[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 09:35

joelR wrote:
Mightysword wrote:
joelR wrote:
Mightysword wrote:ok, going back to the shield by passing thing. I just lost another Mistral in Great Reef. This time there is no Caravel around, rather just a small group of 2 Scorpions and 2 Jaguars ... I watched the hull go from 80% (by the time I can monitor it) to 40 -> 20 -> 1 -> *puff*, during the entire time the shield doesn't drop a single unit.

And guess what? I brought up their ship description and I realize ... none of them can mount MD. The Jaguar can only mount IRE, the Scorpion can mount IRE/PBE and ... another weapon I don't remember, but it's also a low tier ... so just what is killing my traders!?!?
Are you using a Hull pack? They go a long way towards helping the OOS combat issues.

Yes, I'm running the highest hull pack. That's not the issue though, something is by passing my trader shield and it's not MD. My trader would get away easily if that wasn't the case.
There are 2 or 3 weapons that bypass the shields. I couldnt tell you what they were though.

Im surprised you are having this issue. Is it 100% of the time?

I dont see this in my game. I dont doubt you, its just odd that all OOS damage is hull only.
The only weapon that bypasses shields is the Mass Driver.

Do you have any OOS rebalance scripts installed? Its possible that there is an issue with that.

Alternatively you can try reverting back to the vanilla OOS code. Extract globals.txt from XRM part 2, open it in notepad and change this line:

SG_OOS_FIGHT_MODE;1;

Change the 1 to a 0. Save it, then drop it into your "types" folder in your X3TC install.

cptANGRIST
x3ap

Post by cptANGRIST » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 09:37

Sorkvild wrote:
paulwheeler wrote: I would like to reiterate that SS_FAC_T_DRONE is a fighter drone fab - not a freight drone fab. There are no freight drone fabs in either the XRM or vanilla.
Drone Facts produce freight drones only. I have them in my universe too right next to Drone Production Facilities producing fighter & freight drones.

Drone Facts are sold by the Argons, Split and Teladi. Interesting thing is despite race origin all Drone Facts require Massom Powder in their primary resources! Same applies to Drone Production Facilities :/

i only have freight drones build at Teladi drone factories ?
there are different entries in our Tfactories files i think
(have you installed any mod that changes tfactories ? my factories file is from XRM part two.)

down is my screenshot of factories, that can produce drones
i have seen that FreeLancer game.. (yes that was a game..)

But This is Spartaaaaa.... :)

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 09:48

Mannschaft wrote:
joelR wrote:
Mannschaft wrote:
joelR wrote:
Mannschaft wrote:Love your mod but can you guys please give the option to completely remove engine trails? I think that puffy smoke flying out the back of my ship (even if its electric blue) looks horrid and detracts from the immersiveness. The captial ships have it right. No long smoke trails. Just a jet blast coming out similar to the flame of a blow torch. XTC gave this as an option. Can you guys please do it too?
Didnt I already explain how to do this yourself in another thread?
You told me what to do but not how to do it. At any rate im starting a bachelors degree soon and dont have time to learn how to edit yet another game I get addicted to. Its a pain just getting mods working. Didnt see any harm in suggesting to them a way to make their great mod better.
I told you precisely how to do it. I think paul has better things to do than make 50 different versions of XRM to make everyone happy. It is what it is. If something bothers you, you can always tweak it yourself. Thats what modding is. The tools are out there.

So I am gathering that 1- You speak for this Paul guy 100% of the time and he obviously doesnt want to spend any more time on this project and 2- That is a lot more difficult than you let on otherwise it would have been implemented into the mod already.

You were helpful and constructive up to this point sir. Thanks anyway
Joel is quite right - I don't have the time to make 50 different versions of the XRM to satisfy everyone - I don't think 50 would be enough!

One of the main reasons for moving from the SRM to the XRM was that it was becoming unmanageable have so many addon packs trying to keep everyone happy.

The SRM was originally run by SomeoneElse. He left the community and I was left with the choice - live with the SRM how it was, or learn to mod. I chose the latter.

The XRM is what it is - if you want to change something then you'll have to learn to mod like the rest of us did.

Having said all that - getting rid of the trails is quite straight forward - but time consuming.

- Extract TShips from XRM Part 2 (or if you use a hull pack, extract it from the hull pack)

- Open it in the X3Editor2

- For each ship go to the "model" tab and change the particle emitter entry to "0".

- save and drop the TShips file into your "types" folder in your TC install.

The only issue with this method is you have to do it again every time I change TShips.

Otherwise you can edit the XRM particles3.txt and copy and paste the vanilla black smoke trail from a vanilla particles3 over all the ship engine trail entries in the XRM particles3 - just don't forget to set the correct ID each time.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 09:53

cptANGRIST wrote:
Sorkvild wrote:
paulwheeler wrote: I would like to reiterate that SS_FAC_T_DRONE is a fighter drone fab - not a freight drone fab. There are no freight drone fabs in either the XRM or vanilla.
Drone Facts produce freight drones only. I have them in my universe too right next to Drone Production Facilities producing fighter & freight drones.

