Very pleasantly surprised by the amount of efforts put into the game

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

fireanddream
xr

Very pleasantly surprised by the amount of efforts put into the game

Post by fireanddream » Thu, 6. May 21, 05:34

Just about everywhere I look there are QoL upgrades as well as new contents put into the game. I was expecting nothing more than a small wonky mission chain, sort of like AP with one more story mission that bridges the gap between AP and X4.

Boy was I wrong, FL can 100% legitimately be called a new expansion for X3. In fact, I dare say the amount of new contents maybe even exceeds what we got from AP (over TC).

No matter what I did I couldn't help screaming "that is a thing now?". For example, the lifesuit alone has two big QoL upgrades (pre-installed seta, and beam no longer flickering at low energy). Massive overhauls on player station, hyperlinked encyclopedia, faster/no more station build cam, equipment fitting, non-intrusive seta, etc. I also notice the amount of "rare" prototype/advanced ships roaming around now, which is very welcoming for a ship collector. It is very apparent everyone in the team has played AP for years.

In general, I was expecting NOTHING but surprised big time. It truly feels like playing X3 for the first time yet again.

How the hell did you guys find the time and passion to finish this huge project?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Very pleasantly surprised by the amount of efforts put into the game

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 6. May 21, 12:04

fireanddream wrote:
Thu, 6. May 21, 05:34
How the hell did you guys find the time and passion to finish this huge project?
That was probably the most difficult part

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 6. May 21, 12:33

fireanddream wrote:
Thu, 6. May 21, 05:34
1. Have a Cycrow in the team.
2. pizza

MFG

Ketraar

Le Boron Chétif
x3ap

Post by Le Boron Chétif » Thu, 6. May 21, 13:59

Wanted to echo fireanddream's feedback, it's really really neat, thank you to all involved!! :D I'm only a few hours in the game so far, but no issue so far, and I'm really liking the concept of expanding existing sectors in the same way Terrans did in their system. And Borons are obviously my favourite race, so the plot is perfect for me!

The music is as great as ever too - were new tracks composed by Alexei Zakharov for the occasion, or is it rather existing but so far unused tracks?

Also, side question about the music, they appear to play randomly now, will it be the same across all sectors, including existing ones? Or will landmark tunes still be in the same places where we're used to have them? Eg Argon Prime, Getsu Fune, Kingdom End... (assuming those systems still exist of course)?
:boron: Blub?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 6. May 21, 14:01

some sectors have specific music tracks, there are more of these than for TC/AP.
but other sectors will have a random track played

pirates/xenon sectors will generally have different music too

JcJet
x4

Post by JcJet » Thu, 6. May 21, 14:51

Yep, I was also surprised, expected some story arc for 2-4 hours, but ended up spending 2 days and counting. Great game, reminds me of "The Nameless Mod" for Deus Ex in terms of content...

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Thu, 6. May 21, 18:55

You know when your child is happy !

Just watch them sitting eating an ice-cream.

They are quietly humming, and there legs swing back and forth.
Like a dog wagging its tail.

I am happy,

I am humming as I look for stuff, and yes a glint of glee in my eye.

Simple things ! So simple, yet so nice to be flying searching again.

:D

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Thu, 6. May 21, 20:03

It it wasn't good Egosoft would not release it under own brand :)
I'm satisfied with gameplay, develops slowly, some people might be a bit disappointed with that but personally I like slower paced gameplay of X (Xtereme from X2 in my heart). So far everything works fine, there are new mechanics, new map, new sitations so old habits from classic map must be set aside. Not reading any spoilers and I'm curious what lies ahead for me in Farnham's Legacy. Great job team and thanks to Egosoft.
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”