[Request] Shipyard replenish resource

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Krunch
x3ap

[Request] Shipyard replenish resource

Post by Krunch » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 23:09

A lot of us are experiencing issues with shipyards running out of resources when building ships. Even if we wanted to fill the shipyard using freighters the legit way, there is no way to know what resource the station requires to finish the job. Also, there does not seem to be any AI traders willing to fill up the resources of the station so once a station runs out of resources that shipyard pretty much becomes useless.

So for the mean time(Until Egosoft comes out with a new way of dealing with this issue) if there would be a mod that would replenish resources on the shipyards automatically after a period of time it would be nice.

Thanks

Related topic: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=4223751

Patrin_Sartan

Post by Patrin_Sartan » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 08:20

+1. Station in DeVries runs building Taranis ship and stopped at 0% progress. So i can't use that dock :evil:

Silberhase
x3tc

Post by Silberhase » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 08:43

Freegame or Campaign?

I think in the campaign its suppos to go so in DeVries, cause you knou know, they have no resurces at the moment you meet them, so it would look strange if they could unlimitet produce ships. :?

But I had this situation once and it sucked, i invested over 20.000 K Cr. in a ship (all of my money by the way) and it stoped building at zero %.

Zakuak

Post by Zakuak » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 16:40

Agreed, a mod of some sort that addressed this would be sweet.... there is a save game XML way of fixing this but a mod that addressed it and continued to address it would be sweet!

It would allow us to play the game and not have to fish about in our XML saves all the time...

I want to play but it seems I spend more time hunting down XML cheats then playing game lol

bbeach
x4

Post by bbeach » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 16:54

I'm not saying that XR shouldn't add this. Just throwing it out there that this happened to me all the time in X3. I need energy chain bolt guns so I have to babysit a chain gun forge with freighters (and sometimes babysitting the suppliers with freighters as well) keeping the forge stocked and buying every time it had produced a few of them so they didn't get snatched up by a trader.

I'm not saying it's awesome gameplay or anything, but look at the supply chain. Most likely if you follow it back you'll find that it needs drones (paying +15 percent), so you go to a drone fab and they're selling drones for(+15%) because they're low on stock, and then you'll see that they're buying optical wiring for (+15%) and go to the tech fab and you'll see that they're selling optical wiring for (+15%) because they're low on stock. None of the AI traders want to make 0 proffit or take a loss on a trade, they don't care if your ship completes, they just want profitttttttsssss. Or all the trade ships derped out and goods aren't being moved around anymore (That's happened on a few of my games)

What would at least be helpful for those that don't want to break their economic simulation is some sort of readout that tells us exactly what the station needs to finish our job (because we don't care about profittttttsssss we just want our damn ship).

"Hey this is Buzz Armstrong, your ship order has been delayed due to supply issues. If you want your ship done faster could you pick us up some self sealing stem bolts?" Kind of mission thing.

my 2 cents.

Zakuak

Post by Zakuak » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 17:15

Well said bbeach.

I'd like to have an idea as to whats going on so that I can take measures to expedite and or fix the situation.

In my case I have no other freighter to secure goods and get this ship built...I need a freighter to haul goods so I can get my freighter for hauling goods built.

bbeach
x4

Post by bbeach » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 18:29

Technically, your ship order is queued, it just needs resources. Once the resources flow, the ship will be built. So really the problem is fixing the supply chain so the economy doesn't break down for too long.

I could see two things to fix for this situation.

1) Fix trading so that the supply chain doesn't break down.
2) Add a check for resources before allowing a ship purchase, and warn the player that the resources aren't available and give them an option to "Go ahead anyway..." or "Nice talking with you... Not."

I've been looking into the trading problem. I've found a bunch of symptoms and fixing them makes it better but it doesn't fix the cause. I'm still investigating.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 19:07

part of the problem is that it would cost billions to establish a Devries supply chain

everything requires fusion reactors and fusion require basically every good in the economy :/
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

Fenris159

Post by Fenris159 » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 19:37

I believe it wouldn't be too much trouble to make a mod that pulls up another info window when buying the ship that tells you what resources are currently available to the shipyard, because when you buy the ship the info is sent to the macro from somewhere. The only thing we would need is some kind of button or action menu that when selected before clicking buy changes all those resource requirements to 0. That will load into the script and shortcut having to edit the xml. If any mod developers would like to give it a go I have some info on what needs editing in this post:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=4229024

bbeach
x4

Post by bbeach » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 20:09

Sandalpocalypse wrote:part of the problem is that it would cost billions to establish a Devries supply chain

everything requires fusion reactors and fusion require basically every good in the economy :/
Right. So the problem is that the supply chain has been broken for a while and depleted back way too far.

It's going to take a lot of work to figure out exactly what is breaking down. Is it because there aren't the right stations in the area to supply? Is it because the ai for the traders is derpy and ships are just sitting around doing nothing. Or is it because a ship loaded with high end goods got blown up and created a huge wares vacuum?

The first case (especially for ships) is a bad thing. IMO the economy should be relatively stable with no player involvement. With some sectors being more abundant in some resources than others so there is a bit of a Galactic economy.

The ship loaded with goods blowing up and causing a shortage? That's just good simulation and helps to make each game of XR that you play have it's own challenges.

We can roughly check out the supply chain even if the traders aren't running. Map out every sector and every station and keep track of what produces what. Find out all the production rates and dump it into a spreadsheet. See if it's even numerically possible for the economy to be stable on its own.

Until the traders are trading properly, then there really isn't a whole lot we can do to "fix" the problem. We can gloss over it with a cheat, but really you could just edit the save game file to boost the resources at the shipyard so your ship gets built.

I don't want to dump time into a cheat script that won't be relevant in a month.

Zakuak

Post by Zakuak » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 00:27

Well that is understandable bbeach.

Anyone recall where that thread on how to alter the stations resources via XML save is at??

Ive got a 27mb xml sheet open lol and that is a lot of lines to digest...

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”