard)
And found This

<ammunition>
<available>
<item macro="missile_turret_dumbfire_macro" amount="1200"/>
<item macro="units_size_xs_welder_drone_macro" amount="72"/>
<item macro="units_size_drone_attackdrone_impulse_mk1_macro" amount="48"/>
<item macro="units_size_xs_transp_empty_macro" amount="72"/>
<item macro="units_size_xs_albion_police_car_macro" amount="48"/>
</available>
<unavailable>
</unavailable>
</ammunition>
After checking the Numbers matched The Above Pic I Edited it to this

<ammunition>
<available>
<item macro="missile_turret_dumbfire_macro" amount="1200"/>
<item macro="units_size_drone_attackdrone_impulse_mk1_macro" amount="48"/>
<item macro="units_size_xs_transp_empty_macro" amount="72"/>
</available>
<unavailable>
</unavailable>
</ammunition>

By deleting the Line <item macro="units_size_xs_transp_empty_macro" amount="72"/> from under the line <unavailable>
Saved & the reloaded in game reordered my Arawn & construction started immediately

Save_06
Arawn is under construction

Save games https://www.dropbox.com/s/1q13g9p16nf83 ... 9.rar?dl=0

NOTE THIS Workaround only resets the drones for new ship Orders / Modifercations it will not un-stick ones that are already under construction / modification SORRY

@ Mods if you feel that this post should be moved to the Scripting & Mod forum Please do so
As i say in the Quote this fix won't fix the allready slowly building ship but will fix all FUTURE Builds / Modifercations
OS:MS Windows 10 Pro x64 / Cpu: AMD-FX Piledriver 8350 @4.0Ghz / Mb:GA-990FXA-UD3 / Memory:16Gb DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Tactical @1866
Gpu:Gigabyte Nvidia 770GTX 4GB GDDR5 / Storage:Crucial RealSSD M4 128GB System, WD Caviar Green 2TB HD Data & Games / Display:24" Asus VG248 1920 x 1080 @144Hz + Nvidia 3D Vision Kit
Input Devices:Razer Deathstalker / Razer Oruoboros / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / BroadBand:EE 4GEE MobileBroadBand (50Gb PCM)

Mylo-s
xr

Post by Mylo-s » Sun, 14. Dec 14, 17:52

The ship eventually got finished. It took some time for this to happen.

I have to say that I am a little bit disappointed that I have to edit save game for something that was picked during beta testing. I thought editing the saves was a matter of past. During v1.x, I spent more time editing saves than actually playing the game.

Thank you for your link to the solution. I will give it a try.

Many thanks

Edit:
Well, I have just checked my save game and all I have to say is that this is an absolute garbage. I checked a number of lines for the <unavailable> "ammunition" <item macro="units_size_xs_welder_drone_macro" and there are so many of them everywhere, including some of my construction vessels.

How do I know which one is a bug and which one is as intended to be (e.g. Station or Construction vessel using them at the moment)?

I really do not want to edit my saves any more.

Egosoft, please why could not this be fixed before the release of v3.0?

Please fix.

eXodL

Post by eXodL » Mon, 15. Dec 14, 09:44

Happened to me as well. Had 2 ships in construction at Gemstone Manufacture and only one of the yard segment was actually completing the ships. Checking the other segment status, was always showing "waiting for drones", so I thought that the entire shipyard is sharing the URV drones (since 3.0). Seems it is a bug after all.

D.O.S.
x4

Post by D.O.S. » Mon, 15. Dec 14, 12:14

Mylo-s wrote:The ship eventually got finished. It took some time for this to happen.

I have to say that I am a little bit disappointed that I have to edit save game for something that was picked during beta testing. I thought editing the saves was a matter of past. During v1.x, I spent more time editing saves than actually playing the game.

Thank you for your link to the solution. I will give it a try.

Many thanks

Edit:
Well, I have just checked my save game and all I have to say is that this is an absolute garbage. I checked a number of lines for the <unavailable> "ammunition" <item macro="units_size_xs_welder_drone_macro" and there are so many of them everywhere, including some of my construction vessels.

How do I know which one is a bug and which one is as intended to be (e.g. Station or Construction vessel using them at the moment)?

I really do not want to edit my saves any more.

Egosoft, please why could not this be fixed before the release of v3.0?

Please fix.
Open up the stations info screen like the picture in the quote & take a pic showing the units. only stations have Police Macro's

the code should look almost the same as in the code box above & check with the your screen shot that the numbers matchup before editing i only had to do this once per capital shipyard & they have not bugged since posting
OS:MS Windows 10 Pro x64 / Cpu: AMD-FX Piledriver 8350 @4.0Ghz / Mb:GA-990FXA-UD3 / Memory:16Gb DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Tactical @1866
Gpu:Gigabyte Nvidia 770GTX 4GB GDDR5 / Storage:Crucial RealSSD M4 128GB System, WD Caviar Green 2TB HD Data & Games / Display:24" Asus VG248 1920 x 1080 @144Hz + Nvidia 3D Vision Kit
Input Devices:Razer Deathstalker / Razer Oruoboros / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / BroadBand:EE 4GEE MobileBroadBand (50Gb PCM)

Arcast
x4

Post by Arcast » Sat, 20. Dec 14, 18:03

Ship building, repair etc. are broken in 3.10. Construction and repair now take too long no matter the resources or drones the shipyard has.

J. Spartan

Post by J. Spartan » Fri, 26. Dec 14, 22:44

No kidding... I just managed to "break" the Plutarch shipyard by ordering the construction of a CV. The order goes through fine, but the ship never starts to be built. The funniest thing is that when I ask the shipbuilder about the resource status, it shows "needed resources" for one of my already EXISTING Taranises, and ofc the list is completely empty.

So the guy takes my money, doesn't build anything and now even the XL shipyard is stuck. What's going on??? :(
"Give a man a bullet, and he'll want a gun. Give a man a gun, and he'll be giving away the bullets."

Solidsnook
x4

Post by Solidsnook » Sun, 25. Jan 15, 13:29

Happened exactly the same way for me, everybody told me I was Hallucinating.

In my case, an Arawn disapeared right out of the shipyard, then stucked everything. happened elsewhere with other ships though....

BDelacroix
x3tc

Post by BDelacroix » Wed, 18. Feb 15, 23:18

Alright, I've tried using the search function here for this issue. I haven't seen anything talking about it.

I am noticing that the shipyards around my game are all beginning to show ???/ 240 units. ??? as a unit name, ??? in stock and ??? in use.

I suspect this is related the extremely slow ship building times.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”