[SCRIPT] Satalite Early Warning Network : V1.22 : 03/06/2009

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 15. Nov 08, 01:56

Graxster wrote:Couple of issues:

1. When set to "Capital ships only", you still get warnings for TM class ships.

2. I'm guessing it's because you change the name...but when a satellite is destroyed, I not longer get a logbook entry telling me what happened. I just get a blank logbook entry, so I have no idea what sector I lost a satellite in.

-Grax
1. TM's are classes as captial ships. The game engine classes all "Carrier" ships as captial. So TM's have to be captial ships to allowing docking

2. This is the formating of the message, because the name contains colours it can format the message log properly.

Could add a seperate message for all sewn satellites

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Sat, 15. Nov 08, 04:24

Not sure if anyone's requested it, but I'd like an "acknowledge" feature. Some way to tell the system "Yes, I know there are those bad guys in this sector. Please stop telling me until new ones arrive."

It's nice to know where the pirates are in case I want to go on a rampage, but otherwise it gets annoying but the hassle of assigning and unassigning satellites or toggling options would be worse.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 15. Nov 08, 12:44

u can already do soemthing like that. You can switch the satellite detect mode so it doesn't detect anything.

or you can increase the time between warning. The time between warnings doesn't slow down the initial reponse. Ie, if you set it to an hour, you will get the message as soon as a ship arrives, then it will wait an hour for the next one

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Sat, 15. Nov 08, 18:00

I think I might get it. For clarification, if you change a Global setting in the script, will it overwrite the setting on a satellite that you've separately configured?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 02:47

OOZ662 wrote:I think I might get it. For clarification, if you change a Global setting in the script, will it overwrite the setting on a satellite that you've separately configured?
depends how the satellite are configured.

if you set each of them to global setting, which is default, then what ever you set the global settings to is applied

but you can set it to local settings as well, as you can configure each satellite differently

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 02:28

Hey, I would really like to use my adv sats to scan for illegal cargo on ships that pass in range and where I have the relevant police license. Is this already possible? Are you willing to add this feature? Would actually make doing police work worthwhile (for the notoriety bonus at least).

Slistine
x3tc

Post by Slistine » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 16:43

Nice to see this ported over. Thank you.

SVoyager
x4

Post by SVoyager » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 22:59

Hi, i tried this script lately and really love it.

I have a quick question / request maybe. I make rather strong satellite networks within a single sector to make sure there is still optimal coverage should one of them be destroyed. The problem is that, when i add all the satellites to the detection grid, the warnings happens per satellite, so if i have 5 satellites within the sector, ill get some message spam even if i put a good timer since all of them acts individually.

Would it be possible to have an option so the warning is triggered on a time basis _per sector_ instead of per satellite within the sector?

And one last thing, ive seen this on another script wich i forgot the name, not sure if its from you cycrow but the script warns when a ship dies and you get on the bottom of the screen, the name, sector and why it got killed. Very easy to read as it appears on the lower portion of the screen no need to dig in the log, or open any kind of menus. Could something similar be done with your script? im not a big fan of the log and the option to have the name of the satellite + sector + trigger enemy ship name displayed on the lower part of the screen would be nice.

Cheers
SV

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 00:23

i could add something like a sector network. So when you have multiple satellites in a sector, they work together.

as for the message, if your talking about having some way to displays the messages via the subtitles, ie at the bottom of the screen, then you can already do that.

there are 3 display types you can set. Vocal, Message, and Vocal + Log. The message one does exactly that

SVoyager
x4

Post by SVoyager » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 00:29

super that would be great!!

damn i must have missed the "message" option, duh. Well done then hehe

Cheers
SV

jacare
x3ap

Betty say: Assistance required....

Post by jacare » Thu, 11. Dec 08, 00:17

hI ppl.

I have a few bugs in my game.

1 - I have a satellite (SEWIN) in Ocean of Fantasy, but Beth is always telling me:

"Assistance Required at Ocean Of Fantasy. "

And now it´s happen in Queen´s Harbour

When I open my log it shows many,many,many:

"Message from Unknown" and a black box.

I went to the sector but nothing happens, but Betty says the same thing.

In my View Log this message appears every 1 seconds for 21 seconds.

