[PLOT] TC/AP Plots for FL : v1.03 : 2023/12/03

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

marty0004

Re: [PLOT] TC/AP Plots for FL : v1.01 : 2023/07/04

Post by marty0004 » Wed, 12. Jul 23, 22:38

Having plot issues, Jonferco Start, latest versions of Unofficial Patch and Old Plots

Goner Plot - Made initial ware deliveries, but next step is to speak to Jani Hall. He is on the Ozias but no blue book icon, only the C credits icon and when I comm him he only offers the generic responses. Also sector has 2 temples.

Treasure Hunt - On step where I am supposed to speak to Josep Gillean in Senator's Badlands, again no blue book icon on his ship, only the lightbulb icon and comms are only the generic ones again.

Final Fury - Exterminator is there, but again no blue book icon, only the fight icon on his ship, and comms only offer same generic responses.

After TC spy missions and getting access to Neptune - next step is to speak to Delilah Shiratori in Elena's Fortune Alpha, she has the blue book icon, but only offers generic responses like the previous plots.

Any help please? This seems to be affecting any and all plot lines.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Thu, 13. Jul 23, 01:22

Don't forget to provide the save file.

marty0004

Post by marty0004 » Thu, 13. Jul 23, 11:16

alexalsp wrote:
Thu, 13. Jul 23, 01:22
Don't forget to provide the save file.
Here is game save file - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QK9k1C ... sp=sharing

Thank you for taking a look at it!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 16. Jul 23, 19:40

I believe the main problems is when the patch files get mixed up so the plots end up with missing files.
This happens when updating the unofficial patch which puts the patch files after the plot files instead of before.

This should be fixed in the latest version of the plugin manager (should reinstall both the patch and the mod to be sure)

as for fixing it in a save game, this would be more difficult

The Captain

Post by The Captain » Sat, 29. Jul 23, 05:18

I ran into a problem on a new game with the most up to date versions of both the unofficial patch and the Old Plots fake patch

Savegame - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xb3rZm ... drive_link

I was able to do most of the Goner plot, but when I finally arrived in the pirate system after tracking the ship, I picked up the astronaut that jumped from the pirate station, and nothing happened. The mission is still active and directing me to Gaian Star, but when I fly into the sector there is nothing but the pirates and their stock exchange. Also, the Truelight Seeker is in my possession, so I'm not sure if I was meant to get that mid way through the plot or at the end?

I do have a few mods running as well:

Cheat collection package - Cycrow
MW Hijacker - Maileweaver
NPC Bailing Addon - Thisisharsh
Salvage Claim Software - Cycrow

Old Plots - Cycrow
Unofficial Patch - Cycrow

Community Plugin COnfiguration - Cycrow
Cycrow Libraries - Cycrow
Hotkey Manager - Cycrow
JSON Parser Library - ThisiIsHarsh
Ware Manager - Cycrow

Minotaton1
x4

Post by Minotaton1 » Tue, 1. Aug 23, 22:14

How do I start the FL to TC bridge plot?
I have just finished up the terran spy plot. Not seeing anything different since though.

The Captain

Post by The Captain » Tue, 8. Aug 23, 02:11

I wanted to add to the comment above, as I've been playing on the same save file and I've run into another issue.

Earlier on in my playthrough, I went a little too far into Terran space and got a few of that sector's ships mad at me (Moon I believe).

Now, I've gotten to the end of the Terran plot, we've disabled the CPU and I am bringing back the delegates from Aldrin to Earth. I'm fine traversing the Moon sector, but as soon as I show up at Earth, the torus is red for me and all of its many lasertowers are as well. I get the Congratulations message upon entering the sector and the invite to dock at the Torus, but nothing changes after that. I've tried cheating the sector relations as well as specifically targeting the Torus and trying to switch it's relations with me using the cheat scripts, but to no avail.

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Wed, 9. Aug 23, 00:23

Cycrow you're a legend Sir! So what's next? Plots from Reunion and perhaps from X2, yes please do :) :) :)
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 12. Aug 23, 10:09

first thing im looking at doing is adjusting the AP plots so you can play both sides of the conflict in a single game.

but i do have plans to remake the Reunion plot as well, this will take more time however as it'll have to be recreated from scratch

DonOctavioDelFlores
x3tc

Post by DonOctavioDelFlores » Sun, 13. Aug 23, 13:23

The Captain wrote:
Sat, 29. Jul 23, 05:18
I ran into a problem on a new game with the most up to date versions of both the unofficial patch and the Old Plots fake patch

I was able to do most of the Goner plot, but when I finally arrived in the pirate system after tracking the ship, I picked up the astronaut that jumped from the pirate station, and nothing happened. The mission is still active and directing me to Gaian Star, but when I fly into the sector there is nothing but the pirates and their stock exchange. Also, the Truelight Seeker is in my possession, so I'm not sure if I was meant to get that mid way through the plot or at the end?

