[SCRIPT] Merchants Guild V1.50 : Updated 11/03/2007

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rate this scripts

5. Excelant
60%
4. Good
27%
3. Average
7%
2. Not so good
No votes
1. Bad
1%
Not really my thing
4%

Total votes: 70

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 22. Apr 06, 06:21

well, the prize is actaully for level 15, but the guild only goes upto level 5 ;)
its coz i copied it from the assassins guild, and just commeted it out incase i wanted to use it later.

but you still get a prize for reaching level 5, as u'll be able to buy a large number of ships fro mthe merchants guild shipyards, including TL's

Armegeddon
x4

Post by Armegeddon » Sat, 22. Apr 06, 23:42

Discovered a couple things after adding some debug messages to the mission scripts.
1) Even with prio of 100, they wont always display right away.
2) The deliver mission will never be displayed at a Merchant Shipyard because in the "offer" section, you find a WareStation and check that it exists, but then check if the station the player is docked at is a shipyard or a dock and cancel the mission in those instances. Since the Merchant Shipyard is a shipyard (obviously), the mission will never actually be displayed.

Haven't noticed any problems with the wanted mission as I've only had one offered so far. Which is strange since I have military and assassin guild also and average about one of those for every 3 stations.
There is a thin line between genius & insanity i have erased this line

Armegeddon's X3 scripts and mods

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 23. Apr 06, 07:16

hmm, ill have to take alook at that, i didn't think i put a check in for the players station.

the prio of 100 i know about, theres no way to make it always show, 100 is the best you can do, which is just very likly, but theres still a random factor involved.

Armegeddon
x4

Post by Armegeddon » Tue, 25. Apr 06, 08:40

Figured out the bug with the deliver missions not ending correctly.

At the end of the "check" section where you have the [Quest.Finished] line, you are passing it $message in the "quest=" field instead of $Object, so the quest engine cannot end the mission. Fairly easy to miss mistake with the number of variables you use in the script.

Also noticed one other bug. If doing a deliver mission that uses a ware that you already have in your cargo, it will give you the mission even if the added ware exceeds your max cargo. ie: you have cargo hold of 1200 (Centaur in my case), and have 700 Energy Cells already on hand and the mission wants you to transport 872 Energy Cells (this is an example I just had happen), you will be given the mission and your cargo will be topped off with Energy Cells. Technically, it should refuse the mission as you do not have enough "empty" space to take the ware to be transported.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 25. Apr 06, 17:46

makes it worse when half my scripts use $object, and the othre half use $quest

i shouldn't really make them use the same so i dont get confused :P

Abanon
x3

Post by Abanon » Tue, 25. Apr 06, 21:48

I think this is the same issue as discused above by Armageddon

I have had three guild jobs to deliver to a remote station where I have deliverred (the cargo has left my ship) but some time later I get a failed message. This only happens where I have to deliver to a remote station and not when i have to bring a product to where I get the job from

Armegeddon
x4

Post by Armegeddon » Tue, 25. Apr 06, 22:22

Abanon wrote:I think this is the same issue as discused above by Armageddon

I have had three guild jobs to deliver to a remote station where I have deliverred (the cargo has left my ship) but some time later I get a failed message. This only happens where I have to deliver to a remote station and not when i have to bring a product to where I get the job from
Yeah, that would be caused by the error in the script. Because it's not passing the quest object to the quest engine the mission will never be successfully completed, so the only way it can end is by failing after the time is exceeded. Although I did discover that you can keep delivering the amount of desired ware to the destination station and you will keep getting guild experience and money for it. Once the mission finally fails though, you will lose some of your money.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Update V1.42

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 28. Apr 06, 21:48

ok, i've added the fix for the delievery mission

DrunkenPirate
x3ap

Post by DrunkenPirate » Sat, 29. Apr 06, 00:12

I'll test that out tonight and report back.

Abanon
x3

Post by Abanon » Sat, 29. Apr 06, 17:01

Just tried to auto update with your script installer and it hangs on the download, installed just fine from the dirct link tho

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 29. Apr 06, 17:14

which part is it hanging on, when it checks for the update, or when it starts downloading ?

Abanon
x3

Post by Abanon » Sat, 29. Apr 06, 22:01

It checks the update then hangs on the download

That aside the update works just fine completed (and got paid for) my first delivery mission for the merchant guild :D

Factor X
x3

Post by Factor X » Mon, 1. May 06, 11:00

I read a note in BBS, about the merchant guilds possessing a shipyard in Antigone Memorial. I went there but I couldnt find it.

Does it display on the sector map, just like the other stations?

And second question, if I disable the network satelites in AL settings, will the guild function the same way?

Armegeddon
x4

Post by Armegeddon » Mon, 1. May 06, 11:03

Factor X wrote:I read a note in BBS, about the merchant guilds possessing a shipyard in Antigone Memorial. I went there but I couldnt find it.

Does it display on the sector map, just like the other stations?

And second question, if I disable the network satelites in AL settings, will the guild function the same way?
Yes, but it can be quite a distance away from the center. Usually out beyond the radius of the gates.

Factor X
x3

Post by Factor X » Mon, 1. May 06, 12:31

I've explored carefully the entire sector with a triplex scanner, and I couldnt find it.

Is there a simple way to localize it?

Everything seems to work fine though, I could read the advertisement on BBS, the AL settings are there (I disabled the network selling/buying and the satelites spawning, but I enabled station spawning).
I made an spk installation. I havent enabled the script editor but I shouldnt have to do it.
Any idea?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 1. May 06, 15:28

well, the station can be around 40km from the center.

so the best way to find it, would be to start at 20k, 20k, 20k, move to
-20k, 20k, 20k. then to -20k, 20k, -20k, then to 20k, 20k, -20k.

and repeat that for -20k on the y axis, and you should find it easy enuf

Factor X
x3

Post by Factor X » Mon, 1. May 06, 15:43

strange

I am pretty sure its not there. Ive searched methodically with my triplex scanner. Round all the sector, by circles (on xy-axis) and at different three different altitudes (z-axis).

Can the script be re-intitialized? how can it be done?
or maybe the station was destroyed? but I doubt, because im in the beginning of the game and there's not much hostile activity for now.
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends."

DrunkenPirate
x3ap

Post by DrunkenPirate » Tue, 2. May 06, 02:09

I found a merchant shipyard in my game, it's in Profit Center Alpha, dead center of the map 0,0,0

However, it trades nothing and when I pull up the BBS it says "-No Articles-"

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 2. May 06, 03:44

what level of the guild are you, as it will only have ships for sale when u reach level 5

althou it should have some articles on the BBS.

Factor X: if it has been destroyed for what ever reason, a new one will be created anyways, but theres also more than one of them about, so after awhile u'll prolly find some new news about another station thats been created.

Factor X
x3

Post by Factor X » Tue, 2. May 06, 13:51

.....damn, I re-check the sector again (it takes a while)....no station.
Ill wait for the next news then.
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends."

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”