There is a solution or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

{Forum rule No 12. Merged. jlehtone}

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 11. Dec 08, 22:50

this is a formating issue with the log book, ill have to check its using the correct message.

as for assistance required, it means its detected a ship that you can claim

Maahes
x4

Post by Maahes » Fri, 12. Dec 08, 15:05

@Cycrow

Is it possible to have SEWN inform when a certain type of ship is detected (enemy or friend).
For expample, I really wat to cap a second Hyperion but am having trouble finding one. If SEWN could message me when one is detected in sector that would just be awesome. :D

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 12. Dec 08, 15:14

sounds interesting, maybe i could add a watch list to the network to search for certain ship types

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Fri, 12. Dec 08, 16:08

The TM thing is kind of annoying. At least Pirate Caravels are rare enough that it's not a big deal.

BTW, the text highlights work really well! Thanks kindly.

Suggestion: There's got to be a better way to add satellites to the network than to look through a list of 100 in a completely random order. Howabout a "Add/remove all satellites in sector (->goes to map)" button? Or even just add/remove all satelites in current sector. Or perhaps even just having satellites in your current sector show up in their own sub-list on the configuration page.
For example, I really wat to cap a second Hyperion but am having trouble finding one.
A laudable goal, but just an FYI: The price of repairing a boarding-damaged Hyperion is incredible. I picked up a second Hyperion myself, but decided that selling it was a better use of my money...
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

Maahes
x4

Post by Maahes » Fri, 12. Dec 08, 16:36

Sandalpocalypse wrote:A laudable goal, but just an FYI: The price of repairing a boarding-damaged Hyperion is incredible. I picked up a second Hyperion myself, but decided that selling it was a better use of my money...
Tell me about it, mine got damage by 12% whilst capping a Brigantine 5Mill to repair!, but that's what the PHQ is for right ;)

northernlights

Post by northernlights » Wed, 24. Dec 08, 23:34

Sandalpocalypse wrote:The price of repairing a boarding-damaged Hyperion is incredible.
Have a look at Graxster's excellent "Mobile Ship Repairs" script:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=221081
It makes repair lasers available for purchase that you can use to rather quickly repair ships. It also adds some commands for a repair laser equipped ship to have it automatically repair all ships in a specific sector (or lets you choose a ship for it to repair).

Vicrry06
x3tc

Post by Vicrry06 » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 08:06

I've used MARS to drop a TON of satellites to light up sectors (around 8 or so per sector) and now there's somewhere between 100 and 400 satellites sitting out there in the surveillance network. It'd be nice to have something like SEWN to keep an eye out for problems, but the issue is that the couple hundred sats running this script make my computer drag along..

Any ideas on solutions to my problem? I rather like being able to see whole sectors, so I'd prefer to keep the sats deployed.

Bandus
x4

Post by Bandus » Tue, 13. Jan 09, 21:15

I'm having an issue with this script, sorta. The script for the most part appears to be working swell. I got messages in my log or the bottom of my screen. However, the "vocal" setting appears to not work at all. I never receive any audible alerts whatsoever. Anyone else ever encounter this or have any ideas? Thanks!

Desperation
x3tc

Post by Desperation » Thu, 15. Jan 09, 00:59

Thank you, thank you, thank you Cycrow!

I was getting annoyed by ships which suddenly had been shot down without any notice. This script seems to fix that :)

Sorry if some of these suggestion are stupid, but I'm new in the X-Universe and don't know if it's possible or not ;)

First of all it could be nice if you could tell the satellite to only warn you if you have any ships and/or stations in the area.

Second it'd be nice if the satelitte list is sorted with all the red at the top. Faster to see where the problems are in that way ;)

Another thing that would be nice would be a fast way to jump to the sector like a button in message you get which gives your ship a jump commando to that sector. Is that possible?

Is it also possible to implement . and , in the SEWN list for quick acces to the sector? And maybe a button in the warning message called View sector? In that way I could view the sector to see how many enemies there are and then go back and click jump in case I think they have to be killed.

Coordinates for claimable ships would be nice as you don't have to target all ships in the sector to find the one not moving. Or even better a way to make that ship your target, assuming you're in the sector.

The last thing might be out of scope for SEWN. But the UT's seem to jump into sectors even though there are enemies there. Would be nice if they didn't jump to those sectors by consulting the SEWN first.

And again I'd like to thank you for a great script. Keep up the good work! :)

Edit: One last thing. I'd like to be able to assign some wings to engage capital ship, and other wings to only engage M3 and below. I hate to loose ships ;) And I second the suggestion about some kind of battle report telling if the wing was damaged during the combat.

Edit 2: Forget about that battle report! What we really need is some options in the configuration to tell at which shipyard the wing should auto repair and which equipment dock it should visit to buy new shields, fighter drones etc. That'd be awsome!
Last edited by Desperation on Thu, 15. Jan 09, 12:51, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”