[REALSPACE MODS] "STARS" - "XRSGE" - "REM" - various

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

nikoli grimm
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" - "Engines Mod" - "X4RSGE"

Post by nikoli grimm » Fri, 9. Feb 24, 03:40

Just FYI one of the gates in Silent Witness V: Sanctuary needs a slight position adjustment. When you are going through the sector on autopilot you end up bouncing back and forth through one of the gates because the guidance pulls you directly through the gate you just exited to try to get to the next one. I wouldn't have noticed if I was controlling the ship, seeing as I would have gone around the gate, but this is what the autopilot decided my course should be.
Last edited by Terre on Sun, 11. Feb 24, 08:54, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 9. Feb 24, 04:45

Folker wrote:
Wed, 7. Feb 24, 20:00
Hey realspace, just a thought:

As I told you, and as you know, the stations are too small. So we've increased the size of the stations, for production, and to make them bigger.

But, the stations are independent, so the ore smelter has no use, the energy station is the same, and so is the gas station.

Here's an example of a solution:

Energy station => Mineral station => Tier 1 industry (microship for example) => Tier 2 industry (Advance electronics) => Shipyard...

All you have to do is add more modules and more storage space, with a more aesthetic look to the station.

XR module are more bigger this is the reason that XR station are more big. In more XR have more wares for station. So this two problem are not. In more XR have module for increase yield

Tell me you want me to create other stations and modify the independent station to do as I say above. As you want. Because I prefer to make this solution.

But if you don't want the new idea and keep the basic one, the faction's economy is less dependent on the trader, and therefore stronger.
I realize I did not answer about the solution: I mixed both kinds, vanilla mono-product and my multi-product industries. If using the latter, you end having 2-3 station kinds. Yes is better in order to reduce trader-dependancy but makes the whole trade part of the game less relevant.

For realism but also gameplay I put mega stations in core sectors only. I think that mixing the two creates variety. As in reality: big industries and small factories. So yes doing mega industries is also good but I already did for each race: energy, metals, ships and hightech.

Instead, mono-product are randomly generated except your par claytronics (that i also put in core sectors only but randomly, not hand-placed).

Btw one could create randomly generated multi-product megastations by editing the products.xml file then adding the new product's tag in the god.xml stations. This would add variety to the shape or megastations. But handmade projects are surely nicer to see.

@nicoli grimm,
the guidance issues can derive by the old save where that connection did not exist.

To test if everything is in order the best way is start a new game, use cheat mod to reveal the map and jump in position then use the guidance/autopilot.

I will look at that gate in silent witness when at the pc, it is one of the latest i made (removed vanilla, added mine) so could explain why the old save still persists.

Usually some save/reload solves it. But only Ego knows for sure
Last edited by Realspace on Fri, 9. Feb 24, 11:12, edited 6 times in total.

Bozz11
x4

Post by Bozz11 » Fri, 9. Feb 24, 10:33

I just realized when I make a custom start and have "Curbs: Patriarchy withdraws colonial police" option selected, they are no Curbs ships in FRF Territory and they don't seem to have any ships and the Revanous wright is still under FRF Control, does this work as intended ?
I think in the vanilla game it makes them spawn stations, ships etc...

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 9. Feb 24, 11:09

Bozz11 wrote:
Fri, 9. Feb 24, 10:33
Vanilla sectors are not changed in xrsge 7 except gates. No story stations removed, no jobs altered. All vanilla things work normally. The mod stacks upon, while 6 did replace everything. I will simulate the start to see, only reason could be the md scripts but they are just a few things. Do you use other mods that change economy, jobs, etc?
Last edited by Realspace on Fri, 9. Feb 24, 11:26, edited 1 time in total.

