[SCRIPT] Salvage Command Suite V4.11 [29/12/2012]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

vampirecosmonaut
x4

I have an Unkillable Hotkey

Post by vampirecosmonaut » Mon, 12. Oct 09, 06:32

I was running Salvage Claim Software Mk. 1 by TECSG for a while now and I decided that I wanted to uninstall. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to remove the hotkey this script adds. I managed to remove the ware from the universe, but I cannot get the hotkey gone. Also, the remove hotkey script by graxster, stopped working for me, it just results in a blank screen, I cannot choose hotkeys to remove anymore.

If anyone could help me, I'd really appreciate it. I don't want to start over.
In Reunion, I modded the game over and over and had to restart constantly.
I'd really like to finish an X game for the first time. :oops:
The first documented attempt in human history to use a rocket for spaceflight
was made in the 16th century by a Chinese Ming dynasty official named Wan Hu.
The resultant explosion presumably killed him.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 12. Oct 09, 08:26

You cannot remove a hotkey. Once its created and included in a save game, its there until you start a new game.

It doesnt matter. If you dont assign it a key, it does nothing to the game. So you can remove the script safely, as long as you never try to use it again.

vampirecosmonaut
x4

Post by vampirecosmonaut » Mon, 12. Oct 09, 08:45

There's no way I can track down the global value it's linked to and remove it from my control menu? It's not really a big deal, at this point I want to remove it out of spite. :lol:

kelmen

Post by kelmen » Mon, 12. Oct 09, 09:58

there's a hotkey removal script avail in the library.

honestly, I tried it but never got it worked as expected, but other claimed it worked, you can give it a try.

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Mon, 12. Oct 09, 10:33

Look in the setup script of the software, see its value as set, apply the opposite.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 12. Oct 09, 19:36

hotkey issue merged into the thread the problem comes from, vampirecosmonaut, please follow the rules [url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216696][b]T[/b][b]C[/b] [b]S[/b]&M Posting [b]R[/b]ules[/url]

Code: Select all

021   |$S =  read text: page=$PAGEID id=87
022   |$S =  register hotkey $S to call script 'scs.claim'
I took a quick look at the setup script and it appears that the hotkey is not set as a global variable meaning there isn't an easy way to remove other than running the plugin that kills all hotkeys which i can't see in the download index
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Mon, 12. Oct 09, 19:44

@vampirecosmonaut,

This issue has already been resolved, a new (and much improved) version of the SCS scripts is currently in final beta stage and due for release soon.

vampirecosmonaut
x4

Post by vampirecosmonaut » Tue, 13. Oct 09, 07:00

My apologies LV, I wasn't sure if this was general question or just one that pertained to this script. Next time I will be sure to post in the correct topic. :oops: Thank you for answering my question.

TECSG, will this new version fix my busted hotkey?

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Tue, 13. Oct 09, 17:13

Hi vampirecosmonaut,

The 'new' hotkey routine for the SCS scripts is a multi-function 'intelligent' hotkey that can access many of the new SCS features, it completely replaces the hotkey routine of the existing SCS scripts and should work regardless of the current state of your SCS scripts.

Stryke11
x3tc

Post by Stryke11 » Wed, 28. Oct 09, 05:05

Hello!

I love this script. I just have one question. When I run the "scan for derelict" ships command, it completely stops my ship. It's not a huge problem but a little annoying. Is there a way to make it so the scan happens, it targets the derelict ship, but otherwise doesn't affect my ship's bearings and speed?

I run it from the autopilot menu. I do not use a hotkey. (Specifically since it seems all keys are already assigned to something...is there is list out there of "available" hotkeys?)

Also, the new version you mention sounds really nice. When it's available would you just be able to use the update feature on the plugin manager to get it?

Thanks!

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Wed, 28. Oct 09, 05:27

Hi Stryke11,

Glad you like the script!

Unfortunately, the way X3/TC handles running 3rd party scripts is fixed, many scripts inadvertantly alter the flight behaviour of your ship (usually activating the autopilot). There is also the problem of not being able to run scripts when you're too close to a station...

I have managed to work around this to some extent in the new version (the new version is in final testing phase), but unfortunately, my PC fried itself last week and it will (apparently) take at least two weeks to get it repaired, so it will be several weeks at least before I can even get back to work on the scripts.

The new version currently features over 14 commands, and the new 'intelligent' hotkey means you can access nearly half the commands with (the same) one key, I think it's a really useful feature.

As for what other hotkey's are used, I'm not sure, as there are thousands of scripts and the user can re-define them at will, however I did see mention a few posts back in this thread that there is a plugin to delete all hotkeys, so maybe there is one to list them all too?

Stryke11
x3tc

Post by Stryke11 » Wed, 28. Oct 09, 08:21

Thanks for the quick reply, and for making such a useful script!

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Thu, 29. Oct 09, 00:13

Love your script, TECSG, and use it all the time.
Coupla' things:

:arrow: Lately, when I claim a derelict..after Betty confirms transfer of control and ship turns green, it's MY ship rather than claimed derelict that's put on autopilot for nearest SY. Not a big deal, but odd.

:arrow: Detect crates command: why was it discontinued?

Thanks for the good work you do for all of us in the community!

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Thu, 29. Oct 09, 01:56

Hi Hieronymos,

That sound very strange, I have not altered the (posted) script for quite a while, as I've been working on the new major update (which is basically finished except for translations for the non-english versions), so there is no reason I know of why the script should be acting that way.

Also, the 'Detect Crates' command is still there and working fine to the best of my knowledge), I've not made any changes to that in V3.04.

It may be that your script has corrupted somehow, or inadvertantly been altered, or a possible conflict with another script.

Try reinstalling the script and let me know if that fixes it.

Zhent
x3tc

Post by Zhent » Thu, 29. Oct 09, 14:05

Is the version linked in the first post the most recent version of the script?

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Thu, 29. Oct 09, 15:49

Hi Zhent,

The link at the start of this post is to the last version that was released to the X3TC community, which was V3.04.

However, I am currently putting the finishing touches to a greatly improved V3.26 (may be higher when finally released) which is currently only available to those beta testing and/or translating it.

V3.26 should be released soon, however my PC is down for at least two weeks for repairs, and I still need some translations (only have English (finished) and German (nearly finished) so far).

Zhent
x3tc

Post by Zhent » Thu, 29. Oct 09, 15:55

Ok, thanks. Yeah, I read the thread and saw mention of a 3.1, and then a 3.2, and thought I had missed a link somewhere :)

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Thu, 29. Oct 09, 15:59

LOL, yeah, V3.1 was going to be public, but then I thought of a load more things to put in it, so it carried straight on to V3.2!

Keep watching the thread and I'll post the link/details when it's ready.

Zhent
x3tc

Post by Zhent » Thu, 29. Oct 09, 16:42

Great, cause I tried to get Cycrows ship claimer to work, and it isn't. And my savegame is currently sitting right ontop of a pirate m6 that bailed that I really want to claim :)

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Thu, 29. Oct 09, 16:51

Not the sort of thing you want to let get away! :D

The new version also has a feature that will alert you if a 'tasty' ship is detected in the network, regardless of what sector it's/you're in! It found me an adandoned Large Weapons Platform once!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”