Drone Facts are sold by the Argons, Split and Teladi. Interesting thing is despite race origin all Drone Facts require Massom Powder in their primary resources! Same applies to Drone Production Facilities :/

(have you installed any mod that changes tfactories ? my factories file is from XRM part two.)

You're quite right - I stand corrected.

Telaid (and Boron) Drone Fabs produce freight drones. The Argon one sells fighter drones.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 09:54

alphalvr wrote:could i ask another question, when installing the Military Base revamp into XRM do i still need to follow the instructions below off the MBR page?

i only ask cuz i did but i notice the galactic news thing doesnt seem to do anything so now im wondering :?

Required: Community Plugin Config Menu by Cycrow

Required: Galactic News System by XTC team (SPK package)

Required: Extended Communication System by Serial Kicked.

Required: JSON parser library v1.2 (thread)

Download: Military Base Response revamp spk (or zip)
You need all those things. You need to setup a hotkey for the Galactic News System. Its in the GNS where you'll find reports of invasions etc.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 09:58

e46justice wrote:Great work paul. Enjoying the game alot! Missles acting like missles is both extremly satisfying and extremely terrifying sometimes at the same moment. Lol

Small bug, marcellum relay"sp" terran sector, east gate says "w" on it.

Also boron threasher only has light wepons in its main hardpoints, i immagine thats was done for balance? Is it possible to balance it eith generator as opposed to wepon selection?

Anyway great pirate designs. Would love a fast split dragon varient. Would be scary to see 3 pirate dragons rolling at 275ms in a wolf pack. Droping in wiping frieghters, grab the goods and haul ass back to pirate space.

Anyway game is much more challanging. Thanks!
The McCallum Relay gate ID was fixed in a very early version of the XRM so you must be running a save from before then.

You'll need to start a new game as the galaxy has been significantly altered since then.

The Boron Thresher has its capital weapons on turrets for one very good reason - it evens the playing field between the player and the AI.

As the AI can't just sit still and fire, main guns in an M7 are next to useless for them. Having the heavy guns on the turrets, means the AI can fire just as much as the player.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 09:59

alphalvr wrote:
PS looking at the starts you can choose some say `TPC` after them, what does that mean?
It stands for "Terran Plot Complete". Basically the main TC plot has been set as complete.

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 10:56

paulwheeler wrote:
cptANGRIST wrote:
Sorkvild wrote:

You're quite right - I stand corrected.

Telaid (and Boron) Drone Fabs produce freight drones. The Argon one sells fighter drones.
Please remove the massom powder and add proper food wares to those fabs. Thanks.
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 11:42

I'll have a look at it - that's how they are set in vanilla for some reason.

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 12:24

Really? Somehow they manage function with massom powder, eventually someone delivers full load of it and it lasts for several cycles.
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 12:35

Sorkvild wrote:Really? Somehow they manage function with massom powder, eventually someone delivers full load of it and it lasts for several cycles.
As far as NPCs are concerned its no problem trading between races. Basically a freighter buys a ware (from its list of preset wares set by warelists) and scans for whatever stations need it, regardless of race. So as long as there is a supply of massom powder, all these stations will receive deliveries.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 12:39

BTW - lasertowers are getting an upgrade again in 1.10.

I noticed that, even after I beefed up their weapon, they couldn't hit the side of a barn as far as fighters are concerned and that was because their turning rates were set to capital ship levels.

So they will be able to turn much faster in 1.10 - even fast enough to track slower m3s as they flay past.

So beware the next time you go after a pirate base...

I've also given the LT its own beam model now (it was using the PBC one before) and I've redone all the other beam weapon graphics too.

navetta
x3ap

Post by navetta » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 12:41

i have been trying out the taipan and i find the phased array laser cannons to be really weak compared to other flak weapons. SSC for example completely smokes enemy fighters... maybe increase the damage a bit?

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 12:54

Lasertowers could get a slight reskin too ;)
We want the Boron back!

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 12:57

navetta wrote:i have been trying out the taipan and i find the phased array laser cannons to be really weak compared to other flak weapons. SSC for example completely smokes enemy fighters... maybe increase the damage a bit?
I will look at it again, but the PALC already does a lot more damage per second than any other flak weapon.

This issue is in how beams do their damage. They damage for the entire duration of the beam and only as long as ships stay in the beam. So beams are far more effective against larger ships than small ships as small, fast ships just dont stay in the beam long enough to incur the entire damage.

If I gave the PALC more damage it would be too good against larger ships. I have already shortened the beam duration so that it is more effective against small ships. I can maybe make it even shorter, but then it starts to become a brief flash and not very spectacular.

I'll see if I can find a happy medium...

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”