Bozz11
x4

Post by Bozz11 » Fri, 9. Feb 24, 11:23

Another small issue, on Split Wharfs the building modules are upside Down, not sure if it's intended

Bozz11
x4

Post by Bozz11 » Fri, 9. Feb 24, 11:24

Realspace wrote:
Fri, 9. Feb 24, 11:09
Bozz11 wrote:
Fri, 9. Feb 24, 10:33
I just realized when I make a custom start and have "Curbs: Patriarchy withdraws colonial police" option selected, they are no Curbs ships in FRF Territory and they don't seem to have any ships and the Revanous wright is still under FRF Control, does this work as intended ?
I think in the vanilla game it makes them spawn stations, ships etc...
Vanilla sectors are not changed in xrsge 7 except gates. No story stations removed, no jobs altered. All vanilla things work normally. The mod stacks upon, while 6 did replace everything. I will simulate the start to see, only reason could be the md scripts but they are just a few things. Do you use other mods that change economy, jobs, etc?
Yes but not on game start, I use mods to give factions more Civilian ships and fleets but I will activate them after a few hours of gameplay so the factions have to build them and not spawn tham on game start.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 9. Feb 24, 16:30

Bozz11 wrote:
Fri, 9. Feb 24, 11:23
Another small issue, on Split Wharfs the building modules are upside Down, not sure if it's intended
Thanks for the catch, I've fixed it (for next update) but oc they'll only shown on newly built stations or a new game.
Bozz11 wrote:
Fri, 9. Feb 24, 11:24
I started a new custom game with boso and dal present and the option you mentioned for split plot. At start Boso and Dal contact me and the mission starts to deliver 10.000 missile components. The sectors on the map are shown as belonging to Curbs. What am I missing? Here is the pic:
Spoiler
Show
nikoli grimm wrote:
Fri, 9. Feb 24, 03:40
Just FYI one of the gates in Silent Witness V: Sanctuary needs a slight position adjustment. When you are going through the sector on autopilot you end up bouncing back and forth through one of the gates because the guidance pulls you directly through the gate you just exited to try to get to the next one.
This is what the map and gates look like in 7.1.6:
Spoiler
Show
Gates are correctly positioned
nikoli grimm wrote:
Fri, 9. Feb 24, 03:40
I wouldn't have noticed if I was controlling the ship, seeing as I would have gone around the gate, but this is what the autopilot decided my course should be.
In your game you have not discovered the other Sonra sectors (see my following pics) so it is OBVIOUS that the autopilot chooses that route, it is the only available.
The Reach can be ..reached..:) only from Argon Prime or Morning Star VII.

Nevertheless I tested that route with the map open and something weird indeed happens.
Spoiler
Show
But...up to the gate in Argon Prime to The Reach it finds the route correctly:
Spoiler
Show
At first I thought maybe the long highway is not seen, but as you see it calculates the route even discarding the highway.

My guess is that in terms of raw distance, kilometers to cover, the longer route is indeed shorter because the more sectors to cover are internally smaller.

So I must probably look in the move.autopilot scripts to see if I can command to prefer less sectors instead of less kilometers. Any help is welcome..

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Fri, 9. Feb 24, 23:37

Nice work with Windfall Aurora Dream. The sector is huge and looks like real pirate haven
I noticed you've changed jumpgate layout a bit. Can't find a quick path from Argon Prime to Hatikvah Free League, only through President's End. Is it intended to be like that? Thought you decided to restore vanilla connections :gruebel:
No problems with that with te exception that I had to travel a big circle in Callisto with 2000 m\s speed to complete first Hatikvah mission :lol:

Folker
x4

Post by Folker » Sat, 10. Feb 24, 00:19

Realspace wrote:
Thu, 8. Feb 24, 11:28

I've increased the cargo space of all modules in latest version and above this I also add a lot of storage modules in my custom stations. They also give a more pleasant look (big cities). But we touched the limit, my fps drop at 30 when close to the mega stations. I think the best looking solution would be to at least import some XR modules, like the storage modules that look better and are bigger. I think I am able to do it, the shaders were provided and the models are in XR but I have zero time to do it. If you can take permission from SirNukes that would help a lot. Anyway, we can simply take what we have now, the claytronics factory you did is very good, if we have more single-product megafactories I will simply replace the vanilla factories added by my mod and they will be automatically spawn in core sectors (I've set the map to condition what the god engine does so high tech factories are 1. hand-placed close to planets or 2. auto-spawn in core sectors only)

I'll talk to SirNukes about it, but to be clearer in my request, I'm asking for permission to use the XR module models? Or do you want something else?

And for the XR module, I can also ask the modder you told me about: tomchk, or is that not necessary?

