[TC-AP] Spike's Walkthroughs

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Spychotic
x3tc

[TC-AP] Spike's Walkthroughs

Post by Spychotic » Thu, 2. Dec 10, 21:14

Spike's Plot Walkthroughs

It happens. You're going through a plot and get lost. You're not quite sure what it is you're supposed to be doing. Maybe a trigger has glitched and you need to check it out. You're in the right place.

Welcome to the list of my walkthroughs; tomes designed to help you through plots and figure out if they've glitched complete with spoiler tags so that you don't get a hint of what comes next unless you want it.

There is one blanket rule with these walkthroughs; They are for Vanilla games, and designed to help people who will have access to realistic resources. Not modded-in super-ships (not that there's anything wrong with that, it just doesn't help those who don't have them). Common bugs will also be included. Due to the Vanilla nature of these walkthroughs, and given the notorious instability of mods at update time, it is requested that issues with modded games are kept out of these threads and instead occupy a seperate thread in the S&M forum. This is requested for all walkthroughs. It isn't due to unkindness or elitism; you would not believe some of the strange ways that mods can destroy a game that I've seen reported. Even uninstalled mods can wreak havoc, so if you've got or even had any they could well be causing the problem and this is the wrong place to look for a solution.

So, the list of Spike's Walkthroughs commences;

Click here for the starting requirements for each TC plot on the Ego FAQ.

And click here for the starting requirements for each AP plot on the Ego FAQ.

Two notes for all plotlines; Firstly, they have their own special book icon in the HUD allowing you to find them easily. Secondly; save often. You’ll regret it if you don’t.

Spike
Last edited by Spychotic on Tue, 24. Dec 13, 22:03, edited 26 times in total.
Check out the X3 Wiki!

Struggling with a plotline? Spike's Walkthroughs are your answer!

Whether you're building your first factory or a trading empire, this station management guide was made just for you.

Sp@c3Ch!mp
x3tc

Post by Sp@c3Ch!mp » Thu, 2. Dec 10, 21:23

thx and good luck with the undertaking.
Nuke 'em till they glow, then shoot 'em in the dark.

Technojerk36
xr

Post by Technojerk36 » Thu, 2. Dec 10, 21:28

Good luck on your mission :P

Also, I can't wait for the HUB plot guide :D
My "for Dummies" guides: Trade Command Software Mk III | Advanced Satellites | X3: TC (Co-author: K-64) | SETA Repair
Xenon_Slayer wrote:maybe we'll have extreme weather pingpong at some point

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 2. Dec 10, 21:40

You may find the X3 Handbook useful for this project.
Apricotslice has done most of the hard work for you .
But you will need to note any updates to various missions since then,such as the Hub requirements.

Spychotic
x3tc

Post by Spychotic » Thu, 2. Dec 10, 21:47

Apricotslice's walkthrough has helped me with a couple of things. Particularly during OFF when you get to the roulette-style missions. The only negative points about that walkthrough are that it doesn't list common bugs, isn't spoiler tagged and isn't in order. And it's for a modded game, so doesn't list tactics and strategies which might be halpful to a vanilla player who doesn't have a supertuned M7...

Otherwise, I highly recommend it.

Spike
Check out the X3 Wiki!

Whether you're building your first factory or a trading empire, this station management guide was made just for you.

Kryten
x4

Post by Kryten » Thu, 2. Dec 10, 21:57

It'd be nice to have all the walthroughs easy to access in a single post.

:xt:
X2 Vet
X3 Recruit
[ external image ]
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Spychotic
x3tc

Post by Spychotic » Fri, 3. Dec 10, 01:09

Four walkthroughs up! Five to go! :)

I'm dreading dealing with the Goner plot again. Going to do something nice and cushy like the Hub plot* next. You get your wish, TJ!

Spike

*Hub plot, cushy!?... it is when you're scripting in the required resources.... :wink:
Check out the X3 Wiki!

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Fri, 3. Dec 10, 05:48

Excellent! Your help has been greatly appreciated in other areas & I'm sure it will continue to be so with these additions

Could I make a tiny suggestion though - /please/ make sure you add which version of the game you are using throughout the walkthroughs, as some versions change certain requirements (Hub plot, I'm glaring at YOU), & if possible, keep this info updated

Many thanks
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Spychotic
x3tc

Post by Spychotic » Fri, 3. Dec 10, 13:01

Versions are covered, I think, but I can make it a bit clearer. If anyone thinks it's unclear please let me know.

