Rebirth release date. - Part 2

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 7. Jun 13, 16:33

Tri Synergy are not exhibitors at E3 but they will be there.

Deepsilver are the publisher in Europe and are responsible for the boxed copies of the games, as they have been with all the X series games since X2. As Cycrow said, Enlight were the last US publisher we had, but there was no US publisher for our more recent games so some US retailers may well have imported the European version. Things get more complicated for other parts of the world; there have been various different arrangements for Australia in the past, for example, and I don't know exactly how things will work this time.

theeclownbroze
x4

Post by theeclownbroze » Fri, 7. Jun 13, 16:49

well when i bought the x super box and before that bought x2 the threat back in 2006 they all had deep silver logos on them, which must mean here in Australia the retailers and games stores are just importing the European versions here.

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Fri, 7. Jun 13, 16:50

CBJ wrote:there have been various different arrangements for Australia in the past, for example, and I don't know exactly how things will work this time.
Direct download from the Egosoft site, as a non-steam encumbered version? :wink:

Hey, I'm allowed to try, aren't I? :)

Dr2i

Post by Dr2i » Fri, 7. Jun 13, 21:20

CBJ wrote:Yes, I can confirm that Tri Synergy are our new US publisher. We will not be attending E3 ourselves, but I believe they will have a representative there. I don't yet know in exactly what capacity they will be there, what they will be showing, or to whom, but I'll let you know if and when I find out more.
The lack of information in this post is very disturbing. You could have simply said idk
I'm naturally unfriendly sometimes. Don't take what I say too badly.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 7. Jun 13, 21:46

eladan wrote:
CBJ wrote:there have been various different arrangements for Australia in the past, for example, and I don't know exactly how things will work this time.
Direct download from the Egosoft site, as a non-steam encumbered version? :wink:

Hey, I'm allowed to try, aren't I? :)
Not in this thread. :P
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

kosh03055

Post by kosh03055 » Fri, 7. Jun 13, 23:34

Cycrow wrote:
BarrenEarth wrote:
CBJ wrote:Deepsilver have never represented Egosoft in the US market.
Gee that is funny... All and I mean every single box of Egosoft software I bought at stores here in Detroit Michigan have Deep Silver's logo on it and never have I even heard of Tri Synergy.
you sure you didn't just buy the european version ?

previous games were published by Enlight in the US.
But for TC, there was no US publisher, some game stores just imported european versions to sell
[/quote]

The copy of TC I purchased in Nashua, New Hampshire says published by IGS Interactive Gaming Software. Are they now Enlight?

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Fri, 7. Jun 13, 23:45

Fallent wrote:Haven't seen CBJ or any of the other Devs post here in a pretty long time... I think they are avoiding this thread :lol:

Seems mods are running the show, and they're as clueless as the rest of us are!
I think they wore all in hiding :roll: Did you hear about UFO attack in Germany :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0fGd7qC ... ture=share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcNIL8HL ... ture=share
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 8. Jun 13, 02:42

kosh03055 wrote:The copy of TC I purchased in Nashua, New Hampshire says published by IGS Interactive Gaming Software. Are they now Enlight?
Oh, I forgot all about IGS. They were not Enlight, no. They published a boxed edition of X3TC, so it was only X3AP that didn't have a US publisher at all. Well, that and X-Tension but that was way back.

kosh03055

Post by kosh03055 » Sat, 8. Jun 13, 18:11

Hey CBJ. A year or so ago, you got a lot of the developers to post just to say they're still there and working on Rebirth. Is it possible to get everyone to post again and have them say what aspects of the game they are working on? (Without breaking any NDAs of course) Would be nice for those of us new to the X-Universe (started on TC 2.0) to know who the developers are and what parts of the game they work on. I just know there has to be more then just the few people we saw in those short video clips.

Edit: I guess this is a little off topic. If the developers agree to this, maybe one of them could start a new thread.

innerorbit

Post by innerorbit » Sat, 8. Jun 13, 21:36

Tri synergy publishing Rebirth ?

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/142330/x-rebirth-lives possible end of year release ? i hope so. :)

Resplendent Indignity

Post by Resplendent Indignity » Sun, 9. Jun 13, 22:31

I didn't see any such release on Tri's website.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Sun, 9. Jun 13, 22:52

zavvi.es a uk store for Spain is reporting July 26th!

I just came and hit www.egosoft.com and it redirected directly to http://www.egosoft.com/games/x_rebirth/info_es.php so I almost had a heart attack thinking it was now being announced for inmediate release...

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 00:50

innerorbit wrote:Tri synergy publishing Rebirth ?
Resplendent Indignity wrote:I didn't see any such release on Tri's website.
A few posts back was just discussing Tri Synergy being the NA publisher for Rebirth, and CBJ confirmed it on the previous page. Amazing how many questions can be answered just by reading back a little.

Phinixa
x4

Post by Phinixa » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 02:32

ezra-r wrote:zavvi.es a uk store for Spain is reporting July 26th!

I just came and hit www.egosoft.com and it redirected directly to http://www.egosoft.com/games/x_rebirth/info_es.php so I almost had a heart attack thinking it was now being announced for inmediate release...
Jep, I had also a heart attack xD Not only the spain website has changed. German version too. This must be a sign!

Please EGOSOFT/Tri Synergy, show us X:R on E3!!!

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 03:11

Phinixa wrote: This must be a sign!
Quick, someone find Bernd's likeness in a burnt piece of toast!

Seriously though, it's nice to hear that there's at least some measure of progress (no matter how ambiguous). But I'm not getting myself worked up until I see an explicit date on Egosoft's home page.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Cowski
x4

Post by Cowski » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 04:23

And still no useful info at all here. Droll conversation at best.

Back to Star Citizen' web page. Too bad too....rebirth had some good stuff going for it, too. I had high hopes for it. :cry:

Said it once & will continue to say it....At this rate, SC will be out before rebirth. :(

BarrenEarth
x3

Post by BarrenEarth » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 04:44

Cowski wrote:And still no useful info at all here. Droll conversation at best.

Back to Star Citizen' web page. Too bad too....rebirth had some good stuff going for it, too. I had high hopes for it. :cry:

Said it once & will continue to say it....At this rate, SC will be out before rebirth. :(
The truly sad part is many here are too arrogant to think that it doesn't matter if SC is out first or not.

Sibilantae
x3tc

Post by Sibilantae » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 07:22

BarrenEarth wrote: The truly sad part is many here are too arrogant to think that it doesn't matter if SC is out first or not.
Why would that be arrogant?
(Oh no, you forgot to close the parenthesis! Someone might get in!

The_Mess
x3tc

Post by The_Mess » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 09:46

SC is very much a different beast to X:R due to the lack of buyable and buildable stations, player influenced economy, and lack of AI controlled ships you can buy and make use of, so there's somewhat different markets niche space for each title.

Main draw for SC though will probably be instanced PVP, which appeals to the old freelancer crowd + the faction system, whereas the trade system will probably be semi-static and thus lack the dynamic nature of EVE's economy or the more mechanical system in the X games (to date, X:R might be a bit more dynamic).

Oldman
x3tc

Post by Oldman » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 10:38

Cowski wrote:...
What!?...I haven't completed my comp. upgrade yet for this game! :o
(I'd better get my finger out...sharpish :) )

Still...there's roughly 7 months left before 2013 ends, and I have a gut feeling X Rebirth will be released sometime in November of this year...or it just could be that I haven't had breakfast yet :wink:

Oldman :)

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”