Is there a way to disable the random Xenon incursions?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

The Captain

Is there a way to disable the random Xenon incursions?

Post by The Captain » Wed, 2. Aug 23, 00:51

I've managed to get myself quite the reputation this playthrough, and I've noticed that my fight rank seems to coincide with a steady ramping up of random spawns of Xenon in various sectors. Now that they are coming with Qs and J/Ks, I'm wondering if there is a way to dial back their ferocity so that I might be able to enjoy the building and commerce parts of the game a bit more, without needing to constantly jump into various systems for combat.

Anyone know where I can start?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Is there a way to disable the random Xenon incursions?

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 6. Aug 23, 12:12

There should be jobs defined for these incursions. Therefore you can either remove those jobs from the jobs file (see the types folder within the catalogs) or modify the respective job script ''!job.xenon.incursion" (see the 'scripts' folder in the game directory).
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

The Captain

Post by The Captain » Tue, 8. Aug 23, 03:43

Thanks so much! I'll have a look at those tonight and see what I can figure out.

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Tue, 5. Sep 23, 15:25

Would x studio 2 be better option for modding newbie to edit the script? Or maybe setting job range to something short? (Like 1 instead of 10)

Actually, since that script file is standalone, is removing it and removing that job line (in jobs.txt) enough to remove it?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 5. Sep 23, 16:45

You shouldn't need to actually remove the script. The script is what gets run on each ship created by the job. If the jobs don't exist then script won't be run.

The easist way would be to set the quotas of the incursion jobs to 0. This would mean no more get spawned. It won't remove the existing ones, but they should eventually die out

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Tue, 5. Sep 23, 19:21

Cycrow wrote:
Tue, 5. Sep 23, 16:45
You shouldn't need to actually remove the script. The script is what gets run on each ship created by the job. If the jobs don't exist then script won't be run.

The easist way would be to set the quotas of the incursion jobs to 0. This would mean no more get spawned. It won't remove the existing ones, but they should eventually die out
Oh that sounds easy! was assuming it was script based since it scales based on rank. Which column is quota? I'm not able to find which column is what

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 5. Sep 23, 19:50

The quotas are column 3 and 4.
But it'll be easier to just use the X3 Editor 2 (FL Version) which should work with the jobs files

the scaling by rank is done via an MD file which uses plot flags to dynamically enable/disable the various jobs.

There are multiple jobs for the Xenon Incursion, the number of these jobs that are active is based on your ranks.
If you set the quotas to 0, then even if they are enabled, they wont generate any ships.

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Tue, 5. Sep 23, 20:00

Aha thank you, so x editor 2 is supposed to work. Let me poke around more, I couldn’t get it to run (yet)

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 5. Sep 23, 22:03

rudi_pioneer wrote:
Tue, 5. Sep 23, 20:00
Aha thank you, so x editor 2 is supposed to work. Let me poke around more, I couldn’t get it to run (yet)

viewtopic.php?f=201&t=438785

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Tue, 5. Sep 23, 22:17

alexalsp wrote:
Tue, 5. Sep 23, 22:03
rudi_pioneer wrote:
Tue, 5. Sep 23, 20:00

viewtopic.php?f=201&t=438785
That’s the one I was trying originally. Trying clean install, since it must be something with my windows then

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Tue, 5. Sep 23, 22:23

Thank you everyone, works now!

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”