Old Plots - Cycrow

Hotkey Manager - Cycrow
Ware Manager - Cycrow
Same issue. The astronaut that the base spawns is just a generic goner astronaut, and not 'actor.name@L2M03.Hall'.

Save, just before the cutscene.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vNypoV ... sp=sharing

Minotaton1
x4

Post by Minotaton1 » Fri, 18. Aug 23, 11:24

I've been having a play trying to figure out why this mod isn't working for me. (No plots after terran plot with FL start).
If I try to start a new game from either TC or AP beginning I get this error
x3files verification failed - file: addon2\l\x3story.obj

I presume it hasn't installed correctly if that is the case. I don't have a L folder in the addon2 folder.

Any ideas or did I not install correctly from plug in manager?

Am running on steam deck so may be steamOs/Linux related.
Thanks

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 18. Aug 23, 12:22

are there not plots available at all ? the TC plot needs a trigger before thats available. But the Goner/Kha'ak plot should be available.

does the plots start properly from a TC/AP start?

the error you are getting is just saying the game is modified, as x3story.obj has been change from the unofficial patch, you should receive that message once for every game.
alot of files are actually inside the cat/dat files rather than loose in the directory.

Just make sure the unofficial patch is the latest version 1.3.10 (should display in the bottom right when loading)

Minotaton1
x4

Post by Minotaton1 » Fri, 18. Aug 23, 12:37

I've finished the FL plots. Terran space is open and I'm sure my ceremony will be great 🤣.
Since then no plots available. Nothing with the goners, exterminator not there and nothing triggers in elenas fortune or omicron lyrae.

On a new start from TC or AP start. I never have weapons or shield with the new ship. I do get a message about plots if I start a FL new game

Minotaton1
x4

Post by Minotaton1 » Fri, 18. Aug 23, 19:25

I've just tried a fresh install on a windows pc and the new starts from TC and AP work perfectly so it must be a steamOS/Linux thing. I know the folders/file structures are different so may be something to do with it.

Kondor91
x4

Post by Kondor91 » Sat, 2. Sep 23, 06:25

Is it possible to start "A New Home" "and "Balance of Power" with an AP start? If so,how? Balance of Power requires Aldrin missions to be completed, but AFAIK you can't do them with an AP start

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 2. Sep 23, 11:53

Yes they should work in an AP start. The Aldrin missions are considered complete when starting AP.

the main reason for this is that the Aldrin mission require the Hub, but to get the Hub in the AP start requires you to access the sectors added in the Aldrin missions (these sectors are available from the start for AP)

Kondor91
x4

Post by Kondor91 » Sat, 2. Sep 23, 15:31

Great, I'll test it then!

EDIT: Balance of Power is supposed to start with only Aldrin missions as requirement, but nothing is happening with both Tormented Teladi and Argon Patrol. Do I have to complete the AP plot first?

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Mon, 4. Sep 23, 08:02

DonOctavioDelFlores wrote:
Sun, 13. Aug 23, 13:23
The Captain wrote:
Sat, 29. Jul 23, 05:18

Old Plots - Cycrow

Hotkey Manager - Cycrow
Ware Manager - Cycrow
Same issue. The astronaut that the base spawns is just a generic goner astronaut, and not 'actor.name@L2M03.Hall'.

Save, just before the cutscene.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vNypoV ... sp=sharing
Can confirm the same issue on my end. I'm playing with these mods:
- Unofficial patch v1.3.10
- Old plots v1.01
- FLXRM
- Salvage Claim Software

Kondor91
x4

Post by Kondor91 » Mon, 4. Sep 23, 12:22

More from the AP start: apparently, both Tormented Teladi and Poisoned Paranid are barred from the AP plot because sector M148 is hostile to them even if the AP plot is unlocked. In fact, the player is greeted by the guy for the quest, but all stations and ships are hostile.
Starting with Argon Peacekeeper work for the quest, but for some reason the starting sector is...Kingdom End? Still have to try how it works with the Terran start

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 4. Sep 23, 12:37

The Argon Peacekeeper start should start in Argon M148. Starting in Kingdom End suggests it cant find the correct sector so is defaulting to 0,0 (Kingdom End).

This suggests the universe map is not being loaded correctly. If you are installing via the Plugin Manager, make sure its the latest version (1.84) and try reinstalling both the Unofficial Patch then Followed by the Plots Mod.

For the other starts however, you will need to do Operation Final Fury first, to unlock the sector (this plot should be available in the AP starts once you have enough rank)

The Unlock requirements for Balance of Power is the completion of either Aldrin Plot, Operation Loose ends (Terran), or Albion Prelude Plot (Commonwealth). Plus positive Terran rank and Final Fury and Goner plots complete

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”