Collecting ideas and content for superbox

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

darkstar one
x3tc

Post by darkstar one » Mon, 27. Jul 09, 22:05

Hi guys darkstar one here

This the idea submission topic?

My thoughts as follows

i think apricots Extended Phq patch is great has i always need more space at my player hq :lol: :lol:.
Might need work on that lightspeed Re/build times for egosoft to use it in the superbox though.

Mars turrets by gazz A total godsend in my opinion Great stuff cant live without it

I think Orbital weapons platforms (all sizes) should be available to the player at shipyards for purchase

The 4 special lasers (plasma beam ,tri laser phased array laser and fusion beam) should be made compatible with more ships (M1, M2 M7 classes) and be buyable

Unavailable ships ie (notus , washi, maruader, eurus, otas Frigate, Yaki Frigate ATF Ships made Buyable

Player owned Equipment docks can install Equipment (like XTM for X3reunion).

Repair lasers buyable at Certain Equipment Docks.

Zoed Vega
x3tc

Post by Zoed Vega » Thu, 30. Jul 09, 05:35

Moderator erased post
Last edited by Zoed Vega on Tue, 4. Aug 09, 17:37, edited 2 times in total.
ALL EGOSOFT GAMES FOR SALE AT EBAY.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 30. Jul 09, 05:42

Zoed Vega, I think you missed the point.

The Superbox is about bundling all the EXISTING mod and script material, NOT about creating new stuff. If you want a mod that does all the stuff you want, suggest it as a thread, but its got nothing at all to do with the superbox.

2000 sectors is impossible, as the grid isnt that big, and even if it was, it would require a building sized super computer to run it, by the time they were all populated. There isnt a computer on the market that could run a game that sized, the way TC is built.

XTC (from the XTM team) will add that many ships from what I hear, so wait for that.

Basically, what your asking for is a new game.

darkstar one
x3tc

Post by darkstar one » Fri, 31. Jul 09, 15:15

Hi guys darkstar one here

Has anyone looked at my ideas for the superbox because (No offence intended) i feel like my posts\ sugestion are a waste of time, Like talking to the Void of space Knowing no one will answer. :cry:

it just seems my ideas for making a great game even better never get put forward or even cosidered... :cry:

maybe it is just my imagination?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 31. Jul 09, 15:18

A lot of that is doable I think.

Submit it to the Merge Mod thread and I'll see what I can do.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Fri, 31. Jul 09, 15:30

darkstar one wrote:Hi guys darkstar one here

Has anyone looked at my ideas for the superbox because (No offence intended) i feel like my posts\ sugestion are a waste of time, Like talking to the Void of space Knowing no one will answer. :cry:

it just seems my ideas for making a great game even better never get put forward or even cosidered... :cry:

maybe it is just my imagination?
Hi darkstar one.

Please don't feel offended when you don't get an answer to your ideas and suggestions. We read them all carefully and try to implement them into the box, but this is not a guarantee that we will include these ideas and suggestions in the box. Please be patient and look out for which decisions we've made when the box is going to get sold in the stores. We've collected tons of materials for the box and have to make decisions what we will include and what not. Also there are still 7 weeks of collecting materials remaining in which we hope to find more suitable content for the box, so it won't be easy for us to make these decisions. that's why we can't guarantee for anything. If we'd do so then people who haven't received a guarantee might feel offended what we don't want to happen.

Thanks for your attention.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Fri, 31. Jul 09, 15:49

Another vote for Transcend II here.

Cant post here and not suggest my own two mods X2 callback and Engine Colours + particle trails :D

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 1. Aug 09, 00:09

X2 callback will be in the Merge Mod.

I'm open to persuasion on the engine colours and trails, if you would like to bring it up in the merge mod thread. :D

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 1. Aug 09, 08:14

The Apricot Mapping Service Mod v2.10 is now complete and can be included in the Superbox.

It is a zip file, which correctly unzips everything into its correct place, and self activates over the first 2 game loads after installation.

It contains 3 game starts, AMS, Khaak and Goner.

It contains nothing outside of the X universe.

It is compatible with the CC, FDN and SSDN mods, which all contain custom models by their author. I recommend they be included as well.

darkstar one
x3tc

Post by darkstar one » Sat, 1. Aug 09, 13:12

Thanks belisarius :) :)
i feel a lot better now
thanks again

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 7. Aug 09, 05:06

Merge Mod v2.01 is now out for beta testing.

X2 callback is included.

Star Wars and Star Trek ships cannot be included in the Superbox due to copyright issues.

However, at some point, they will be included in the Merge Mod. Some of the existing merge mod ships will be removed from the Superbox version for the same reason, but the 2 versions of the mod will remain compatible, so the full version will overwrite the superbox one if someone upgrades.

Please bring up ship mods like Star Wars and Star Trek in the Merge Mod thread, link in the OP.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Sun, 16. Aug 09, 01:32

Please excuse my ignorance, but I must admit I am totally confused!

What for Pet's sack does the "[Superbox] Apricot Merge Mod" have to do with the "ultimate" X collectors edition" announced by Bernd??

I've had my head so buried in modding and RL that this whole "Superbox" idea passed my by until Cycrow mentioned it to me not long ago.

If Apricot's "Superbox" has nothing to do with the "real" Superbox, then why is it going by the same terminology?

Please enlighten me so that I don't have to scratch my head over this any longer.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 16. Aug 09, 03:03

Apricot is working an a merge mod specifically for the Superbox.

this is basically a mod that contains alot of the smaller mods together, than u otherwise wouldn't be able to run at the same time

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 16. Aug 09, 05:46

Superbox was the original name for it. I guess its been changed since I last looked at it.

And yes, the Merge Mod is designed for egosoft to use in whatever they call this thing. Just not the version currently being tested, which will need a few things removed for egosoft. Thats a task for next week sometime, if the mod I'm waiting for updating doesnt show up shortly.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Sun, 16. Aug 09, 05:51

Thank you Cycrow, and apricotslice for relieving my headache. Now I can proceed in my normal mode of perfect understanding [ external image ]

Gammel

Post by Gammel » Wed, 26. Aug 09, 14:52

I can submit my own stuff for the fan section of this? Right.

Cause I'm trying my best to learn how to 3D model so I can make a ship to submit to this. To see a ship made by me in an official release of the game would be like an infinite number of Christmas' all coming at once.. :D
!!! Caution!!!
Signature lost!
Please contact your Admin!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 26. Aug 09, 15:00

Gammel, hurry. :)

There is no formal date for submissions of finished stuff yet, but its approaching rapidly. I'd say 3-4 weeks tops now is the likely time.

So if something is still in development, you need to get it finished and beta tested asap now.

Once you have, if we still have time, and its a genuine new unique ship, then I'd be happy to add it to the Merge Mod for you. If its based on other scifi, then it cant go in the superbox anyway, but can be added to the full merge mod as soon as its ready.

Gammel

Post by Gammel » Fri, 28. Aug 09, 13:13

I'm hurrying. :D
Learning modeling from scratch, it's tough!
Stop by mt thread, and toss ideas and tips around!
!!! Caution!!!
Signature lost!
Please contact your Admin!

FreeMayk

Post by FreeMayk » Fri, 11. Sep 09, 12:22

How long did you get with this project?

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Fri, 18. Sep 09, 05:48

Out of curiosity, when does everything have to be submitted by?

As one of my scripts (SFM) is good to go now, but there are some improvements that I would like to make to it when 2.5 comes out. (Namely, Custom Menu-Columns w/ arrays)

Whilst I've scripted the current custom menu's to do what is needed (albeit with less functionality, as I have less line space to work with), having column menus would be nicer.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”