[MOD/Script] LI Production Modules (PM) - v7.2 29/08/2010

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Wed, 5. Aug 09, 19:27

I like the Hub model!

I think Logain Industries will be releasing a mega construction yard based on reverse engineered Xenon Hub technology. Who needs Complexes :twisted:

LA

Calm down LA, I don't want to put my FDN Mod out of a job. As MPM works in Dock & Dock pass wares to FDN! :idea: Sweeeeeeeeeeeet
Last edited by Logain Abler on Wed, 5. Aug 09, 19:29, edited 1 time in total.

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Wed, 5. Aug 09, 19:28

ehehehehhehehe :twisted:
Trade, Fight, Build, Think, Modify.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock
SIDE/TOP/FRONT Ship Size Comparison
Remember young Padawan: money stolen can be, time cannot.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Wed, 5. Aug 09, 19:30

heheheh my XL Node has 200 modules :twisted:

:lol:

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Wed, 5. Aug 09, 19:35

I've just set-up a 20 module Hub and with the it right caps feeds it's wares back to my XL Node...

No 20 stations to big Complex all over the place.

I love it when a plan comes together. I'll try and get this out asap, something to eat first.

LA

Update: I will have to make some small updates to FDN to work with MPM.
Nodes will list the wares of linked stations and wares from Docks or Node, I'll have to change a few lines to ensure they don't list the stations.
Last edited by Logain Abler on Thu, 6. Aug 09, 15:25, edited 1 time in total.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Wed, 5. Aug 09, 21:44

Learn something new every day!

You can transfer stations from TL's to EQ's, it looks like you cab do this at anything the TL can dock at!

All I've need to do is add the command a put a check for TL or Dock :)

Will test for now and upload tomorrow

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say this is going to totally change how I produce wares!

LA

Hartzaden
x3tc

Post by Hartzaden » Thu, 6. Aug 09, 23:04

LOVE IT. this has allowd me to build up a massave Keris army on the move. thanks to you you have taken the drone wars to a new extreme.

now all we need as a moble reactor to create E cells and i will never have to bother with the main races again

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Thu, 6. Aug 09, 23:11

Hartzaden wrote: now all we need as a moble reactor to create E cells and i will never have to bother with the main races again
lol :D

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Fri, 7. Aug 09, 08:08

Hartzaden wrote:LOVE IT. this has allowd me to build up a massave Keris army on the move. thanks to you you have taken the drone wars to a new extreme.

now all we need as a moble reactor to create E cells and i will never have to bother with the main races again
MPM will accept SPP :twisted:

All,

Just a quick update on progress, I’ve been tweaking things on MPM to better integrate with FDN.
The Modules (as individuals) can now be set to supply their products to Nodes, to keep this flexible the Module will search for any Nodes within range. If for whatever reason it can’t pass any, or part of its products to first Node (a Cap level) it will cycle through all other available Nodes.

So not only will the Modes request resources from the FDN, they will feed back in. I thing a production/consumption report will also be helpful, I did think of adding it to the existing wares report on FDN but it would take a lot of work to incorporate so it will run against the ship or dock.

I’ve made most of the changes in FDN so hope to release the next version of MPM with a compatible version of FDN within the next couple of days, hopefully before I’m away on a course next week.

LA

Hartzaden
x3tc

Post by Hartzaden » Fri, 7. Aug 09, 16:09

will it accept a crystal free SSPs that have had the need removed via scripts?

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Fri, 7. Aug 09, 16:29

Hartzaden wrote:will it accept a crystal free SSPs that have had the need removed via scripts?
Not tested, I always build on vanilla, also MPM requires at least one resource at the moment. I'll have a look once I've got it ready.

LA

Logain Abler
x4

MPM v2 released 08/08/2009

Post by Logain Abler » Sat, 8. Aug 09, 17:29

MPM v2 released

MPM v2 will now work on any Dock which can have Stations transferred to their hold
Module can now be set to provide their Products to any FDN Node within range.
Debug command added to Modules, individual Modules can be debugged to log file to help investigate & fix any issue

I hope you enjoy, as always feedback, good or bad is welcome :)

LA

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Sat, 8. Aug 09, 17:59

To edit the default Module number for TL's & Docks open the 9913 t file and change the below lines:

Code: Select all

<t id="20002">5</t>
    <t id="20003">20</t>
t id 20002 is for TL's & 20003 for Docks.