In fact, if anyone thinks anything, please let me know!

Spike
Check out the X3 Wiki!

Technojerk36
xr

Post by Technojerk36 » Fri, 3. Dec 10, 17:52

If you script in the resources, how will it be a guide on what to do? :P
My "for Dummies" guides: Trade Command Software Mk III | Advanced Satellites | X3: TC (Co-author: K-64) | SETA Repair
Xenon_Slayer wrote:maybe we'll have extreme weather pingpong at some point

Spychotic
x3tc

Post by Spychotic » Fri, 3. Dec 10, 18:00

I'm scripting them in this time. The Guide has already been written based on when I did this plot through the first time in a Vanilla game. I just need to get through the plot quickly to get to the next one, and check that the resource amounts required at each stage are correct for V3.0. And check out what Mahi Ma says.

Spike
Check out the X3 Wiki!

SLUGGO
x3tc

Post by SLUGGO » Fri, 3. Dec 10, 19:22

Thanks for your hard work! :)

Godani
x3tc

Post by Godani » Sat, 4. Dec 10, 15:25

I could have sworn I was the first to reply with my gratitude and compliments... but i must have dreamed it?? :o

In any case: Thanks and well done! :)
"Eventually we must leave Earth--at least a certain number of our progeny must as our sun approaches the end of its solar life cycle. But just as terrestrial explorers have always led the way for settlers, this will also happen extraterrestrially. Earth is our cradle, not our final destiny."
Astronaut Edgar Mitchell, The Way of the Explorer, 1996

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Sat, 4. Dec 10, 15:42

scripting in the required resources....
*point* HAAAX! *CRT monitor throw* :roll:

Anyway, this is quite an undertaking you're, uh, undertaking Spychotic.
It should reduce the number of Z0MG! My pl0t isn't Working! posts on the forum. :thumb_up:
I wish you luck.
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

Spychotic
x3tc

Post by Spychotic » Sat, 4. Dec 10, 16:15

@Godani; I think you were, on one of the individual walkthrough threads.

@MotB; Thanks. That's the point; I've been criticised for 're-inventing the wheel' but the whole point of these walkthroughs over others is to outline bugs and fixes for them that existing examples are a little weak on. That was the original intention of the ANH walkthrough I made; I made the the intention of the BoP plot walkthrough and it's carried on from there.

As for scripting in resources; do you want these done by 2012 or don't you??? :wink:

*edit; Treasure Hunt plot now uploaded. Three to go! They'll have to wait a few days though, I'm busy for the next couple of days.

Update:

All walkthroughs are now finished and up!

I'm doing a bit of housekeeping with the two older ones (ANH and BoP) and then everything will be done.

Please leave feedback in the appropriate threads.

Update:

The AP plot guide is up and complete as a first draft. Still many improvements to be made but they'll come in time.

Update:

Dear all,

I'm not dead, and I will get round to doing to two new AP plots and writing walkthroughs. However, it may not be soon, because I'm busy buying a house at the moment. Never before have I cared so much about the Bank of England base rate.....

Please be patient, they will come.

Regards,

Spike

*edit; Wow, four posts in a row? I hope there aren't any moderators prowling round here.... :wink:

{Four post in to one, please use the edit button. - Terre}
Check out the X3 Wiki!

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Thu, 1. Mar 12, 20:25

*Inserts a post designed soley to break up Spychotic's monotony*

Yes, Moderators on the prowl would be bad....

Good luck on the house!
-- GD

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 1. Mar 12, 21:33

Feel free to use any or all of my rough draft in my latest story...

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... c&start=15

Have done main plot and PHQ plot so far.

Building up a little for the Hub Plot

ConCorDian
x3tc

Post by ConCorDian » Mon, 16. Jul 12, 12:17

will you be doing a write up of the Phq and Hub mini plots for AP?
find me on Steam
check out Roguey's Wiki - still under development

Bengunn
x3tc

Big Thankyou to Spychotic Re Balance of Power Plot

Post by Bengunn » Sun, 11. Nov 12, 13:58

Used your walkthru just enough info as and when you needed it. Mind you in the one scenario you did say the earth forces were dependant on rank. This became a bit of an under statement. My rank was conqueror and I had some 10 Osakas and more m3's and m4's than you could shake a stick at phew! Anyway thanks again for the info.

<Moved to Spike's thread. Alan Phipps>
Live long and prosper.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”