[Script] Combat SQUASH Mine Launcher

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Killjaeden
x3tc

[Script] Combat SQUASH Mine Launcher

Post by Killjaeden » Thu, 24. May 12, 21:36

Combat SQUASH Mine Launcher
German Thread

This script enables your ship to drop SQUASH or other mine types (no ore mines though =P) with the use of a hotkey. The launch mechanism has 3 modes: Unfused Ejection, Dumbfire and Programmed Fuse. The first mode just drops a Squash mine the same manner as if you would just eject it from your cargo hold. The other two modes will detonate the mine automatically after launch depending on the fuse. The modes can be cycled through with another hotkey. Your ship has to have Special Software MKI installed before the launcher can be used.

Bigger ships will launch multiple mines in a salvo: M1, M2, TL and M7 will launch five mines, TM and M6 three. All other ships only launch one at a time. Between each salvo the mechanism has to reload, the boardcomputer will inform you when you are ready to fire again. This handy mechanism seems to be favored by pirates and other shady folks, their ships are usually equipped with an improved version with faster reloading capabilities.

Unfused Ejection:
The mine (SQUASH, Ion, Tracker or M/AM-Mine) just gets dropped - you have to activate it via the command menu like usual. As they are not fused the mechanism can reload much faster then with the two other modes. The mechanism is ready after the loading sound stopped.
when selecting Betty says "Ejecting"

Dumbfire:
The mine get's ejected and will explode automatically if you are in a distance of ~ 1.75km, provided you keep your speed and course that you had on launch. It basically works like a WW2 destroyer depth-charge in space. Beware: An explosion might set off another mine placed after the first one
when selecting Betty says "Target lost"

Programmed Fuse:
The fuse get's programmed based on distance and the speed of your target, so that it will explode right in the face of the enemy pilot if he follows you in a straight flightpath. It needs 1 computer component per mine to program it. It also needs a moving target obviously, and the target has to be within 15km range upon launch. Otherwise the fuse will revert back to dumbfire automatically instead. The downside of this mode is, that the fuse won't care about your safety.
when selecting Betty says "Target on"

Sidenote if you have never had the pleasure of using SQUASH, Ion, Tracker or M/AM-mines:
1.75km is the minimum safety distance to a mine explosion. A mine deals a damage the equivalent of a 75k yield missile at ground zero. The damage reduces with the distance to the centre of explosion.

Do i have to mention that mines are full of dangerous high explosives? Use them with care ;)
Mines, especially SQUASH mines are notorious for their error-proneness- make sure your ship has sufficient shielding to absorb a possible malfunction when fusing a mine.

Installation:
put everything into the scripts folder in your gamedirectory | or extract the zip into your gamedirectory

Deinstallation:
Manually execute the KJ.CSML.uninstall script to remove the hotkeys, then delete all script files with KJ.CSML in the name.

[ external image ]

Compatibility:
Gameversions-> works with X3TC as well as AP
other scripts/mods - as long as your game has SQUASH Mines in it, it will work :)
No commandslots or t-files where harm... err used.

Versions:
V1 - Release

This is my first script that is longer then 3 lines, so if you are an advanced scripter and have any advice, i would be happy to hear it.
Last edited by Killjaeden on Mon, 28. May 12, 14:39, edited 3 times in total.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Thu, 24. May 12, 22:21

This reminds me of similar script for Reunion, it was great fun using it. Use for mines, finally. Gonna test it soon.
I think it would be more realistic if player could buy such catapult from Military Depots, for the right price of course.
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Mon, 28. May 12, 14:40

users not using firefox with AdblockPlus requested another hoster because of alot of fake-download buttons
-> changed the hoster from fileupload to SS_T's X database
[ external image ]
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Baronfuming
x4

Post by Baronfuming » Mon, 28. May 12, 20:43

This sounds very interesting. I was hoping that mines would play a bigger role in combat, such as in the Banner of the Stars anime.
Fait l'argent

Chobittsu
x4

Post by Chobittsu » Tue, 29. May 12, 03:16

These are supposed to be illegal! :evil:

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Tue, 29. May 12, 05:03

Freya Nocturne wrote:These are supposed to be illegal! :evil:
They said that about space weed as well ;).
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

TouchMyNipple
x4

Post by TouchMyNipple » Tue, 29. May 12, 10:34

Does dumbfire explode the mine after time of just make it ready?
Is it possible to make a command to lay a minefeild (for example you place your route input distance between mines and it starts dropin them in Autopilot mod)?
Haste-whip TrixX!

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Tue, 29. May 12, 12:49

"Commander the corvette is under far too much pressure. The jumpdrive has been damaged. Your orders?"

Launch anti-matter depth-charges around the ship and brace for heavy damage!

I shall have to have a play with this ;)

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Tue, 29. May 12, 13:34

Does dumbfire explode the mine after time of just make it ready?
Please read the description again.
Is it possible to make a command to lay a minefeild
It would be possible scripting wise, but i don't have the knowledge to do it atm.
These are supposed to be illegal! :evil:
Hm? They still are =) At least in sectors of lower races who don't see the beauty of these little helpers.
[ external image ]

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Thu, 16. Aug 12, 09:51

is it possible to make squash mines a legal ware??

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Thu, 16. Aug 12, 10:00

No this is hardcoded and can't be changed with scripts, mods or MD.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

Alkeena
x4

Post by Alkeena » Thu, 16. Aug 12, 16:41

So I was experimenting with mines yesterday, just for the hell of it. I wasn't using this script, but it seems somewhat topical.

Do mines actually hurt big ships? I zoomed in at 300 m/s and dropped 17 m/am mines right on top of a colossus with 20ish fighters out. afterwards there was only a single fighter left (and I was almost 6 mil richer from XRMs bounty system), and absolutely zero damage done to the colossus...

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”