X2 - Experimental shuttle

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Earthpilot
x3tc

Post by Earthpilot » Mon, 17. Jul 06, 15:36

Rei Ayanami has modelled his own one and placed it in his Xenon-Design-Mod back in the days when X2 came out.

Use the extra search to look for the mod.

D1353L
x2

Post by D1353L » Mon, 17. Jul 06, 17:20

Yeah I have rei's model, its fixed, but the cockpit from external view is now broken. It's been made transparent and at some angles you cant even see it..... I wouldn't mind the model from the TopGun mod if someone would be willing to post up a .cat of just the X-Shuttle model, I'm not interested in the other ships.

Earthpilot
x3tc

Post by Earthpilot » Tue, 18. Jul 06, 16:44

That is a conversion matter with X3.

I don't know why, but all bodies with a certain flag in their body mask are not rendered or rendered fully transparent.

At least it is the case with my ships.

D1353L
x2

Post by D1353L » Tue, 18. Jul 06, 22:05

OK I have a few more questions....

The Camoflague Device in the game (which is on any ships I spawn with this script I have that spawns fully equiped ships), what does it do? how do I activate it? is it an actual in-game feature or just one of those things that was never used?

SETA Booster? Again what does this do? how is it used? etc?

steveo1259
x3tc

Post by steveo1259 » Wed, 19. Jul 06, 17:52

the camaflage device works but you have to get a script from somewhere to make it work.

the SETA booster dosent do anything

Earthpilot
x3tc

Post by Earthpilot » Thu, 20. Jul 06, 14:50

The SETA booster is a relicf back from the days of X-Beyond the Frontier.
It combined a real boost with maximum SETA.

Since that boost is non-existent in X3, the SETA booster is useless.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 20. Jul 06, 14:58

u'll find that theres alot of wares that dont appear to do anything.

some of them are left over from previous games, others are plot releated items

Dethloc

Post by Dethloc » Wed, 8. Feb 12, 14:53

Hey All!

Yeah Harlock's (Kudo's to all those who made it!) mod was perfect. I had no problems at all with it. I have a medium end machine 2 gig processor 512 megs of ram on XP. I used the x shuttle all the time, and kicked ass with it.

It comes with a 125 MW shield which it cool cause you can still get offed if you aren't careful so your not invincible and have to keep on your toes. The best weapon configuration to me was 4 76183 lasers and 2 ion disruptors. Worked like a charm.

I just beat the game by getting a born shark battleship and loading it with all the most powerful weapons I could find (plus all the ship left by pirates I spanked Lol!) and used the Xshuttle for getting to the target on the Alien mother ship and then docking and using the laser turrets to shoot the motherships targets and won the game Yeah baby!

Anywho...I think the X shuttle is the best M3 class fighter out there. I was wondering if anyone could recommend what their best fighter is. Is there any reasonable fast ship with good shielding (25MW sucks).

Thanxs for the info,

Dethloc....out...

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”