I can ask Max Bain for use X4 Economy overhaul station's asset no ? Say to me that you want, and after I do it

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sat, 10. Feb 24, 03:15

Folker,
Just explore the solution you want to spend time on. Because I am done with stations. Don't want to dig in another big project to make xr stations work. To me, other hand-made stations as the Claytronics you did are more than enough to revamp the economy and look. Already now it has received a big a boost after adding the mega-stations. So what you think you can achieve, is good to me. XR models do not require permission (except egosoft's) but the method to be re-used and the shaders adapted to x4 is what the author can explain or help you with.

Ziplock,
Yes that gate is no more but Sonra system is internally redone, so is ringo moon sector. Redone by setting connections close together. All the gates needed to reach hatikvah space are very close. What I did to the connections in general was to put all gates close together but far from the center. So jumping multiple sectors is fast. What takes time is reaching low orbits or resources, internally.

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Sat, 10. Feb 24, 21:32

So I assume you didn't keep all vanilla connections, some have been changed and I have a suggestion: I find your idea about the Reach sector in previous versions very interesting (that it was another star system where argons managed to reach using accelerator tech) . Maybe you should restore accelerator-to-accelerator connection with Argon Prime instead of jumpgate.? And restore vanilla jumpgate connection of Windfall and Avarice (because those are two different systems and pirates hardly have such a high tech to build such accelerators. C'mon, even their ships are made of junk :D ). That'll make much more sense, in my opinion.

epicproffi

Post by epicproffi » Sun, 11. Feb 24, 07:59

How about 5 battlefields with paths to five different factions. Good logistics, lively gameplay. saw something similar to the nexus in the mod for your galaxy https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/1313

I apologize for my drawing skill :)

Last edited by Terre on Sun, 11. Feb 24, 08:52, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sun, 11. Feb 24, 13:12

epicproffi wrote:
Sun, 11. Feb 24, 07:59
I've developed such an idea long ago in my X3FL galaxy mod where i introduced the solar hubs. Then exported the idea in xrgse despite being more peripheral here. Still they act as strategic hubs. They separated enemy factions (e.g. Boron vs Split) and, frankly, it was more immersive there than it is in xrsge (due to the limitation in galaxy layout, in x3 I could use the up/down dimension for system displacement).

Anyway if a faction defeates the xenon or the khaak in some hub sectors it gains fast access to other systems. My FL mod was even more strategical in that regard. Have you explored the map entirely? There are many of such key sectors :)

Ziplock, ok immersion is important and these chages are easy, will do them.
Last edited by Realspace on Sun, 11. Feb 24, 16:55, edited 2 times in total.

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Sun, 11. Feb 24, 15:17

Thanks a lot. Your mod is already very immersive, sometimes I just miss some of nice early version's ideas.
For more immersion I would suggest to make Montalaar, Light of Heart, Akeela's Beacon (with 4 suns) and New Income full solar systems with close X3's descriptions, all these sectors in South-East. Maybe add Legend's Home system with OTAS shipyard. Add some Orange nebulae and some sectors to Aldrin system, maybe some old station's/CPU ship's debris. I know, one can dream :D
Too much work of course, I know there're lots of other things to do (bug fixing etc.) but maybe if you got time and desire to add even more immersion to the mod, these ideas if realised could boost it a lot

P.S. Sounds like a major X4 to X3 overhaul, but still... :mrgreen:

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sun, 11. Feb 24, 16:04

REM VERSION 5.0.2 (added ships version)

:arrow: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/848

- various bug fixes
- reworked S hips too, now they are differentiated for role, some are defensive (more shields or hull but less guns), some are offensive (less shield, more guns). Following vanilla philosophy, so Split rely on their superior alloy (hull) rather than shields, Teladi are more defensive (more shield, less guns) etc. The 3 Argon heavy fighters are very different now and have each a role eventually (Quasar and Pulsar were simply crap versions), etc.
-added compatibility with my Reputation Mod so S heavy fighter, Reinforced L traders and the new XL traders can be bought with reputation 20 (not 25), aka military equipment.

Also REM adds a lot of encounters of the newly added Xenon XL and Khaak L destroyer, adds also Scaleplate to the encounters.
The universe is very alive and dangerous, as soon as you leave the protection of the (strong, in xrsge) defence stations.

