Detector (Finds Abandoned Ships, Tunings, Hidden Objects) [TC][AP][ALP]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 30. May 13, 18:13

InFlamesForEver wrote:there was two crates not hidden and even after that I still kept getting told about them.

I will investigate that. Thank you for reporting it.

should this change the sound seta makes when charging up?
It depends on how you installed it. If you used the "sounds for major mods" .cat, then yes, it will change the sounds for SETA and Incoming Message. If you remove the .cat, then you will hear the more familiar sounds.

If you used the "sounds for vanilla game", then the new sounds are *added* instead of replaced. So SETA and Incoming message will sound familiar, and the new Detector sounds will be unique.

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Thu, 30. May 13, 18:16

Ahh ok then not an issue, I have XRM so used the one for major mods. Thanks for the help :)
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...
Samuel Creshal wrote:Keyboards: What separates the men from the boys.
XRM Trailer - XRM Installation Guide Video

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Wed, 12. Jun 13, 00:48

Just a quick question regarding engine tuning crates and the like, can you find them in Unknown space? I've never encountered any and was wondering if it was worth my time looking for them now I have the Aran.
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...
Samuel Creshal wrote:Keyboards: What separates the men from the boys.
XRM Trailer - XRM Installation Guide Video

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 12. Jun 13, 01:27

InFlamesForEver wrote:Just a quick question regarding engine tuning crates and the like, can you find them in Unknown space?
Of course you can!

Note that there are more Pandora Tunings in Commonwealth space than in Undefined Space, especially:
Spoiler
Show
Pirate sectors

Shiningmoonblade
x3tc

Post by Shiningmoonblade » Sat, 15. Jun 13, 10:52

Hello dr bullwinkle i'm having a problem with installation. I'm running X3 AP3.0 with your abandoned ship mod and XRM. I think i installed everything correctly manually and i got this message saying i need a ware manager installed to make this work. Can you or someone tell me what this is and where to get it please?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 15. Jun 13, 16:33

Compatibility Update

Detector
[ external image ]
Finds Abandoned Ships, Engine and Rudder Tunings, and Hidden Objects.

v1.18 for games with vanilla sounds. Minor update. Does not require the Ware Manager.
Most players should use this version.

v1.18 For Major Mods.
Does not require the Ware Manager.
(For use with XRM, XTC, and other mods that change types\Sounds.txt)

A few users reported problems using Detector with the Ware Manager, so I made it optional. If you have the Ware Manager installed, then Detector will use it. If not, then Detector will add the custom ware to Equipment Docks.

You should be able to find the Detector Scanner Upgrade ware at Argon, Terran, and Pirate docks.

"Thank You" to alt3rn1ty for contributing the great new sounds!
"Thank You" to X2return for contributing the new German language file!

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sun, 16. Jun 13, 03:49

:star: :thumb_up: :star:

Thank you DrB for taking the trouble to do that, I noticed you tweaked a few more details too .. Very nice.

I am running with this version 1.18 installed in both the setups I have, and no problems ( and prior to this version I have been running the beta you sent for testing without any issues over the last week, after I did the different setup scenario testing .. All's well here ).

.. Just in case you forgot it among everything else you are doing .. The first post title could do with a revision bump

@ Shiningmoonblade - If you haven't noticed, your question will be solved with this version of Detector. It was just a case of if you do not use the Plugin Manager ( or Cycrows Ware Manager separately ), then you would not be able to buy the Detector Ware in game .. That is no longer a problem with this version even if you do not use the Ware manager in any form.

Shiningmoonblade
x3tc

Post by Shiningmoonblade » Sun, 16. Jun 13, 04:05

Yes thankyou very much i look forward to using this mod.

Shiningmoonblade
x3tc

Post by Shiningmoonblade » Sun, 16. Jun 13, 10:15

Ok i tried it and i don't think its working.
-I Reinstalled a fresh terran conflict/albion prelude 3.0 setup from steam.
-Installed bonus pack from albion prelude downloads on vanilla copy
-Copied it to fresh folder on my desktop as a backup so i don't have to redownload.
-Recopied as a new folder and relabeled as XRM copy on desktop for gaming.
- Installed all XRM Download files fake patch method relabeling cat and dat files accordingly.
-Installed no steam patch.
-Installed ware mod for the XRM Docking computer so its back to a medium size ware.
-Installed A.S.S. as per instructions. overwrote scripts and T files.
-Installed Detector overwriting scripts and T files.
-Then loaded my save game (originally vanilla XRM save) and got a message that said i need to "Readtext 8552-2"
-I went to artificial life settings and both mods/scripts were showing, I enabled both.
- I went to all major Race equipment docks in search of the detector and there was none to be found.
- I then scratched my head. When that didn't work i decided to post here hoping you guys might know where i went wrong. Any suggestions?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 16. Jun 13, 10:20

Shiningmoonblade wrote: "Readtext 8552-2"
That means that the language file for Detector is not installed properly in the addon\t folder.

For an English game, it should be 8552-L044.xml. Adjust for whatever language you play in.

Shiningmoonblade
x3tc

Post by Shiningmoonblade » Sun, 16. Jun 13, 16:30

Sorry i'm not exactly program savvy. Does that mean i should reinstall the language file in the T file because I tried that and it didn't work. Or am I supposed open the file in Notepad and adjust one of the parameters. I just copied the entire T file into the T file in the addon(AP) file was i only supposed to choose one? Lol i guess i'm just clueless on what you mean could you clarify please. I really appreciate the time you've already put in reading my replies i really want to figure this out.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 16. Jun 13, 16:52

I get ReadText errors in my game when I use a script or mod

In what language do you play the game?

