[X3TC] 5.0 km and 7.5 km sized mines

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

UnknownObject
x4

[X3TC] 5.0 km and 7.5 km sized mines

Post by UnknownObject » Fri, 18. Aug 23, 01:09

I noticed some asteroids, whatever mine you build on them, become roughly 5.0 km sized, and some asteroids turn into an even bigger mine.
Is there a way to predict the size of the mines based on the game data - will it be "normal" or "plus-size"?
Мир всем народам на свете.
Нам не нужна
Война!

Fulgrymm
x4

Re: [X3TC] 5.0 km and 7.5 km sized mines

Post by Fulgrymm » Fri, 18. Aug 23, 04:53

The mines all use a single model, so whatever asteroid you place the mine upon, will just become the one model available for mines. I think. Maybe I'm wrong.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 18. Aug 23, 12:26

the M and L mines might have different models (not sure)

but the asteroid you place it on doesn't make a difference as the asteroid model is replaced by the mine model (which includes a fixed sized asteroid as part of the model)

Martin Head
xr

Post by Martin Head » Fri, 18. Aug 23, 12:31

When you say "whatever mine you build on them", do you mean ore/silicon, or do you mean medium/large. Also what about Terran mines. They use a different model.

Or could it be a proximity thing? If there is a station/asteroid close by, a smaller model is used to avoid collisions.

UnknownObject
x4

Post by UnknownObject » Fri, 18. Aug 23, 23:32

Cycrow wrote:
Fri, 18. Aug 23, 12:26

but the asteroid you place it on doesn't make a difference as the asteroid model is replaced by the mine model (which includes a fixed sized asteroid as part of the model)
I build only Commonwealth L mines, and some Ore Mines L are larger than others, the same goes for Silicon Mines L. It depends on an asteroid, it seems.
Нам не нужна
Война!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 19. Aug 23, 08:25

Is your game using any mods? I remember several asteroid model mods (such ones that randomly introduced asteroids with tunnels through them) that also affected the rocks that mines were on.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Martin Head
xr

Post by Martin Head » Sat, 19. Aug 23, 12:06

It may be that there are 4 or 5 different mine models, and the game picks one randomly, or maybe they cycle around. So that if you build, say 3 mines next to each other, they will not look the same.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 19. Aug 23, 15:33

UnknownObject wrote:
Fri, 18. Aug 23, 23:32
Cycrow wrote:
Fri, 18. Aug 23, 12:26

I build only Commonwealth L mines, and some Ore Mines L are larger than others, the same goes for Silicon Mines L. It depends on an asteroid, it seems.
Each race has their own mine, so if you are building them from different races, they could look different. But if you are always using the same mine, they should all look the same.

each race does have 2 different mines however, which may be available at different shipyards (i havn't checked which ones are available where)

UnknownObject
x4

Post by UnknownObject » Sat, 19. Aug 23, 17:22

Cycrow wrote:
Sat, 19. Aug 23, 15:33
But if you are always using the same mine, they should all look the same.
The thing is they don't.
Нам не нужна
Война!

Herman2000
x4

Post by Herman2000 » Wed, 6. Sep 23, 12:19

I'm guessing the file "types\Matches.txt" plays a role in determining the ultimate mine model used.

Code: Select all

//body matches for specific purposes
//body match type;num matches;
//first body/cut id/name;second body/cut id/name;match body/cut id/name
SMTYPE_MINE;MATCHF_CUT2|MATCHF_CUTMATCH;16;
environments\asteroids\asteroid_A_ClassMine;stations\station_scenes\others\argon_mineA_silicon_S_scene;stations\station_scenes\others\argon_mineA_silicon_S_scene;
environments\asteroids\asteroid_A_ClassMine;stations\station_scenes\others\argon_mineB_silicon_S_scene;stations\station_scenes\others\argon_mineA_silicon_S_scene;
environments\asteroids\asteroid_B_ClassMine;stations\station_scenes\others\argon_mineA_silicon_S_scene;stations\station_scenes\others\argon_mineB_silicon_S_scene;
environments\asteroids\asteroid_B_ClassMine;stations\station_scenes\others\argon_mineB_silicon_S_scene;stations\station_scenes\others\argon_mineB_silicon_S_scene;
environments\asteroids\asteroid_A_ClassMine;stations\station_scenes\others\argon_mineA_silicon_L_scene;stations\station_scenes\others\argon_mineA_silicon_L_scene;
environments\asteroids\asteroid_A_ClassMine;stations\station_scenes\others\argon_mineB_silicon_L_scene;stations\station_scenes\others\argon_mineA_silicon_L_scene;
environments\asteroids\asteroid_B_ClassMine;stations\station_scenes\others\argon_mineA_silicon_L_scene;stations\station_scenes\others\argon_mineB_silicon_L_scene;
environments\asteroids\asteroid_B_ClassMine;stations\station_scenes\others\argon_mineB_silicon_L_scene;stations\station_scenes\others\argon_mineB_silicon_L_scene;
environments\asteroids\asteroid_A_ClassMine;stations\station_scenes\others\argon_mineA_ore_S_scene;stations\station_scenes\others\argon_mineA_ore_S_scene;
environments\asteroids\asteroid_A_ClassMine;stations\station_scenes\others\argon_mineB_ore_S_scene;stations\station_scenes\others\argon_mineA_ore_S_scene;
environments\asteroids\asteroid_B_ClassMine;stations\station_scenes\others\argon_mineA_ore_S_scene;stations\station_scenes\others\argon_mineB_ore_S_scene;
environments\asteroids\asteroid_B_ClassMine;stations\station_scenes\others\argon_mineB_ore_S_scene;stations\station_scenes\others\argon_mineB_ore_S_scene;
environments\asteroids\asteroid_A_ClassMine;stations\station_scenes\others\argon_mineA_ore_L_scene;stations\station_scenes\others\argon_mineA_ore_L_scene;
environments\asteroids\asteroid_A_ClassMine;stations\station_scenes\others\argon_mineB_ore_L_scene;stations\station_scenes\others\argon_mineA_ore_L_scene;
environments\asteroids\asteroid_B_ClassMine;stations\station_scenes\others\argon_mineA_ore_L_scene;stations\station_scenes\others\argon_mineB_ore_L_scene;
environments\asteroids\asteroid_B_ClassMine;stations\station_scenes\others\argon_mineB_ore_L_scene;stations\station_scenes\others\argon_mineB_ore_L_scene;

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”