I strongly advise for using REM alongside XRSGE, it adds much more than physics or speed or new ships. But be prepared to lose ships. :twisted:
I like it bc I use the great bounty mod so killing foes gives money back. And Learning all the things mod, so pilots can train over time of employ otherwise loosing a ship = loosing trained pilot ;)

Ziplock, there were changes in some of the sectors you mentioned, did you see them in latest version? Aldrin for instance..;-)

P.s the akeela beacon's atmosphere is used in some southern system in the galaxy core, with multiple suns. Different names but similar mood.

Akeela's beacon in xrsge is the name given to the bright looking gas giant in the black hole sun system. It makes sense but I agree that is less suggestive and poetic than a remote system where the stars guide you :)
Last edited by Realspace on Sun, 11. Feb 24, 23:54, edited 5 times in total.

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Sun, 11. Feb 24, 16:18

Realspace wrote:
Sun, 11. Feb 24, 16:04

Ziplock, there were changes in some of the sectors you mentioned, did you see them in latest version? Aldrin for instance..;-)
Not yet. Sounds very intriguing, I will continue exploring :)

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sun, 11. Feb 24, 23:20

Guys I was thinking about this solution to implement ship building even more (mega factories already help in that). Creating a new ware that is a "package" of all the stuff needed. Like a "ship building kit", a ware that requires the sum of all basic wares needed to actually build a ship calculated on the raw materials. Then creating special shipyards that produces this kit from the raw materials and then into ships. Or special megafactories doing the kit only, that can be used by shipyards. They need the equivalent in raw materials so no more intermediates. A bit like xenon or terran economy, which I don't like. But this can be added, not replacing, otherwise economy simplifies too much. Like special factories only in the low orbits. Don't know if it will break something, but could speed up ship building. And if it is doable..

Btw, this idea or not, I need reports on late game, what is still lacking for a war-heavy game in your late play? So I can tweak the economy a bit more. I don't want to overdo otherwise performance drops. In my game: hull plates and weapon components are lacking the most. I use REM oc where there is a significant quota of XL xenon that is spawn (not built at stations) so the game is war-heavy very early and factions need to build ships very fast to defend. But xrsge too adds xenon "normal" encounters everywhere, even close to stations.

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Mon, 12. Feb 24, 07:32

Maybe that's a good idea for war-heavy game. Because there are lots of situations when shipyards and wharfs are missing resources. As for me, I' m not a fan of war oriented gameplay, more into exploration. I like the good old approach when xenons/khaaks are on the edges of the universe, but sometimes make incursions to Commonwealth sectors. Don't like encounters either, ashamed that Encounters mod isn't compatible with XRSGE

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Mon, 12. Feb 24, 11:10

In x3, xenon ships spawn in some specific sectors out of thin air. X4 allows both ways, spawn or built.

Encounters mod adressed variety and timing but to change 'where' to spawn is a matter of the jobs file (don't remember if Moonrat modified that too). Nothing difficult in reality.

You don't use REM, what kind of foes are spawn in your game, far from the center? I suppose you don't see xenon XL nor khaak L, right? (those added by REM).
I personally like the idea that the space is so big that far from controlled areas the foes can roam. I also added pirates to encounters, in my game they assault often the passing ships, some even have scary teladi destroyers.

I use the excellent bounty mod so even if losing some ships there are rich rewards for killing the foes. Perfectly balanced in xrsge+rem universe

ziplock815

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] "STARS" - "XRSGE" - "REM" - various

Post by ziplock815 » Mon, 12. Feb 24, 15:15

I use Bounty hunter mod too
And Ship variation expansion, so there's a plenty of new xenon L ships, for example V and so on
As I remember, there were no such encounters and ship spawning in each sector when flying away from the center. In X4 it seems to be everywhere. Personally, I find it kind of annoying and immersion breaking.
Anyway, with your mod they're some X3-like incursions, and you don't feel like overwhelmed by xenons because of Universe size, so incursions feel more surpriaing. For example recently I encountered a lonely Xenon I flying towards one of the shipyards in Argon Prime. Didn't cause much damage though. I suppose it was destroyed en route.
Btw, in latest version there are lots of ships spawned in the beginning, by all races. Especially Windfall, lots of fighters. So I expect rather active Universe this time. Pirates tried to harass me like 8 times when what flying through President End in Hatikvah Callisto :D

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”