[SCRIPT] Benco Trade School

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Ben2006
x3

[SCRIPT] Benco Trade School

Post by Ben2006 » Fri, 2. Mar 07, 04:41

Script Name: Benco Trade School
Version : 1.00
Author : Benco Industries
Released : 3/1/2007
Updated : n/a
For Game : X3 ReUnion v. 2.0.02
Packaged : rar file using WinRar v3.2
# of Files : 5 = setup.trade.school.xml, trade.school.check.xml, trade.school.main.xml, 448460.xml, trade.school.readme.xml

Download latest version here: BenCo Trade School

For: Commercial Agents and Commodity Logistics Dudes.

What is it:

BenCo Industries has identified a growing need for a facility whereby new apprentice traders can safely learn and practice their pilot skills. Thus, allowing them to be out of the mainstream economic trading environment and allow more seasoned traders to actually trade for a station. This educational environment also allows them to be constantly flying, which allows them to gain experience much faster than if they were assigned to a Factory that wasn't selling much and already had a full supply of resource stock. So, they end up just sitting there "docked" doing nothing, and not progressing with their trade careers. BenCo Industries provides you with the opportunity to buy a school, which is a group of four special educational Factories. These factories are non-competitive with the Universe and only deal in special wares that are not generally bought or sold by anyone else. So, they are left alone for your traders to learn with. There is no "cheating" with this school. Your traders will have to work hard to earn their Pilot 1st class and Freight Pilot licenses. What's the advantage? Well, your pilots in training are flying all the time and taking special training courses at the facility, so they will graduate sooner than pilots who are out in the field, who have been placed in slow, non productive Factories. Also, you control where you want your school located, so you can chose a safe non-busy area in a safe sector for them to learn. These four factories have been designed to compliment each other in terms of products for sale and required resources. You can use this school to train Commercial Agents and Commodity Logistic 1 and 2 pilots.

How to use it:

unrar the three script files into your "scripts" directory and place the 448460.xml into your "t" subdirectory. Ie: point to the X3 Reunion folder and hit "extract".

You will now see a new command on your ship's Command menu, go to "Custom" area and see the new "Buy School" option is now available. If it is greyed out, that means you either don't have the money to buy the school or you do not have a "Trading System Extension" installed on your ship. If the command does not show up at all this means you have already bought the school. Ok, so you have the money and the TSE, so select "Buy School", now what is going to happen is that a series of four cycles is going to be presented to you. For each cycle you need to select first a "sector", then when inside the sector, move your curser (using the keypad number keys) to where you want a factory located and press enter. This will happen four times, this tells BenCo where you want your individual factories placed. Then after the last location is selected for the fourth factory, boom, BenCo will deliver your school and place each building exactly where you selected. The purchase price includes the automatic placement of 250,000 credits into each factory for you. This is required to keep them running correctly, you may have to top up this figure later on to pay for your pilot trainees wages. It is best to place four trainees at the same time in this school. ie: one for each factory. That way you get 4 graduates all at the same time and your school runs more smoothly too. But, you don't have to do it that way. Look at the products and the resources and you will soon see what is going on and how these 4 factories compliment and rely upon each other in order to run perpetualy. Don't forget to assign the "Home Base" for your trainee's ship to the desired factory, then start either the Commercial Agent or one of the Commodity Logistics Agents for that ship. When your pilot has reached an acceptable level of training for you, you can re-assign them to another mainstream factory by changing their "Home Base" setting and restarting the Commercial Agent or Commodity Logistics trade options. Don't forget to empty the dudes cargo bay before taking off with them or you will screw up the product/resource balance of your school.

It is best to place these factories very far away from each other, so the pilots can fly for a very long time between pick-ups and deliveries. This allows the pilots to fly constantly and allows time for the factories to create product. Placement: use North, South, East and West type placement of about 70 km away from the sector's center point.

Equipment Required:

Trade System Extension
3,000,000 credits (1 million of this is given back and placed into your school)

How to Un-install:

Delete the 448460.xml file from your "t" subdirectory and delete the other three files from you "scripts" subdirectory. The school will remain in your current and saved game.

Version History:

3/1/2007 Initial Release

Uses "Custom command slot # 746"
Text File used "448460"

Diablos
x3tc

Post by Diablos » Mon, 5. Mar 07, 13:19

THis looks like a great script I've not tried it yet but I'm looking forward to it :)

Bane_v2
x3tc

Post by Bane_v2 » Tue, 6. Mar 07, 01:05

A training school for freight pilots. This makes total sense. Nice work Ben!

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Wed, 7. Mar 07, 05:24

I am borg...fear my mighty fleet of...................................FRIGATES!!!!!

Your freighters will be assimilated and added to my ever growing empire of trading vessels....poor boron...(teladi included)

edit LV
------------
was there any need for this :spam: or are you just over-excited today?
(no need to answer)
Teladi Next Minute Shipping®

exelsiar
x3tc

Post by exelsiar » Fri, 9. Mar 07, 14:14

an excelent idea, i'll be taking this home and hoping for some extreamly good results ^_^

mrcann

Post by mrcann » Wed, 9. May 07, 10:10

page was not found :(

grunt-1
x3

Post by grunt-1 » Fri, 11. May 07, 06:27

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH POST WAS NOT FOUND U BROKE IT :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
wat is up gamers

ntweedie69
x2

Post by ntweedie69 » Sat, 12. May 07, 02:33

please make it work this looks so cool!!!

im fed up of my CA's taking so damn long lol

ntweedie69
x2

Post by ntweedie69 » Mon, 14. May 07, 01:26

hello??

lol can someone pls fix the link i realli wanna use this.

thanks

ntweedie69
x2

is Mr. Ben2006 still alive??

Post by ntweedie69 » Tue, 15. May 07, 01:49

hello Ben2006 can u pls fix the link on ur script!!!

thank u in advance(i hope)

Dragonteen
x3tc

Post by Dragonteen » Wed, 6. Jun 07, 04:53

Still not there :( .
"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent"-Savor Hardin

unless its against the Kha'ak or Xenon

wingot

Post by wingot » Wed, 6. Jun 07, 05:16

Dragon,

Please do not revive dead topics. Especially not to state what is already stated.

It is a matter of courtesy (and I think it might be in the official rules somewhere).

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”