Modifying a language file (t file) for your language
Language files allow X3 scripts, mods, and missions to work in multiple languages. They are sometimes called "t files" because they are located in the t folder.

For STEAM users the default location is:

X3 AP : "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X3 Terran Conflict\addon\t"
X3 TC : "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X3 Terran Conflict\t"

Example: Detector
Detector's language "page" is 8552. So the language files are named 8552-L0xx.xml (where the "xx" is replaced by the two-digit international telephone dialing code for your country).

England's dialing code is 44, so the English language file for Detector is 8552-L044.xml

Note that there is no harm in having "extra" language files that your game does not use. The important thing is that the "correct" language file (that matches the language of your game) must exist in the correct t folder (TC) (or addon\t for AP).

Let's make an Italian language file for Detector:
  • Copy the English file to a new file. Name the new file 8552-L039.xml for Italian.
  • Open the new file with a good text editor such as Notepad++. (It is too easy for novices to make common mistakes with Windows Notepad or Wordpad, although it is possible to use them.)
  • Change <language id="44"> to <language id="39">
  • Save and close the file.

You should now be able to use Detector in your Italian game.

Tip 1: Use the same technique to make language files for all of your favorite scripts and mods.

Tip 2: If you translate the text into your own language, and test that it works in-game, then post your modified language file in the script's thread so that the script/mod author can include the language file in future versions.

Language Codes

Here are a few common language codes, although there are others:

07 - Russian
33 - French
34 - Spanish
39 - Italian
42 - Czech
44 - English
48 - Polish
49 - German

The -L089 files
Note that language 89 does not exist. Most of my scripts include a -L089 file with a descriptive file name. This file is purely for documentation -- it allows you to see, at a glance, which script goes with a set of language files. The reason for using an xml file (instead of a text file) is that the xml file tricks the Plugin Manager into installing the file into your t folder (which is where you want it).

Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Mon, 17. Jun 13, 05:11, edited 1 time in total.

Shiningmoonblade
x3tc

Post by Shiningmoonblade » Mon, 17. Jun 13, 01:23

Ok i'm in my AP addon T file and there are currently 3 files named with the prefix 8552. They are
- 8552-LO44 (English)
-8552-LO49 (German)
-8552-LO89 -- detector (all text in english)
After reading above i'm wondering, Should i only have one of these files? Should i get rid of the other two and just have the LO44 file to make this work or am i misunderstanding. Oh and to be clear i'm playing the english version. That's cool stuff to know about language and how people organize files according to the numbers and all.

Shiningmoonblade
x3tc

Post by Shiningmoonblade » Mon, 17. Jun 13, 02:06

Ok i tried something new, because i'm playing the english version my game will be looking for 8552-LO44 right so i figured i'd try renaming 8552-LO89 (which is in english text) to 8552-LO44(went in notepad and renamed the language from 89 to 44 as well) and took out original LO44 file out of the folder. Turned on game and got the ware manager message again so i'm assuming that was the original file i was having a problem with. Took that file out and placed original LO44 back in and started it up and got the readtext 8552-2 again. Ok two down one to go, I go into notepad and rename the german version language to 44 and rename 8552-LO49 to 8552-LO44 and load up the game thinking i'll learn german to play with this mod if i have to and get the readtext 8552-2 message again. So i pulled all the detector T 8552 files out to recycle bin and recopied the originals back into the T file. I'm stumped.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 17. Jun 13, 04:22

Extra language files do no harm, as long as you have the correct language file for the language of your game.

BTW, those are zeroes (0) rather than "ohs" (O).

The -L089 files are just documentation. There is no language 89. The -L089 files have descriptive names to allow you to identify which script they go with.

If your language files are installed correctly, then the other possibility is that the setup.plugin.bw.detector.pck file is missing. It should be in your addon\scripts folder.

Shiningmoonblade
x3tc

Post by Shiningmoonblade » Mon, 17. Jun 13, 06:46

Ok i checked and setup.plugin.bw.detector.pck is definitely there. I'm gonna try downloading cycrows plugin manager and see if i can get it to work that way. Honestly i really don't understand plugin manager( or even light) it doesn't give me an option to install files into my desktop folder that i use for xrm and i can't find an option to change that fact. That's why i opted to do the manual install. Maybe i missed something somewhere. Gonna retry everything after rereading installation notes.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 17. Jun 13, 06:53

Shiningmoonblade wrote:i checked and setup.plugin.bw.detector.pck is definitely there.
If the setup script and language files are installed correctly, then you should not get ReadText errors relating to Detector (page 8552). Tell me again the exact ReadText error, including the numbers? You said "ReadText8552-2", but that is not a valid number... there must be more to it? Where do you see the ReadText error?

ReadText error numbers are in the form: page-id. So "ReadText8552-2" means that the game cannot find page 8552, id 2. There is no id=2 in the 8552 language file, so that number should be impossible.

Shiningmoonblade wrote:Honestly i really don't understand plugin manager. It doesn't give me an option to install files into my folder
Settings menu; Add Directory.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Mon, 17. Jun 13, 20:00

Hi DrB

I dont know if you want to mention it but the 'for all major mods' version is also needed for the new AP 3.0 compatible CMOD4 http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 27#4077727

( I am new to using AP and CMOD4 .. My first detection since installing CMOD4 sounded like thunder :), then it dawned on me I had the full version for AP and needed to change to the for Major mods version, as per XTC and XRM )

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 17. Jun 13, 20:03

Yes, CMOD4 counts as a "major mod". :) Thanks, alternity.

rand__
x4

Post by rand__ » Fri, 28. Jun 13, 09:48

You could add support for searching the Breaking Grounds Plot item ;)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”