Have fun!

LA

CutterJohn1
x3tc

Post by CutterJohn1 » Sat, 8. Aug 09, 23:27

You! Stop reading my mind!

I was just lamenting how annoying it is to set up fabs, and wouldn't it be great if I could simply install them in some HQ style building or something instead.. Then I started thinking about how I would go about scripting something like this, and.. well, you did it first. Woo!

I have to test first, but this may be my favorite script ever :D

Chris0132
xr

Post by Chris0132 » Sun, 9. Aug 09, 00:32

All we really need now is a big expensive structure with maybe 75 module slots and some specific station limits, so you could store maybe 5 XL SPPs and fifteen of most other things, basically like a complex in a can, except you can swap out modules when you need them.

Some similarly designed ships would also be nice, like arans except designed specifically for this, with station cargo space.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Sun, 9. Aug 09, 10:12

CutterJohn1 wrote:You! Stop reading my mind!

I was just lamenting how annoying it is to set up fabs, and wouldn't it be great if I could simply install them in some HQ style building or something instead.. Then I started thinking about how I would go about scripting something like this, and.. well, you did it first. Woo!

I have to test first, but this may be my favorite script ever :D
Cheers, hope it works out for you.
Chris0132 wrote:All we really need now is a big expensive structure with maybe 75 module slots and some specific station limits, so you could store maybe 5 XL SPPs and fifteen of most other things, basically like a complex in a can, except you can swap out modules when you need them.

Some similarly designed ships would also be nice, like arans except designed specifically for this, with station cargo space.
I think that the next natural step for this script, it will be couple of weeks before I can look as I'm away on a course :(

LA

Tasolth

Post by Tasolth » Wed, 12. Aug 09, 20:25

Careful there LA. I'm noticing a little steam coming out those ears. :evil:

I'm just afraid that at the rate your going the nuclear power plant in your head is going to go critical :D

Keep up the awesome work.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Thu, 13. Aug 09, 10:08

Tasolth wrote:Careful there LA. I'm noticing a little steam coming out those ears. :evil:

I'm just afraid that at the rate your going the nuclear power plant in your head is going to go critical :D

Keep up the awesome work.
:lol: , I need to start playing the game :!:

LA

Gorium
x3tc

Post by Gorium » Sun, 16. Aug 09, 02:45

Performance wise, using this script and FDN, how does it compare to other building procedures?

Normal X3TC 100 station complex
Complex Cleaner 100 station mega grey cube
MPM + FDN 100 station "synergy"

I am not looking for production on the run, but good compact production, and using some TL carrying the station on-board would be cool, but I will only jump over if it's actually efficient system wise, and production wise.

Can I get any comments on people who used it for big production runs? (either for HUB plot, or for large missiles production [20 factory or more, plus the food, plus the energy... so 70-100 station loops])

Thanks for the coming feedback all.

Ryuujin
x3

Post by Ryuujin » Sun, 16. Aug 09, 05:30

Wow, I certainly picked a good time to pick up X3TC. Between MARS and this script my ill-advised love of TL's is suddenly starting to pay off with some awesome scripts =D (My pride and joy now serves as a jump-transport-mining-vessel-mobile-drone-manufacturing-and-control-base)

And the idea of TL-Hubs replacing those fugly complexes is the sweetest idea I've heard in a long time =D

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Sun, 16. Aug 09, 15:48

Gorium wrote:Performance wise, using this script and FDN, how does it compare to other building procedures?

Normal X3TC 100 station complex
Complex Cleaner 100 station mega grey cube
MPM + FDN 100 station "synergy"

I am not looking for production on the run, but good compact production, and using some TL carrying the station on-board would be cool, but I will only jump over if it's actually efficient system wise, and production wise.

Can I get any comments on people who used it for big production runs? (either for HUB plot, or for large missiles production [20 factory or more, plus the food, plus the energy... so 70-100 station loops])

Thanks for the coming feedback all.
I ramped up the number of modules on one of my FDN XL nodes to 200, I set the first 80 to 100 for resource building and used the rest for missile, ammo & drone production, which I could tweak and change on the fly as needed.

Works for me, but I would say that :P

LA

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”