Missing stations question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

Missing stations question

Post by Cursed Ghost » Sat, 25. Nov 23, 01:13

Ok so I’m curious why do there seem to be stations listed in the x3_universe.xml that are not present in game for example.

In Kingdom End when you start a new game there only appear to be 13 stations yet there are 26 listed in the x3_universe.xml

And in Argon Prime there are also 13 stations when you start a new game but in the x3_universe.xml there are 19 listed so where are the missing stations?

Looking at various online sources they would seem to suggest that the stations should be there but I do notice that here for example

https://roguey.co.uk/x3/universe/x0-y0/

the missing stations are faded out and here

http://www.xdatabase.de/x3-reunion/en/s ... End.1.html

I notice that the missing stations are marked with a yellow AI so now I’m wondering if those other stations are ones that don’t appear by default in which case I’ll remove them if they don’t actually exist in game.

Just to be sure I installed the cheat script for X3R just in case they are there and I just missed them, but when I activate the add satellites command to make it show all sectors and show everything that are in those sectors they still don’t appear, so what’s going on ??

The reason I ask is because if I’m going to build accurate sector maps I need accurate information now this wasn’t an issue for XBTF, X-T, and X2 even though there are some stations that are not show by the add satellites command in X2 but usually its fine coz I can just go there and scan them manually to confirm there existence but it seems like it is going to be an issue for X3R because the x3_universe.xml appears to display incorrect information and lists stations that don't excise, another part of the reason I suspect the x3_universe.xml to be bad is because none of the station internals are listed in the x3_universe.xml like they are in x2, although this could be down to the fact that the stations internals are listed else where in x3r and not in the x3_universe.xml as it was in X2

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Missing stations question

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 25. Nov 23, 01:18

Some of the stations are proposed stations. You can built in galaxy editor, they should be displayed separately, and you can switch between them. Its just a flag that defines it as proposed.

These are the sectors that can eventually by built based on economic factors.
So the stations you have available later in the game will be different to those you start with.
if you remove them, then no new stations will get built

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

Re: Missing stations question

Post by Cursed Ghost » Wed, 29. Nov 23, 05:43

Ah so it’s what I though they are stations that don’t exist, but can potentially be built as you play through the game, makes sense since in later games in the series stations could be removed or built by god or could be attacked and destroyed by AI ships which helped to give the game a more dynamic and realistic feel, which is something that was some what lacking in the previous games.

Although I wasn’t actually asking about the Galaxy Editor, I was asking because I have been building my own resource because a lot of the old websites particularly for the earlier games in the series are gone, or they are some what lacking in various ways either that or there design is just poor making it hard to find the info you are looking for, or the info is just straight up wrong and I figure building my own site is a grate way to learn and practise my skills.

for example: https://i.postimg.cc/QC3917P1/untitled.png

It's something of a work in progress and is nowhere near finished yet but even so I have already learned so much.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”